Report: More Trouble At Homefront: The Revolution Developer Crytek UK

#1Dev445Posted 7/14/2014 10:19:49 AM
The unfortunate development drama surrounding Crytek UK's Homefront: The Revolution continues. A report states that director Hasit Zala has left the studio.

Kotaku says that multiple sources say that Zala has resigned from the developer. Zala was also the franchise director for Warface.

Previous reports say that over 100 employees at Crytek UK have left or are not reporting to work after not receiving some or all of their paychecks.

We've reached out to publisher Deep Silver, and will update this story if we hear anything.

[Source: Kotaku]

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/07/14/report-more-trouble-at-homefront-revolution-developer-crytek-uk.aspx
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
GT: ThatBoyNice247
#2_Doomguy_Posted 7/14/2014 10:25:22 AM
Waiting for
"Wow MS really killed Crytek"
---
Rip and tear! Rip and tear your guts! You are huge! That means you have huge guts! Rip and tear!
#3Laylow12Posted 7/14/2014 10:31:17 AM
Dang, I guess this means we will never have Ryse 2 now. I wish they would have released the game on the PS4. With double the consoles sold, it might have saved them.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#4dnmtPosted 7/14/2014 10:34:37 AM(edited)
_Doomguy_ posted...
Waiting for
"Wow MS really killed Crytek"

Crytek killed themselves by developing an inferior game engine and releasing mediocre-at-best games for years. Crysis is the only legitimately good game they've ever made.
#5zerooo0Posted 7/14/2014 10:36:26 AM
Laylow12 posted...
Dang, I guess this means we will never have Ryse 2 now. I wish they would have released the game on the PS4. With double the consoles sold, it might have saved them.

No it wouldn't.

Crytek is literally an example of history repeating itself. They are going to go the way of THQ soon. Crytek needs more smaller indie games to make a profit or they desperately need to nail a AAA franchise.

According to the reception that Ryse was getting it never would've been the AAA that Crytek so desperately needs.

Again though I don't expect trolls to have common sense.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#6EoinPosted 7/14/2014 10:39:26 AM
Laylow12 posted...
Dang, I guess this means we will never have Ryse 2 now.

Ryse 2 was already cancelled, according to the previous round of Crytek rumours.

Laylow12 posted...
I wish they would have released the game on the PS4. With double the consoles sold, it might have saved them.

Without the exclusive promotion, Ryse would have been a game with mediocre reviews that got lost in the pile of launch titles. If it were on PS4 as well, the only difference would have been that it got lost in the pile of launch titles on two consoles instead of one. Being exclusive and getting the headline promotion that it got probably maximised the sales of Ryse.
#7Rizzman111Posted 7/14/2014 10:41:14 AM
I'm predicting that Homefront The Revolution will be cancelled
---
Would You Kindly?. The Police and The Killers are the best bands ever.
#8aj4x94Posted 7/14/2014 11:56:02 AM
Good. The first Homefront sucked, and so does Crytek as a whole. All graphics, and boring as hell gameplay for literally all of their games.
---
Playing: Half Life 2, Dark Souls 2, Vampire The Masquerade, System Shock 2, Borderlands 2, Mass Effect 2
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
#9james259Posted 7/14/2014 12:08:37 PM
aj4x94 posted...
Good. The first Homefront sucked, and so does Crytek as a whole. All graphics, and boring as hell gameplay for literally all of their games.

Why is it a good thing? Just because you wouldn't like it? Games are good for gamers and I guarantee someone would have liked it.

Never understood that mentality.
---
Prepare to be emancipated from your own inferior genes!- Abradolf Lincler
3DS FC: 0989-1746-5488
#10snakes_codecPosted 7/14/2014 12:18:03 PM
zerooo0 posted...
Laylow12 posted...

No it wouldn't.

Crytek is literally an example of history repeating itself. They are going to go the way of THQ soon. Crytek needs more smaller indie games to make a profit or they desperately need to nail a AAA franchise.

According to the reception that Ryse was getting it never would've been the AAA that Crytek so desperately needs.

Again though I don't expect trolls to have common sense.

This if your studio doesn't have a COD Mass Effect Fifa Assassin's Creed or GTA . On its list of owned IP's its only a matter of time before your doors close for good . Crytek has long hoped the Crysis franchise would be bigger than it is .