XBONE has a higher chance to get more and better exclusives than PS4.

#51Laylow12Posted 7/14/2014 9:13:55 AM
Microsoft all but abandoned making exclusives for the XBOX 360 for the second half of the console life.

http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/850/3994/original.jpg

Plus the ruination of Rare is borderline criminal.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#52InjusticeRebornPosted 7/14/2014 9:15:44 AM
BlackFeathers posted...

Because most Xbox fans only care about Forza, Halo, And early Call of Duty map packs. Why waste money on getting more exclusives when most of your fan base only cares about racing games and DudeBro Shooters? :/

If it wasn't obvious from the opening post...
---
A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. What about my PlayStation?
#53SikkaSillPosted 7/14/2014 9:25:28 AM
Laylow12 posted...
Microsoft all but abandoned making exclusives for the XBOX 360 for the second half of the console life.

Microsoft didn't ruin RARE... the team split up and wasn't the same when they bought them, and they didn't force them to make stuff no one wants -__- idk what goes through peoples minds these days. Plus the kinect isn't a thing anymore so I'm sure we will see a new fresh start this gen from RARE... (hopefully?)
---
RIP DP, gonna miss you bro! "Bwahhhhh" - Me
http://dragonsdogma.tumblr.com/post/20794618336
#54Pixx0Posted 7/14/2014 9:27:27 AM
BlackFeathers posted...
Microsoft has the money to more than Sony , so it all boils down to how much does Microsoft care about it's Xbox fans. If they want to they can blow Sony out of the water. MIcrosoft likes to be #1.

Just my 2cents...

What do you guys think?

Yeah Yeah, same old argument like last gen and everyone knows how it ended: PS3 still gets games and exclusives as we speak while 360 was left in the dust years ago.
Nice try though. 3/10
---
You are ignoring XXX message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#55_Doomguy_Posted 7/14/2014 9:31:48 AM
dnmt posted...
Looking back on the 360 and PS3 gen and the Xbone reveal last year I think it's pretty obvious who cares more about their fans.

If you are and Xbox fan then you would have known that they have games and exclusives coming. All that TV and sports tall was just to get people even more interested on the Xbox one. How can't people get this? IT'S SO OBVIOUS
---
Rip and tear! Rip and tear your guts! You are huge! That means you have huge guts! Rip and tear!
#56PannerPosted 7/14/2014 10:48:57 AM
SikkaSill posted...
Laylow12 posted...

Microsoft didn't ruin RARE... the team split up and wasn't the same when they bought them, and they didn't force them to make stuff no one wants -__- idk what goes through peoples minds these days. Plus the kinect isn't a thing anymore so I'm sure we will see a new fresh start this gen from RARE... (hopefully?)

Actually they did. Microsoft rejected plenty of games that RARE pitched to them, only for Microsoft to turn them down in favor of Kinect games and avatar items.

http://www.giantbomb.com/rare-ltd/3010-174/forums/former-rare-we-wanted-to-make-ki3-and-more-ms-reje-558025/

There [were] numerous projects that were put forward that I believe would have been huge hits, but MS rejected them one after the other. I remember seeing a couple of prototypes that Chris Seavor had designed and was working on, that looked amazing, but alas they got shelved. It seemed that MS didn’t want to take the risk in Rare doing anything outside the younger demographic, they quickly forgot the companies heritage. We started to lose a lot of great talent then, people were losing job satisfaction, so they just left.
---
My Youtube vids
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL5BZ91u4U3n8m9L_wykcsw/feed?activity_view=3
#57a687947Posted 7/14/2014 10:49:28 AM
Enclave posted...
As has been pointed out. Sony has more dev studios than Microsoft. Odds are pretty high Sony will have more AAA exclusives. Microsoft would need to create a number of new dev studios to match Sony in this regard. Now, they're capable of doing this, however there's generally a big difference between a seasoned dev studio and a green dev studio. If Microsoft does indeed open enough studios to compete with Sony on number of exclusives over time then it'll be a few years and a few round of game releases until they could realistically compete on the same level.

That said, there are other ways to compete. Microsoft doesn't necessarily require opening more dev studios, they don't necessarily need as many or more exclusives than the PS4 to compete.

As I said before, they both actually have the same number of first party studios, 17
#58Xeeh_BitzPosted 7/14/2014 11:40:40 AM
Xbox One has a lower chance of getting exclusives.

5 million Xbox One sold

9 million PS4 sold

Let's assume 5 million people own both the PS4 and Xbox One, that still leaves 4 million people who do not own the Xbox One at a minimum, that is 4 million less potential sales for developer.

Microsoft isn't going to spend a ton of cash on exclusives and wait 3 years for the game to be developed and at the rate PS4 is gaining, PS4 will have triple the sales. Which means, Developers are not wanting to be exclusive with the console that is losing in sales, or they will charge MS so much money that Microsoft will lose money and what's the point of even having the game division if they bleed money.

Other words, PS4 is almost double the amount of sales as the Xbox One. Developers would be afraid to have an exclusive game on the Xbox One, especially an unknown IP. Microsoft cannot afford to buy exclusives like they use to because it'll end up costing them way more money than they would even earn.

Microsoft needs to use some of that money and knock the price down on the X1 without Kinect, $400 is way too much for much weaker hardware.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#59KolanifvPosted 7/14/2014 4:46:23 PM
a687947 posted...
Enclave posted...
As has been pointed out. Sony has more dev studios than Microsoft. Odds are pretty high Sony will have more AAA exclusives. Microsoft would need to create a number of new dev studios to match Sony in this regard. Now, they're capable of doing this, however there's generally a big difference between a seasoned dev studio and a green dev studio. If Microsoft does indeed open enough studios to compete with Sony on number of exclusives over time then it'll be a few years and a few round of game releases until they could realistically compete on the same level.

That said, there are other ways to compete. Microsoft doesn't necessarily require opening more dev studios, they don't necessarily need as many or more exclusives than the PS4 to compete.

As I said before, they both actually have the same number of first party studios, 17

Five of Microsoft's studios have never released a game, four have only released Kinect games. Of the eight remaining, two of them are Rare and Lionhead. Southend - who is one of the 17 that you're counting - is closed and now absorbed by Ubi.

I'm assuming this is the list you're citing:

343 Industries – Halo series
Good Science Studio – Kinect Adventures, Kinect Fun Labs
Kids and Lifestyle Entertainment – Xbox Fitness
Leap Experience Pioneers – Unannounced Game - Original IP
Platform Next Studios – Unannounced Game - Original IP
Microsoft Studios – Mobile Gaming – ilomilo
Team Dakota – Project Spark
Turn 10 Studios – Forza Motorsport series
Twisted Pixel Games – The Gunstringer, LocoCycle, 'Splosion Man series
Xbox Live Productions – South Park Let's Go Tower Defense Play!, South Park: Tenorman's Revenge, Avatar Kinect

Europe

Lionhead Studios – Fable series, Black & White series, Unannounced MMO-like New IP
Lift London – Multiple AAA Cloud Based gaming projects (4+)
Press Play – Max: The Curse of Brotherhood,Totem
Rare Ltd. – Banjo-Kazooie series, Viva Piρata, Kameo: Elements of Power, Grabbed by the Ghoulies, Kinect Sports
Soho Productions – Kinect Sesame Street TV, Upload Studios

Canada

BigPark – Joy Ride series, Kinect Sports: Season Two, Multiple applications for Xbox One
Black Tusk Studios – Gears of War series
#60youngskillzPosted 7/14/2014 9:20:11 PM
somehow i doubt it, but i would hope they would still make decent exclusives after the first few years.

need more adult/horror themed games too.
---
Metal Bands -- Sions Funeral, Eye of the Enemy, Arch Enemy, Sepsis, Deals Death, Mechanical God Creation, Cantabile Wind, Fractal Gates, Destinity, Isolated