XBONE has a higher chance to get more and better exclusives than PS4.

#41RybalPosted 7/14/2014 8:16:52 AM
Well, like this generation, Microsoft started off the 360 gen with a lot of different, varied exclusives, but eventually whittled it down to their primary franchises and Kinect. Sony started slower, but ended with more.

At this point, third-party exclusives that haven't already been in the works are unlikely for either platform, but especially for Xbox One. An exception will be games that appeal to Japanese gamers, which will likely be exclusive to PS4.

In both cases, the central reason is console sales. If the X1 was outselling the PS4, you might see third-party exclusives on a regular basis. My understanding of the third-party exclusives thus far on the X1 has been because there was a reasonable assumption when MS first started talking to the studios that sales would either be closer or that the roles would be the reverse of where they are currently.

In order to get more third-party exclusives, MS will have to pay a lot more because of the sales difference between the platforms.
---
I HATE seeing incorrect information, regardless of whether it is my preferred system.
PSN: Rybal_81
#42BlackFeathers(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2014 8:21:33 AM
FPS_hitman posted...
BlackFeathers posted...
MIcrosoft likes to be #1.

Just my 2cents...

What do you guys think?

I think you may be trolling. MS likes to be #1?

They have came in last every gen so far......

Hey I said they LIKE to be #1. I didn't say that they were lol.
---
Please come with me to Rainbow Land where Unicorns are made of Fudge and Cotton Candy and everything is FREE!!! - The Campaign *Gamefaqs Mods = crappy* :/
#43KolanifvPosted 7/14/2014 9:45:27 AM
KAMMYqueen posted...
Well considering Sony seem more concern with indies and ports I think MS will be find!

I really wonder about this mentality. One of the biggest games on the 360 last gen was an indie game, but all of a sudden indie games are crap? Not to mention two of the the top ten XOne game at the moment are ports, one of a PC game and the other a collection of original XBox and 360 games.
#44SigarmzPosted 7/14/2014 9:55:06 AM
BlackFeathers posted...
Microsoft has the money to more than Sony , so it all boils down to how much does Microsoft care about it's Xbox fans. If they want to they can blow Sony out of the water. MIcrosoft likes to be #1.

Just my 2cents...

What do you guys think?

If it was that easy, why haven't they done so?
#45KolanifvPosted 7/14/2014 9:56:09 AM
Rybal posted...
In both cases, the central reason is console sales. If the X1 was outselling the PS4, you might see third-party exclusives on a regular basis. My understanding of the third-party exclusives thus far on the X1 has been because there was a reasonable assumption when MS first started talking to the studios that sales would either be closer or that the roles would be the reverse of where they are currently.

Correct. Microsoft came into this gen having already crowned themselves. They assumed that because of the 360 dominance last gen that they were going to dominate this gen in the same way, and selected third party publishers assumed the same. Heck, the US media still thinks that Microsoft is the top seller this gen. They were taken aback by the negative reaction to the initial batch of XOne policies, which were set up to be more favorable to large publishers than smaller publishers and the consumer. They made the exact same mistakes that Sony made last gen coming out of PS2 dominance: high starting price point and using the unit to push new tech at the expense of the pricetag. The difference is that BluRay went over, Kinect? Not so much so. They were also harmed by the revelations about spying and the NSA from Edward Snowden that were hovering around the announcement window.
#46squidney2k1Posted 7/14/2014 9:59:09 AM
Microsoft is winning the battle of exclusives, easily.

Unfortunately, they're losing in every other aspect.
---
Best games of last gen: Mass Effect series & Bioshock series \m/ (O_o) \m/
>o_o\> AMENO >o_o\>
#47gjc2007Posted 7/14/2014 10:01:45 AM
BlackFeathers posted...
What do you guys think?

I think the word "budget" exists in your world.
---
Microsoft: "Gamers are thieves that must be monitored".
Sony: "Gamers are customers we care about."
#48EnclavePosted 7/14/2014 10:06:48 AM
As has been pointed out. Sony has more dev studios than Microsoft. Odds are pretty high Sony will have more AAA exclusives. Microsoft would need to create a number of new dev studios to match Sony in this regard. Now, they're capable of doing this, however there's generally a big difference between a seasoned dev studio and a green dev studio. If Microsoft does indeed open enough studios to compete with Sony on number of exclusives over time then it'll be a few years and a few round of game releases until they could realistically compete on the same level.

That said, there are other ways to compete. Microsoft doesn't necessarily require opening more dev studios, they don't necessarily need as many or more exclusives than the PS4 to compete.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#49BlackFeathers(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2014 10:10:17 AM
Sigarmz posted...
BlackFeathers posted...
Microsoft has the money to more than Sony , so it all boils down to how much does Microsoft care about it's Xbox fans. If they want to they can blow Sony out of the water. MIcrosoft likes to be #1.

Just my 2cents...

What do you guys think?

If it was that easy, why haven't they done so?

Because most Xbox fans only care about Forza, Halo, And early Call of Duty map packs. Why waste money on getting more exclusives when most of your fan base only cares about racing games and DudeBro Shooters? :/
---
Please come with me to Rainbow Land where Unicorns are made of Fudge and Cotton Candy and everything is FREE!!! - The Campaign *Gamefaqs Mods = crappy* :/
#50GuiltySoul2005Posted 7/14/2014 10:10:58 AM
squidney2k1 posted...
Microsoft is winning the battle of exclusives, easily.

Unfortunately, they're losing in every other aspect.

Except they're not. They are losing in all aspects. Throwing more money into this failure is not going to fix the problem.
---
PSN: Bigboss-x