Consoles "couldn't possibly handle" Star Citizen, developer says

#1Xeeh_BitzPosted 7/14/2014 3:42:39 PM
That sucks, was hoping it would come to consoles because the game looks amazing.

Here is the quote where one of the developers state there isn't enough power

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/14/consoles-couldnt-possibly-handle-star-citizen-developer-says/

. " Eric "Wingman" Peterson says it couldn't be done anyway, because consoles, including the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, simply don't have the power to drive the game."

That goes for PS4 also but the game is extremely large and the graphics are well detailed. I'm sure it'll require a beefy setup of around $1200 to max with around a $500 PC minimum with well selected parts to run. Hope the game does well, especially with over 40 million in backing by regular Joes. Maybe with DirectX 12 it'll improve the efficiency of the hardware and they'll be able to bring it over, or with the cloud handling all the AI. Might be possible, I'll not get my hopes up.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#2Jedi454Posted 7/14/2014 3:44:34 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3ExempliGratiaPosted 7/14/2014 3:49:42 PM
The real question Xeeh is how can Forza 5 ever outclass Forza 5?
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#4holden4everPosted 7/14/2014 3:50:16 PM
I would love to see Star Citizen on console but would rather it stay where it won't be gimped or subject to Microsoft and Sony's rules. I'm getting a new pc just for this. Hopefully it's a worthy successor to Freelancer.
---
http://thebulldogs.com.au/media/logo_2010.png http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j137/holden4ever/ripqld.jpg
#5RuinerEraserPosted 7/14/2014 3:50:32 PM
Nobody in their right mind ever thought Star Citizen could come to consoles.
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)
#6CRASS5000Posted 7/14/2014 4:48:27 PM
In related news, General Motors say they "have no plans to create a 'space fleet'".

Dan "The Man" Ammann says, "it couldn't be done anyway, automobiles, including ones manufactured by GM, simply aren't equipped with enough power for space travel".
---
GT. CRASS RAT GT2. LBC iGoNegative
*Official Topic Killer*
#7zerooo0Posted 7/14/2014 4:52:38 PM
ExempliGratia posted...

What about how could Star Citizen be better than Star Citizen?
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#8Laylow12Posted 7/14/2014 4:54:42 PM
ExempliGratia posted...

Not my question but I'd start with the cardboard cutout crowd, never again try to charge $100 real dollars for a single DLC car and finally upgrade the backgrounds.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#9AceAndJunpeiPosted 7/14/2014 4:55:17 PM
Jedi454 posted...
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]

Lulzzzzz
---
You're like a puzzle that can't be solved, some pieces never fill the gaps
#10ExempliGratiaPosted 7/14/2014 5:38:21 PM
Laylow12 posted...
ExempliGratia posted...

Not my question but I'd start with the cardboard cutout crowd, never again try to charge $100 real dollars for a single DLC car and finally upgrade the backgrounds.

Forza 5 part 2?
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia