Does anyone else mainly buy Digital Copys?

#21wrettcaughnPosted 7/14/2014 5:38:51 PM
I've had a few physical copies of games but have sold them off as I've finished them or re-bought as digital. Currently, the only physical game I have it Assassin's Creed 4 and that's only because Best Buy had it for $10 the weekend before last. Otherwise, the rest of my 15 games are digital.
---
GT: wrettcaughn
#22MicrosoftLoverPosted 7/14/2014 5:39:06 PM
I have been buying only digital copies of games since Sega Master.

The original Xbox One unveiled at E3 2013 was going to be awesome but it is SUPER awesome today also.

DRM all the way. Bring it on! TRUE GAMERS are ready!
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
#23Evil SquallPosted 7/14/2014 5:52:25 PM
Hell no, digital is awful. If I can buy it on a disc Ill buy it on a disc, even if they cost is more. Hell the GWG's Ill see they're free but STILL buy them on disc.
---
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 : Maya Lvl 50 - Gaige Lvl 61
It's not until you lose everything that you are free to do anything
#24phineasfoolPosted 7/14/2014 6:00:01 PM
Pretty much all digital for me. The only upcoming ones I plan on going physical for are Destiny (I wanted that ghost edition) and Skylanders (since it isn't available digitally).
---
XBLive - phineasfool
NNID - phineasfool
#25ozranPosted 7/14/2014 6:08:42 PM
I go all digital unless there is a good collector's edition I want like the Destiny Ghost Edition
---
Forever random, eternally comfy.......no you may not sit on me. RANDOM COUCH!!!
#26pnut3844Posted 7/14/2014 6:13:31 PM
I try and avoid them. Aftet buying the titanfall bundle and seeing how long the digital copy of that took to DL versus the physical copy of DR3, its a no brainer. Plus, I'm paying for the game, I want the physical copy. What if a server crash happens, and there's no way to get everyone's info back? You're screwed. It's just like when they introduced digital comics, it tanked. People pay that kind of money, they want to see and hold what that money got them. Then again I'm old school, different mindset than you youngsters.
#27devnull520Posted 7/14/2014 6:16:09 PM
Yes planning to be mostly digital this generation. Only own Thief in disc, and it was just to make sure my bluray is fine after a friend of mine had problems with his Xbox disc drive.
#28regsantotomasPosted 7/14/2014 6:18:08 PM
pnut3844 posted...
Then again I'm old school, different mindset than you youngsters.

God bless you. I've been playing since the late 70s but I appreciate being called a youngster. :)
---
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain
#29phineasfoolPosted 7/14/2014 6:23:32 PM
regsantotomas posted...
pnut3844 posted...

God bless you. I've been playing since the late 70s but I appreciate being called a youngster. :)

It is amusing how people assume because you like digital you are a youngster. I started gaming in the 70s as well.
---
XBLive - phineasfool
NNID - phineasfool
#30pnut3844Posted 7/14/2014 6:39:44 PM
regsantotomas posted...
pnut3844 posted...

Well obviously I know there are others like myself, which I enjoy. But it seems the majority of posters are of the younger generation, who only care about which system is selling better, which has better exclusives, which has the better version of multi plat, and the worst one yet, resolution. Just enjoy the games brothers. Have fun, please, that's what it's all about.