You think Rare will ever make Banjo Threeie?

#21puffnbillys420Posted 7/14/2014 2:23:24 AM
TBONE_OG posted...
It'll come. Maybe they will do a project spark thing, and if it gets enough attention -- that'll help.

And for the record: Nuts & Bolts was awesome. I find it so ridiculous that people contine to rip the game. It's solid. People cry and whine because it wasn't exactly what they wanted. But you know what? That doesn't stop it from being a good and fun game. But I get it, I said and thought the same thing as the babies. Then I played it and realized it was fantastic.

And as a true fan of BK, it's great. It's got the humor, the characters, the music, a world, levels -- and yes, Jiggys.

Looks like your the one crying and whining because nobody agrees with you..
---
Psn: DirtyJoeBro XBL: joe1ah feel free to add me
#22darthcidPosted 7/14/2014 2:24:47 AM
The problem is that the Banjo engine was just a rejig of the Mario 64 engine, obviously Nintendo are not going to let them use that any more so they are going to have to build one from scratch or use an engine not really designed for the type of game it is. This leaves you with a sequel that will be nothing like the originals.
---
"Prepare for mild to severe discomfort" - Ringabel
#23garydavexxxPosted 7/14/2014 2:31:39 AM
I expect rare don't want to make a third. It's a tall order to make no.3 live up to the first two. That's why they took it in a different direction with nuts and bolts. They also did the same with viva piņata if I remember correctly wasn't their a mario party version of VP after trouble in paradise?
---
They picked an allegiance to a system. And they defend it and will lay their own lives for the console of their choosing. The Game of Consoles is just starting.
#24boolzeroPosted 7/14/2014 6:31:05 AM(edited)
TBONE_OG posted...
It'll come. Maybe they will do a project spark thing, and if it gets enough attention -- that'll help.

And for the record: Nuts & Bolts was awesome. I find it so ridiculous that people contine to rip the game. It's solid. People cry and whine because it wasn't exactly what they wanted. But you know what? That doesn't stop it from being a good and fun game. But I get it, I said and thought the same thing as the babies. Then I played it and realized it was fantastic.

And as a true fan of BK, it's great. It's got the humor, the characters, the music, a world, levels -- and yes, Jiggys.

Nobody was crying or whining about the game. I personally loved the game. That does not change that fact that it only sold roughly 730,000 units in its entire life to date as an exclusive franchise which needed to sell twice that given it's production budget to even get close to breaking even.

And let's be brutally honest here as well; though it was a fun game, it was not the game the fanbase wanted. I have personally always said that had the mechanics for Nits and Bolts been applied to a more mature geared newer prep overtly it would have done better (such as a mix of a futuristic, junk world/mad max-esque post apocalyptic game with the same build-your-vehicle-and-your-weapons-your-way approach). The game divided the fan-base as just as many people who were long time fans tried it and didn't like it at all. Period. Again, I loved the game personally, but my head is not in a cloud or bubble as to not understanding that it wasn't a success and that it was received with mixed feeling by its fan-base and did not meet commercial success...

Don't let your enjoyment for the game and the franchise cloud those facts.
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#25boolzeroPosted 7/14/2014 6:39:16 AM
darthcid posted...
The problem is that the Banjo engine was just a rejig of the Mario 64 engine, obviously Nintendo are not going to let them use that any more so they are going to have to build one from scratch or use an engine not really designed for the type of game it is. This leaves you with a sequel that will be nothing like the originals.

They already have the Nuts and Bolts engine. It was a competent platforming engine and if parsed of the building/construction portion, the camera reworked and the controls tightened it would more than serve the purpose quite well.

Besides, it's not that hard to make a platformer engine from scratch; you can bust one out in about six months time mostly kink free after design doc (which takes longer to make honestly, and they would already know a majority of what they would want the game to functionally do). It's the art direction, asset design and creation, music composition, level and world design and layout and everything else that takes up immense amount of time...
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#26darthcidPosted 7/14/2014 7:31:33 AM
boolzero posted...
darthcid posted...

They already have the Nuts and Bolts engine. It was a competent platforming engine and if parsed of the building/construction portion, the camera reworked and the controls tightened it would more than serve the purpose quite well.

Besides, it's not that hard to make a platformer engine from scratch; you can bust one out in about six months time mostly kink free after design doc (which takes longer to make honestly, and they would already know a majority of what they would want the game to functionally do). It's the art direction, asset design and creation, music composition, level and world design and layout and everything else that takes up immense amount of time...

The nb engine was terrible for platforming, of the few occasions you have to get out to jump about was terrible. Sure they could make one from scratch, but could they make a good one from scratch, thats the point. If it was that easy, why are there so many terrible platformers.

Use another example from Rare, Kameo, a very poor Zelda clone that did very little right, from the same company that made Star Fox Adventures which was a good Zelda clone.
---
"Prepare for mild to severe discomfort" - Ringabel
#27TBONE_OGPosted 7/14/2014 11:35:34 AM(edited)
puffnbillys420 posted...
TBONE_OG posted...

Looks like your the one crying and whining because nobody agrees with you..

Plenty of people liked the game. I see you're one of the whiners. Whine on.

boolzero posted...
Nobody was crying or whining about the game. I personally loved the game. That does not change that fact that it only sold roughly 730,000 units in its entire life to date as an exclusive franchise which needed to sell twice that given it's production budget to even get close to breaking even.

And let's be brutally honest here as well; though it was a fun game, it was not the game the fanbase wanted. I have personally always said that had the mechanics for Nits and Bolts been applied to a more mature geared newer prep overtly it would have done better (such as a mix of a futuristic, junk world/mad max-esque post apocalyptic game with the same build-your-vehicle-and-your-weapons-your-way approach). The game divided the fan-base as just as many people who were long time fans tried it and didn't like it at all. Period. Again, I loved the game personally, but my head is not in a cloud or bubble as to not understanding that it wasn't a success and that it was received with mixed feeling by its fan-base and did not meet commercial success...

Don't let your enjoyment for the game and the franchise cloud those facts.

Besides the game not selling well, the rest of what you said are not facts. It's your opinion.

You just wrote up a bunch of stuff that was already said and didn't need to be clarified. I said the game wasn't what a lot of people wanted in my original post (see above). And they did cry and whine... a lot.

Regardless, I know the game failed to sell well. But I believe not enough people gave it a chance. Oh well! Doesn't matter to me because I enjoyed the game while others got salty because it wasn't what they wanted.

I'm happy you and I got to enjoy a new Banjo game a few years back. Sucks for the rest of them, right? I haven't been waiting as long as the rest for a "good" BK title. Ha.
---
Always O.G.
#28LostOdyssey17Posted 7/14/2014 12:42:18 PM
I loved the banjo 1 and 2. Ive beaten banjo kazooie 3-5 times in my 23 year tenure on this planet. Tooie I usually never make it to completion but I still love it. However, nuts and bolts was garbage. I rented it years ago thinking "YES! NEW BANJO!" and after playing it for 10 minutes, I spit on it, put it back in the box and returned it to hollywood video.

Banjo threeie doesnt even need to be a huge budget game. Ill take old school, average graphics and mechanics anytime amywhere if it means threeie.
---
I like to think I make some pretty good topics and posts, until they get modded shortly after.
#29rusty12000Posted 7/14/2014 12:49:09 PM
Unfortunately Rare is just a name now, M$ gutted the company after buying it.

RIP Rare
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM