Did you ever think the original Killzone was better than Halo or Halo 2?

#1BaconPancakesPosted 7/14/2014 3:35:48 AM
Discuss.

In my opinion.

Killzone >>> Halo.
Killzone > Halo 2.
Halo 2 >> Halo.

I played them all at launch, owned both systems. Halo was revolutionary in terms that shooters finally played okay on consoles...though Halo 2 had great M.P. Killzone had a great single player, had offline M.P. and had great online. No haters, please.
---
P.S.N. - Matface.
Go forth; touch the Demon inside of me.
#2FinzFan4lifePosted 7/14/2014 3:40:47 AM
Hell no killzone sucks always has
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#3x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 7/14/2014 3:42:48 AM(edited)
No, not even close. Killzone had fun moments (2/3) but I didn't dig the original. Shadow Fall is one of my least favorite games ever made.

Killzone wishes it was a Halo killer. The online mode on every Killzone was mediocre at best.
#4BaconPancakes(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2014 3:43:58 AM
Please go into depth, eventually I will go into depth.
---
P.S.N. - Matface.
Go forth; touch the Demon inside of me.
#5x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 7/14/2014 3:46:47 AM(edited)
BaconPancakes posted...
Please go into depth, eventually I will go into depth.

What depth are you looking for? The gameplay is clunky and unimaginative. Online was slow and a real bore to play. The story wasn't great other than a few decent action scenes. The series got progressively worse each time with Shadow Fall being one of the worst games ever made.
#6gamefaqwatcherPosted 7/14/2014 3:48:36 AM
Killzone 1 had splitscreen bot mode. That was fun. The following two were disappointing. Halo has coop splitscreen. Haven't actually played any after the first game. If the later Halo's had a bot mode with splitscreen as well as coop campaign then that would be a win.
---
You're the hero Gamefaqs deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
#7InjusticeRebornPosted 7/14/2014 5:14:38 AM
I actually did. Well, no, I still think it's better...

I preferred it's story. It's characters. It's enemies. Overall I found it a joy to play compared to Halo, to which I could never understand what the fuss was all about.

Only things I liked about Halo: Combat Evolved was the co-op play, and last mission - partly because it was the end of a chore, mostly because it was quite exciting.
---
A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. What about my PlayStation?
#8tubb311Posted 7/14/2014 5:20:18 AM
Killzone is a pile of hot garbage
---
GT: DonShetland
#9Jedi454Posted 7/14/2014 5:22:40 AM
I paid 5 bucks for Killzone 2, it kills me trying to use the dualshock 3 for a game like that, why couldn't crouch be the circle button? Also, Killzone Shadow Fall was pretty boring when I played it on a friend's PS4.
#10AceAndJunpeiPosted 7/14/2014 5:33:17 AM
Nope.

I'm not sure anyone other than you thought that.
---
You're like a puzzle that can't be solved, some pieces never fill the gaps