XBONE has a higher chance to get more and better exclusives than PS4.

#61a687947Posted 7/14/2014 11:47:57 PM
Kolanifv posted...
a687947 posted...
Enclave posted...
As has been pointed out. Sony has more dev studios than Microsoft. Odds are pretty high Sony will have more AAA exclusives. Microsoft would need to create a number of new dev studios to match Sony in this regard. Now, they're capable of doing this, however there's generally a big difference between a seasoned dev studio and a green dev studio. If Microsoft does indeed open enough studios to compete with Sony on number of exclusives over time then it'll be a few years and a few round of game releases until they could realistically compete on the same level.

That said, there are other ways to compete. Microsoft doesn't necessarily require opening more dev studios, they don't necessarily need as many or more exclusives than the PS4 to compete.

As I said before, they both actually have the same number of first party studios, 17

Five of Microsoft's studios have never released a game, four have only released Kinect games. Of the eight remaining, two of them are Rare and Lionhead. Southend - who is one of the 17 that you're counting - is closed and now absorbed by Ubi.

I'm assuming this is the list you're citing:

343 Industries – Halo series
Good Science Studio – Kinect Adventures, Kinect Fun Labs
Kids and Lifestyle Entertainment – Xbox Fitness
Leap Experience Pioneers – Unannounced Game - Original IP
Platform Next Studios – Unannounced Game - Original IP
Microsoft Studios – Mobile Gaming – ilomilo
Team Dakota – Project Spark
Turn 10 Studios – Forza Motorsport series
Twisted Pixel Games – The Gunstringer, LocoCycle, 'Splosion Man series
Xbox Live Productions – South Park Let's Go Tower Defense Play!, South Park: Tenorman's Revenge, Avatar Kinect

Europe

Lionhead Studios – Fable series, Black & White series, Unannounced MMO-like New IP
Lift London – Multiple AAA Cloud Based gaming projects (4+)
Press Play – Max: The Curse of Brotherhood,Totem
Rare Ltd. – Banjo-Kazooie series, Viva Piρata, Kameo: Elements of Power, Grabbed by the Ghoulies, Kinect Sports
Soho Productions – Kinect Sesame Street TV, Upload Studios

Canada

BigPark – Joy Ride series, Kinect Sports: Season Two, Multiple applications for Xbox One
Black Tusk Studios – Gears of War series

same with a few of Sony's studios. One is only there to help out with other projects and one is more or less a research studio. If the MS studios make Kinect games then they're still exclusives and could develop normal games as well. The other studios that haven't released any games are brand new and are working on exclusives, like Black Tusk. Southend is not listed in those 17 studios, so no it isn't one of them.
#62Shik_stickPosted 7/14/2014 11:55:54 PM
_Doomguy_ posted...
dnmt posted...
Looking back on the 360 and PS3 gen and the Xbone reveal last year I think it's pretty obvious who cares more about their fans.

If you are and Xbox fan then you would have known that they have games and exclusives coming. All that TV and sports tall was just to get people even more interested on the Xbox one. How can't people get this? IT'S SO OBVIOUS

Yeah, they have exclusives coming...but PS4 has more exclusives coming and more already available. Look at the facts here people.
---
Teach me about bozongas!-Jude Mathis
Best game of 2013 , The Last of Us. Sony is on point!
#63KhelThuzadPosted 7/15/2014 3:54:24 AM
How can microsoft 'likes to be #1' when MS has NEVER been number 1 regarding console sales?

PS2 literally ripped xbox a new one with records sales.
PS3 sold more than xbox360 (which had a head start of 1 year).
PS4 is currently outselling XboxOne.
---
Trolling? Better get the facts right or get owned.
#64squonPosted 7/15/2014 6:30:31 AM
People dont trust MS, I know I dont.

theyre all talk and they can say all they want how theyre going to put out exclusives, lets see it first. After the 360 disaster and how they abandoned it in the 2nd half, how is anyone surprised people arent buying into MS BS this time around?

Plus factor in the RROD nightmare and how 50% of the 360 sales came from replacements, the future doesnt look bright for the XB1.
#65KolanifvPosted 7/15/2014 10:26:13 AM
a687947 posted...

That is Southend Studios.
#66KolanifvPosted 7/15/2014 10:28:44 AM
Also, Sony only has three first party studios that have never released a game:

SCE Japan Studio – Ape Escape, LocoRoco, Patapon, Knack
Team Ico – Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, The Last Guardian
Project Siren – Siren series, Gravity Rush
Polyphony Digital – Gran Turismo series, Tourist Trophy

Naughty Dog – Crash Bandicoot series, Jak and Daxter series, Uncharted series, The Last of Us
ICE Team
SCE Santa Monica Studio – Kinetica, God of War series, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Entwined
SCE San Diego Studio – MLB: The Show, ModNation Racers
SCE Bend Studio – Syphon Filter, Resistance: Retribution, Uncharted: Golden Abyss
SCE Foster City Studio - supported studio for SCE Worldwide Studios
Sucker Punch Productions – Sly Cooper series, Infamous series
Pixel Opus - Entwined

SCE London Studio – SingStar, EyeToy, PlayStation Home
Evolution Studios – World Rally Championship, MotorStorm series, Driveclub
Guerrilla Games – Killzone series
Guerrilla Cambridge – MediEvil, Killzone: Mercenary
Media Molecule – LittleBigPlanet series, Tearaway
XDev - External Dev Studio

List also doesn't include any first party SOE studios.
#67a687947Posted 7/15/2014 10:53:06 AM
Kolanifv posted...
a687947 posted...

That is Southend Studios.

No, that's a game that was co-developed by Southend and the mobile division of Microsoft game studios. Southend was never owned by Microsoft, even earlier that same year ilomilo came out they released a psn game.
#68Xeeh_BitzPosted 7/15/2014 10:56:16 AM
KhelThuzad posted...
How can microsoft 'likes to be #1' when MS has NEVER been number 1 regarding console sales?

PS2 literally ripped xbox a new one with records sales.
PS3 sold more than xbox360 (which had a head start of 1 year).
PS4 is currently outselling XboxOne.

---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#69a687947Posted 7/15/2014 10:59:48 AM
Kolanifv posted...
Also, Sony only has three first party studios that have never released a game:

SCE Japan Studio – Ape Escape, LocoRoco, Patapon, Knack
Team Ico – Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, The Last Guardian
Project Siren – Siren series, Gravity Rush
Polyphony Digital – Gran Turismo series, Tourist Trophy

Naughty Dog – Crash Bandicoot series, Jak and Daxter series, Uncharted series, The Last of Us
ICE Team
SCE Santa Monica Studio – Kinetica, God of War series, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Entwined
SCE San Diego Studio – MLB: The Show, ModNation Racers
SCE Bend Studio – Syphon Filter, Resistance: Retribution, Uncharted: Golden Abyss
SCE Foster City Studio - supported studio for SCE Worldwide Studios
Sucker Punch Productions – Sly Cooper series, Infamous series
Pixel Opus - Entwined

SCE London Studio – SingStar, EyeToy, PlayStation Home
Evolution Studios – World Rally Championship, MotorStorm series, Driveclub
Guerrilla Games – Killzone series
Guerrilla Cambridge – MediEvil, Killzone: Mercenary
Media Molecule – LittleBigPlanet series, Tearaway
XDev - External Dev Studio

List also doesn't include any first party SOE studios.

You can try and spin this any way you want, Sony and Microsoft have the same number of studios, the Microsoft owned ones that haven't released games are working on new IP, two of Sony's don't make games period. Even if the mobile division of MGS doesn't make Xbox one games, that leaves 16 that are making Xbox games. Sony has 15 that actually develop games, one that is research, and one that helps other studios. With SOE added in, which is one huge studio, that brings the total to 16; so once again the same number as Microsoft
#70ht02135Posted 7/15/2014 11:05:46 AM
BlackFeathers posted...
Panner posted...
I think Sony will have their dev studios make more exclusives than Microsoft can buy. Having more money doesnt mean more exclusives.

More money = hire more workers = more games

Like I said, if Microsoft REALLY cares, they WILL get more exclusives out.

lol, then

SHOW ME the Xbone exclusives! SHOW ME the EXCLUSIVES!
HELP ME! HELP YOU!
HELP ME! HELP YOU!!!
HELP ME!!! HELP YOU!!!