XBOX One or PS4, which to buy! Please give opinions

#1sfcbrulePosted 7/14/2014 4:01:36 PM
Hey everyone, I am looking for opinions on which system to buy. The PS4 or XBOX One (without Kinect) Hopefully, responses will be from people who own both or have owned both. I will be posting this in the PS4 board as well, so there will be no favortism. I have previously owned the PS, PS2, XBOX, and XBOX360, so I have no biased either way. However, if it helps, I am only interested in gaming, not multimedia usage, or Kinect. I am probably only one of a few people left, but I will not be using it for online gameplay either, at least not for the forseeable future. Finally, if it matters, I am very much into sports games (FIFA, Madden, WWE). Sorry if this is lengthy, but I truly can not make up my mind on which system to buy, as I can only get one. Does one system look better visually on screen over the other? (Could you notice a difference if the same game was playing on both systems at the same time, side by side? Thanks everyone for any input.
#2MicrosoftLoverPosted 7/14/2014 4:02:54 PM
The Xbox One has the better resolution and graphics along with framerate.

The Kinect is innovative.

Xlive never goes down.
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
#3slyman19Posted 7/14/2014 4:03:39 PM
The PS4 seems like a better fit for you, but to be honest, this gen is all about online. You might not want to get either.
#4slyman19Posted 7/14/2014 4:04:08 PM
MicrosoftLover posted...

Xlive never goes down.

This guy is just a troll. Pay him no mind.
#5sfcbrule(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2014 4:08:47 PM
I am easily set up to be able to due online gameplay, but normally, my buddies come over and we play 2,3, or 4 player mode in the house. At least that is what we did with the last generation systems (PS3, 360)
#6ComradeRyanPosted 7/14/2014 4:09:59 PM
Multi-platform games play better on the PS4.
---
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com
#7quincy2000aPosted 7/14/2014 4:11:24 PM
Last Friday, a Microsoft exec admitted that the PS4 has better resolution/frames per second:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2014/07/11/1080p-60-fps-microsoft-challenges-gamers-to-spot-the-difference/

Yes, check both boards and then do your own internet research before making your decision. Some people have already told you lies in this thread, so I'm recommending that you don't take anyone's word but check for yourself on the internet.

If graphics are important to you, check this site also:

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_Native_Resolutions_and_Framerates

You also might want to check the "vs." articles at Digital Foundry:

http://www.eurogamer.net/?topic=digital_foundry

Good luck.
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#8slyman19Posted 7/14/2014 4:12:29 PM
sfcbrule posted...
I am easily set up to be able to due online gameplay, but normally, my buddies come over and we play 2,3, or 4 player mode in the house. At least that is what we did with the last generation systems (PS3, 360)

It seems like the Xbox One will be better for a split-screen experience, but it's kinda early to be sure.

The PS4 is slightly more powerful and easier to develop for, so multiplatform games look and run better on it.

Do you have a preference to either company's exclusives?
#9MicrosoftLoverPosted 7/14/2014 4:13:46 PM
slyman19 posted...
MicrosoftLover posted...

Xlive never goes down.

This guy is just a troll. Pay him no mind.

This guy is a Sony Enthusiast. Pay him no mind.
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
#10WOT BSPosted 7/14/2014 4:16:26 PM
get the ps4 for the show 14, theres no baseball sim on the xbox. if baseball doesnt interest you get an xbox for the better controller, but thats subjective
---
PSN: SociopathPhD
GT: Extract Hz