XBONE has a higher chance to get more and better exclusives than PS4.

#11BlackFeathers(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2014 3:41:07 AM
mygoodluckcharm posted...
Doesn't matter. Xbone doesn't get Bloodborne.

This is true! Me personally I'd take BloodBorne over Sunset Overdrive, Halo 5 and Scalebound.
---
Please come with me to Rainbow Land where Unicorns are made of Fudge and Cotton Candy and everything is FREE!!! - The Campaign *Gamefaqs Mods = crappy* :/
#12p3r0x1d3Posted 7/14/2014 3:53:16 AM
don't forgrVanderZoo posted...
Sony has more 1st party studios, and they had a much better track record for making 1st party games last gen than MS.

Look at last year how they continued to support the PS3, Sony made/published The Last of Us, Gran Turismo 6, Puppeteer, Ratchet and Clank, God of War: Ascension and Beyond: Two Souls.

MS published Gears of War Judgement for the 360 last year, and that's all I know of.

dont forget MS also published kinectimals, which sold 5x the amount of copies than the last of us.
#13dnmtPosted 7/14/2014 4:06:13 AM
BlackFeathers posted...
Panner posted...
BlackFeathers posted...
Panner posted...
I think Sony will have their dev studios make more exclusives than Microsoft can buy. Having more money doesnt mean more exclusives.

More money = hire more workers = more games

Like I said, if Microsoft REALLY cares, they WILL get more exclusives out.

You do know that the Xbox division has a limited budget. They cant just spend as much as they like.
Its the same for all of sonys devs too. They have a budget, but because Sony has more 1st party devs it means that Sony will get more exclusives.

I'm sure the Xbox divisions budget can be increased if Microsft wanted it to be right?

Why would they want to?
#14BlackFeathers(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2014 4:09:48 AM
dnmt posted...
BlackFeathers posted...
Panner posted...
BlackFeathers posted...
Panner posted...
I think Sony will have their dev studios make more exclusives than Microsoft can buy. Having more money doesnt mean more exclusives.

More money = hire more workers = more games

Like I said, if Microsoft REALLY cares, they WILL get more exclusives out.

You do know that the Xbox division has a limited budget. They cant just spend as much as they like.
Its the same for all of sonys devs too. They have a budget, but because Sony has more 1st party devs it means that Sony will get more exclusives.

I'm sure the Xbox divisions budget can be increased if Microsft wanted it to be right?

Why would they want to?

Umm to get more exclusives to the Xbox Fans. :/
---
Please come with me to Rainbow Land where Unicorns are made of Fudge and Cotton Candy and everything is FREE!!! - The Campaign *Gamefaqs Mods = crappy* :/
#15suzukimatsuiPosted 7/14/2014 4:15:34 AM(edited)
Microsoft Games division does not have the entire access to their full funds, like any division they are allocated a certain amount to work with. The Xbox division does not have higher priority than any other division unless there is solid reasoning. Even they would not throw money around if it didn't make business sense to them and especially to their shareholders.
#16Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 7/14/2014 4:12:18 AM
do people actually think the xbox division has the entire company's net worth as a budget?
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#17Altair001Posted 7/14/2014 4:12:48 AM
But the question is how long will MS keep burning money on xbox, the first one lost them 7 billion, 360 made back around 2 billion but the brand is still 5 billion in the red.

now with the failure of kinect 2 they're on a losing streak again, and buying 3rd party exclusives like Titanfall, dead rising, Ryse has not helped and has only lost them more money. It's only a matter of time before MS decides to amputate this cancerous limb.
#18ThePaleRiderpPosted 7/14/2014 4:13:45 AM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
do people actually think the xbox division has the entire company's net worth as a budget?

Yes they do.

suzukimatsui posted...
Microsoft Games division does not have the entire access to their full funds, like any division they are allocated a certain amount to work with. The Xbox division does not have higher priority than any other division unless there is solid reasoning. Even they would not throw money around if it didn't make business else to them and especially to their shareholders.

And this guy explains why they don't.
---
Valar morghulis
#19BlackFeathers(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2014 4:14:23 AM

No but I was under the assumption that it could be increased if they wanted the Xbox to be more successful.

So far from what you guys are saying, Sonys game division has a bigger budget than Microsofts game division. Is that what you all are saying?
---
#20Altair001Posted 7/14/2014 4:20:00 AM
BlackFeathers posted...

No but I was under the assumption that it could be increased if they wanted the Xbox to be more successful.

So far from what you guys are saying, Sonys game division has a bigger budget than Microsofts game division. Is that what you all are saying?

What people are saying is that Sony has more assets in their gaming division, when their studios make a game Sony gets all the profits.
When MS buys an exclusive like Titanfall they pay for the exclusivity and the ads but don't get the profits.
And it's entirely likely that Sony woulD be willing to pump more money into their gaming division as it's one of their profitable divisions, while xbox for MS is a money pit.