Video discussing how it's never going to be possible to have a lot of 1080P game

#41phoenix9291Posted 7/14/2014 2:24:44 PM
Cowboy0660 posted...
@phoenix9291

And neither point contradicts the other. Both stand just fine.

Except that people do not say that they have to choose one or the other. People say that they prefer better gameplay to increased graphics. Not everyone updates just for a graphics boost. The same version of a game can have additional features on the new gen compared to the previous gen and people want that. So your argument still does not make sense.
---
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup
#42RuinerEraserPosted 7/14/2014 2:26:08 PM
phoenix9291 posted...
Cowboy0660 posted...
@phoenix9291

And neither point contradicts the other. Both stand just fine.

Except that people do not say that they have to choose one or the other. People say that they prefer better gameplay to increased graphics. Not everyone updates just for a graphics boost. The same version of a game can have additional features on the new gen compared to the previous gen and people want that. So your argument still does not make sense.

He has stopped making sense a while ago, he just won't give it up.
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)
#43Cowboy0660Posted 7/14/2014 2:55:05 PM
Christ people my point is what gameplay improvements has x1 made OVER the competition?

Please, list me a few GAMEPLAY features not on 360 that drew you into x1. If it wasn't graphics you must really love kinect....
#44RuinerEraserPosted 7/14/2014 2:57:24 PM
Cowboy0660 posted...
Christ people my point is what gameplay improvements has x1 made OVER the competition?

Please, list me a few GAMEPLAY features not on 360 that drew you into x1. If it wasn't graphics you must really love kinect....

That's actually a question, not a point.
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)
#45N3xtG3nGam3rPosted 7/14/2014 2:59:45 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
So with some recent testing it's concluded that the hardware this generation will not be able to run 1080P 60 FPS on most titles unless the graphics are completely toned down. Of course we mostly knew this, wish they would have focused on a bit more hardware this generation because this is going to get bad when tablet games > console games

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYG-7T2LVDc&feature=youtu.be&a

There will be a point where both consoles will be hitting 1080p on titles, probably in a year or so.

Once DX12 is available for PC gamers (and it actually does what it's supposed to) there will be a large jump in performance for PC titles, and soon after that, the X1 AND PS4 BOTH, will not be able to sustain 1080p unless like you said, actual graphical features are toned down.

While I understand people *****ing about resolution currently, it will be very interesting to see what those same fools say when neither console can output that res.
---
ASUS p8h61-M (Rev 3.0) | Intel CORE i3 2100 | 8GB Dual-Channel DDr3 | 500GB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia GTX 770 4GB GDDr5
#46Cowboy0660Posted 7/14/2014 3:27:00 PM
RuinerEraser posted...
Cowboy0660 posted...

That's actually a question, not a point.

Lmao! Good point. :)
#47phoenix9291Posted 7/14/2014 3:27:07 PM
Cowboy0660 posted...

Most of the changes won't be noticed until this fall but the NHL games tend to run better on newer gen consoles than the older gen and sometimes have more features as well. That's something I experienced during this period between gens last time and seeing as the NHL games are pretty big for me that is pretty important.
You can also notice in the GTA trailer that the new gens will have an increased NPC population which helps with an immersion factor. For all we know there could have been additional gameplay enhancements.

Those are just two upcoming game examples. Then you also get people who want newer games which are exclusively on next gen. Some people also want games on a single platform and so make the jump to a new generation and buy games exclusively on the new gen unless unavailable.

Graphics are only one part of what leads people to make the leap into next gen. The gains over the previous gen in all aspects of a game are relatively minor in the beginning of a generation as well which is something early adopters are typically aware of but they invest in the console to show support and because they know that after the first year or two that there will likely be some nice improvements made to the newer gen games.
---
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup
#48sn3akywafflesPosted 7/14/2014 3:28:20 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
HurtHealAccount posted...
explain wolfenstein

Wolfeinstein has dated graphics.

what about battlefield hardline?
---
High speed, low drag
San Antonio Spurs - St. Louis Cardinals - Creighton Blue Jays
#49Xeeh_Bitz(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2014 3:43:34 PM
sn3akywaffles posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
HurtHealAccount posted...
explain wolfenstein

Wolfeinstein has dated graphics.

what about battlefield hardline?

Dunno, didn't get around to playing the PC version.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant