Xbox one netflix doesn't stream like xbox 360 does.. *please read*

#11CapwnDPosted 7/14/2014 8:35:07 PM(edited)
Does Xbox One do 5.1 with Netflix? I don't image it does. All of the media functionality was so much better with the PS3 and 360.

And even with a media PC, it's hard to do everything. You need Windows 8 for 5.1 with PC, you can't do amazon 5.1 at all with a PC. So stupid.
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!
#12liquid0079Posted 7/15/2014 3:43:26 AM
CapwnD posted...
Does Xbox One do 5.1 with Netflix? I don't image it does.

No. It doesn't handle the 5.1 signal correctly. The rear channels get mixed together. Same thing with the Xbox Video app. Games and Blu-ray work fine though.
#13TenzhiPosted 7/15/2014 4:37:58 AM
Geist posted...
I actually find the quality of Netflix to be much better on the X1. It's faster, clearer, and I've never had any issues.

Ditto. Though I hate to brag on it and invite future misfortune.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#14BryanPS360Posted 7/15/2014 4:42:52 AM
I can't tell you what the problem is.

Netflix on my XB1 doesn't have that issue.
---
XBGT:RedHawkDirewolf PSN and NNID: RedHawk_Direwolf
#15StarmanAnthony(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 4:53:32 AM
Thanks. I don't know what the problem is either... All I know is I tried watching Sherlock on xbox one... And it took so long to finally get to HD... But would go in and out... A few times... But mostly stay a couple steps down from HD or one step below.

Tried the 360 and it buffered to HD within 15 secs. And stayed.

I guess it must be the netflix app not really working with the xbox one. Maybe a small update will fix it... Or maybe the xbox one has a slightly weaker wireless internet detection. Can anyone confirm this?
---
Instagram: tonylainez2
#16yiangaruuugaPosted 7/15/2014 8:19:54 AM
StarmanAnthony posted...
Thanks. I don't know what the problem is either... All I know is I tried watching Sherlock on xbox one... And it took so long to finally get to HD... But would go in and out... A few times... But mostly stay a couple steps down from HD or one step below.

Tried the 360 and it buffered to HD within 15 secs. And stayed.

I guess it must be the netflix app not really working with the xbox one. Maybe a small update will fix it... Or maybe the xbox one has a slightly weaker wireless internet detection. Can anyone confirm this?

Run an internet test on your Xbox One and post the results here.
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix | PSN: xFrostxPhoenix
GSU Comp Sci C/O 2015 | XB1;360;PS4;N64;SNES
#17MRL3G3NDPosted 7/15/2014 8:28:34 AM
Please disregard the shills put here to make you think the XB1 is perfect...if we don't report problems they will never get fixed... I know they think they are helping but they are really hurting...or they really don't care they are just here to collect a check.

My 360 is wireless and Netflix runs better than my xb1

My xb1 is hardwired, and the Netflix is slower, and the quality will sometimes fade in and out.

It's noticeable but it isn't something that's a major problem

The major problem is that neither stream at 1080p

there should be outrage at that
---
Watch_Dogs-Dog Day (X1)
http://youtu.be/q08oNNp74uQ
#18tubb311Posted 7/15/2014 9:57:49 AM
i have no problem streaming HD on netflix on either console. I have my X1 hard wired and my 360 on wifi and they are both perfect.
---
GT: DonShetland
#19ExempliGratiaPosted 7/15/2014 10:09:03 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
Please disregard the shills put here to make you think the XB1 is perfect...if we don't report problems they will never get fixed... I know they think they are helping but they are really hurting...or they really don't care they are just here to collect a check.

My 360 is wireless and Netflix runs better than my xb1

My xb1 is hardwired, and the Netflix is slower, and the quality will sometimes fade in and out.

It's noticeable but it isn't something that's a major problem

The major problem is that neither stream at 1080p

there should be outrage at that

I've highlighted the important part of this post.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#20boolzeroPosted 7/15/2014 10:13:15 AM
I have no issue streaming at all either, like most here. If there is any complaint I have with the Xbox One Netflix, it is that some films just don't work well with 5.1 (seems to place films in forward channels, though I swear some films work fine while others don't, but I could be wrong as I switch between where I watch so often, I could be misremembering) and that the interface is not very helpful for discovery. I prefer my Apple TV and the Xbox 360's interface over it as it is also in dire need of a New releases and Recently Added section.... I've seen it pop up once during an update and then quickly disappear completely because I watch so many things it just keeps making suggested "here's these because you watched this" categories.

I honestly think it's a issue with your router more than it is an issue with the Xbox One. How old is/when did you last purchase it and how old a model is it in years compared to the current models on the market?
Also, what internet provider do you use? Have they made updates to their infrastructure that may require that you update your hardware such as your modem?
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...