Does anyone else mainly buy Digital Copys?

#31regsantotomasPosted 7/14/2014 8:26:25 PM
pnut3844 posted...
regsantotomas posted...
pnut3844 posted...
Then again I'm old school, different mindset than you youngsters.

God bless you. I've been playing since the late 70s but I appreciate being called a youngster. :)

Well obviously I know there are others like myself, which I enjoy. But it seems the majority of posters are of the younger generation, who only care about which system is selling better, which has better exclusives, which has the better version of multi plat, and the worst one yet, resolution. Just enjoy the games brothers. Have fun, please, that's what it's all about.

Don't worry I took no personal affront to your comment. In fact, in my first statement I said that going all digital isn't for everyone.

I agree. At the end of the day, it's about having fun regardless of what delivery system you support.
---
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain
#32ssj5goku2005Posted 7/14/2014 8:33:25 PM
I buy whatever will get me the best deal...mainly physical copies because digital copies are more often than not overpriced but when Xbox has a good sale going I'll buy a game digitally...for instance I bought Portal 2 during the Ultimate Games sale because it was $7 (rounding up) where physically it would have been $35
---
not changing this sig until i feel like it - started 6.23.2009
#33boolzeroPosted 7/14/2014 8:58:39 PM
regsantotomas posted...
pnut3844 posted...
Then again I'm old school, different mindset than you youngsters.

God bless you. I've been playing since the late 70s but I appreciate being called a youngster. :)

Ditto! Still have my Atari 800 and 2600, and I swear my C64 is somewhere at my mothers houses!
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#34boolzeroPosted 7/14/2014 9:10:38 PM
pnut3844 posted...
I try and avoid them. Aftet buying the titanfall bundle and seeing how long the digital copy of that took to DL versus the physical copy of DR3, its a no brainer. Plus, I'm paying for the game, I want the physical copy. What if a server crash happens, and there's no way to get everyone's info back? You're screwed. It's just like when they introduced digital comics, it tanked. People pay that kind of money, they want to see and hold what that money got them. Then again I'm old school, different mindset than you youngsters.

Digital comics tanked? They may have teetered initially but they are doing better than print in a lot cases depending on the title! But don't think that digital is the reason print sales have dwindled... If anything print is killing the comic shop!
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#35Chyld989Posted 7/14/2014 10:34:42 PM
I have no plans to ever buy another physical game, if I can help it.
#36Dev445Posted 7/14/2014 10:59:46 PM
Straight Digital this gen. I'm loving not having to switch discs and its less clutter everywhere. The only XB1 game I have physical is DR3 and I got that when I first got a XB1. As soon as its on sale or on GWG I'm selling my physical disc.

Never going back to physical except for my 3DS, and WiiU cause of the limited space they have. XB1 and PS4 will be all digital for me.
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
GT: ThatBoyNice247
#37CapwnDPosted 7/14/2014 11:19:05 PM
All my Xbox One and PS4 purchases are digital. I tested the drives with bluray discs, but I don't expect to ever use them for games.
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!
#38x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 7/14/2014 11:21:44 PM
CapwnD posted...
All my Xbox One and PS4 purchases are digital. I tested the drives with bluray discs, but I don't expect to ever use them for games.

The only issue I see with digital is the large download sizes. At the moment I have no data cap (Comcast) but I know a 300 GB cap is incoming. No big deal until the holidays lol.
#39LapanuiPosted 7/15/2014 1:11:04 AM
My only digital games are the only that aren't available physically. Digital games are expensive compared to their physical versions...

I think in the US, they are about the same price so it's not like they lose anything, in the UK, they are atleast 25% more than physical copies.

Looking at Sniper Elite 3, I can get a physical copy for 41 on Amazon, it's 50 on the Xbox Store. Also, Murdered Soul Suspect was 32 at release in some stores, but I think most places were about 35. It's 45 on the Xbox Store. I can actually get the game right now off Amazon for 28. That's 17 more for the convenience of playing it today and not having to swap discs...

Could you imagine having to pay $75 for a digital copy when you can get it physically for $60 or less if you wait for a few weeks? I bet you wouldn't buy digital at all if they were that much.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#40dnmtPosted 7/15/2014 1:30:44 AM
I prefer physical but ultimately it all comes down to price. I will gladly buy a game straight from PSN if there's a really good deal on it.