XBONE has a higher chance to get more and better exclusives than PS4.

#21Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 7/14/2014 3:20:03 AM
BlackFeathers posted...
So far from what you guys are saying, Sonys game division has a bigger budget than Microsofts game division. Is that what you all are saying?

so because I say that the xbox division doesn't have a limitless budget then i must be saying that they have a smaller budget than PS?
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#22BlackFeathers(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2014 3:24:58 AM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
BlackFeathers posted...
So far from what you guys are saying, Sonys game division has a bigger budget than Microsofts game division. Is that what you all are saying?

so because I say that the xbox division doesn't have a limitless budget then i must be saying that they have a smaller budget than PS?

Is their gaming budget bigger than Sonys or not? That's all I need you to answer...
---
Please come with me to Rainbow Land where Unicorns are made of Fudge and Cotton Candy and everything is FREE!!! - The Campaign *Gamefaqs Mods = crappy* :/
#23Altair001Posted 7/14/2014 3:26:43 AM
BlackFeathers posted...
BlackFeathers posted...

Is their gaming budget bigger than Sonys or not? That's all I need you to answer...

It's hard to say, Sony funds a lot more games, but MS spends a lot more on advertising their games.
#24suzukimatsuiPosted 7/14/2014 3:28:25 AM
BlackFeathers posted...
do people actually think the xbox division has the entire company's net worth as a budget?

No but I was under the assumption that it could be increased if they wanted the Xbox to be more successful.

In regards to Sony their electronics division as a whole is a downer. Their television and phones in the division have not been successful however their Playstation brand has preformed well in their electronics division and as such their budget would be higher than normal. Also having Kaz Hirai who ran SCE now being the head of Sony itself is a bonus for the Playstation brand.

As for Microsoft throwing money doesn't really equate to being successful as many would know. All you have to do is look at their Windows Phone and Tablet Divisions. After losing a crap load of money from each look at what happened to Steve Ballmer. Even though he resigned many have speculated that it was not willingly due to his failures when he went all in with the windows phone and the surface.

So in a sense depending on what they define as being successful and what is deemed as a failure both divisions may or may not get budget increases.
#25Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 7/14/2014 3:28:56 AM
BlackFeathers posted...
BlackFeathers posted...

i wouldn't know. Believe it or not but I don't get either Sony's PS or MS Xbox's financial reports...
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#26KolanifvPosted 7/14/2014 3:43:47 AM
Here's what you're not quite grasping: Sony EMPLOYS more game developers than Microsoft does. They actually OWN more studios than Microsoft. Therefore, JUST BASED ON THAT, Sony will see more exclusives than Microsoft. One of my major faults with Microsoft is that they've been divesting themselves of their studios and caring more about paying for timed exclusive DLC for Cawadooty than they care about their own IPs and franchises.

Paying for exclusivity is a very dangerous practice, both in terms of public image and financial risk. When you contract exclusivity for a third party game like Titanfall, you have to agree to pay the developer if sales don't meet a certain threshold - as MS had to do with Titanfall, it fell short of Microsoft's sales projections on XOne - since they're voluntarily giving up the option to publish on other consoles for payment.
#27MrSpaM111Posted 7/14/2014 3:52:00 AM
Considering developers want their exclusive titles on the best selling system to increase profits, I can confirm your original post is complete BS.
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#28BlackFeathers(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2014 4:06:32 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
Considering developers want their exclusive titles on the best selling system to increase profits, I can confirm your original post is complete BS.

I know. Sony >>> Microsoft in the exclusives department!
---
Please come with me to Rainbow Land where Unicorns are made of Fudge and Cotton Candy and everything is FREE!!! - The Campaign *Gamefaqs Mods = crappy* :/
#29ScRuiPosted 7/14/2014 4:08:15 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...

That all depends on if that consumer base actually buys games for that system...

If consumers on average buy 2 games a year for PS4 compared to Xbox ONE's consumers on average buys 5 games a year... Which would make the developer more money?

That is also not including the boat loads of money MS spends on exclusivity rights on DLC, early releases and whole IPs...

Just my 2 cents...

It all depends on the gamers for each console, if you want more games and new IPs you have to buy new games and IPs... That is why the used game market is really a detriment to the industry...
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
#30InjusticeRebornPosted 7/14/2014 4:16:28 AM
BlackFeathers posted...
Microsoft has the money to more than Sony , so it all boils down to how much does Microsoft care about it's Xbox fans. If they want to they can blow Sony out of the water. MIcrosoft likes to be #1.

Just my 2cents...

What do you guys think?

XD

Fudge me I'm dizzy.
---
A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. What about my PlayStation?