Kinect 2.0 continues to surprise me.

#1SigmaLongshotPosted 7/14/2014 10:35:49 AM
Using Xbox Fitness today to try to strengthen my not-long-ago fractured spine, I noticed a few cool statistical displays. I thought "fair enough, they're estimations", because a camera can't conceivably give that exact a reading on things like body heat, calorie expenditure and heart rate.

So I conducted a little experiment with my wrist-monitor on. I did one of the ten-minute low-impact cardio deals, then did the Kinect's "tell me my heart-rate" thing. It gave me a reading of 148 BPM.

And then I checked on my wrist - give or take 1 BPM (fluctuating) either way, it was spot on!

I know it's cruelly underutilised, but Kinect really continues to surprise me in ways I'd never expect.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#2SupaflyGibsonPosted 7/14/2014 10:37:51 AM
Very cool. Sadly I only use it for voice commands. Still waiting for that great kinect game to come out.
---
gt: For Spartaa
#3SculptorOvFleshPosted 7/14/2014 10:38:00 AM
Kinect is an amazing piece of kit. The voice commands are just the tip of what this thing is capable of. Sadly, society is a lazy beast, and we will likely see less kinect features because "$wah wah $499 to much imma buy ps4."
#4BlackFeathersPosted 7/14/2014 10:38:17 AM
SigmaLongshot posted...
Using Xbox Fitness today to try to strengthen my not-long-ago fractured spine, I noticed a few cool statistical displays. I thought "fair enough, they're estimations", because a camera can't conceivably give that exact a reading on things like body heat, calorie expenditure and heart rate.

So I conducted a little experiment with my wrist-monitor on. I did one of the ten-minute low-impact cardio deals, then did the Kinect's "tell me my heart-rate" thing. It gave me a reading of 148 BPM.

And then I checked on my wrist - give or take 1 BPM (fluctuating) either way, it was spot on!

I know it's cruelly underutilised, but Kinect really continues to surprise me in ways I'd never expect.

A.R.T
Another Reassurance Topic... :/
---
Please come with me to Rainbow Land where Unicorns are made of Fudge and Cotton Candy and everything is FREE!!! - The Campaign *Gamefaqs Mods = crappy* :/
#5SigmaLongshot(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2014 10:38:44 AM
SupaflyGibson posted...
Very cool. Sadly I only use it for voice commands. Still waiting for that great kinect game to come out.

Agreed brother. That's the thing - I keep seeing incredible things like what it did for me, today, and then I stop and think, "wait, WHY is this thing on the backburner?!"
---
#6DarthUchiha91Posted 7/14/2014 10:39:35 AM
BlackFeathers posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...

A.R.T

-_-
---
I'm the Barack Obama of fat people
Yes we can...Eat!!
#7cheezedadadaPosted 7/14/2014 10:40:23 AM
LOL Sigma posts something he enjoyed about his Kinect and he is told its reassurance haha. What is wrong with this place!?
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4, etc.
#8PorungaPosted 7/14/2014 10:41:12 AM
The kinect 2.0 has some very interesting abilities and functions.. however, as a gaming device it is absolutely worthless. Its motion tracking for gaming, despite all of its new toys, is still horrendously inaccurate and laggy.
#9SigmaLongshot(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2014 10:42:25 AM
BlackFeathers posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...

A.R.T

People ARE allowed to be pleasantly surprised by things, mate.

My stance on life is, "everything is peachy until you convince me otherwise" but it seems the general train of thought with a lot of people on here is "everything is rubbish until you convince me otherwise." And let me tell you, my way comes with a LOT less cutting myself, I assure you.
---
#10BlackFeathersPosted 7/14/2014 10:44:24 AM
SigmaLongshot posted...
BlackFeathers posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...

A.R.T

People ARE allowed to be pleasantly surprised by things, mate.

My stance on life is, "everything is peachy until you convince me otherwise" but it seems the general train of thought with a lot of people on here is "everything is rubbish until you convince me otherwise." And let me tell you, my way comes with a LOT less cutting myself, I assure you.

I like that! :)
---
Please come with me to Rainbow Land where Unicorns are made of Fudge and Cotton Candy and everything is FREE!!! - The Campaign *Gamefaqs Mods = crappy* :/