XBOX One or PS4, which to buy! Please give opinions

#11OliverValdezPosted 7/14/2014 5:16:27 PM
You want opinions, well I will get an xbox one. Yes, I have a ps4, I like the xbox better. In my opinion this is something that you have to decide on your own, read about both systems and figure out which you you will prefer. Asking for opinions in an xbox and ps4 forum will only get you more confused. Just my .2 cents, good luck and which ever you buy just enjoy it.
---
GT olivermanuel
#12killerbasaPosted 7/14/2014 5:26:25 PM
Let me tell you a story...

I had bought an Xbox One back in January and had it for a few months, returned it to Costco (bought from them because I wasn't 100% on the current gen) and waited for E3 to make my decision.

After seeing E3 I decided I would get all 3 consoles. I went with a Kinectless Xbox One first due to several reasons: 1) I had a few friends with One's, 2) Still had a subscription to Live and preferred the controller, 3) Despite power deficiencies, it had all the same multiplat games as PS4 and more Exclusives that interested me coming sooner.

Destiny being 1080p, the same as PS4, and Wolfenstein doing the same, I decided that the One is close enough to PS4 right now. Since I will be getting a PS4 sometime next year (when 1886 and Bloodborne show up) that I can manage using it for multiplats until then, not like it is vastly different anyways. However, with Sunset Overdrive, Halo: MCC and other exclusives coming out this year, I decided the One would be my first console. I also rather use Live for multiplayer games.

With the updates that MS has been providing and the change in direction with Phil Spencer, I feel like MS is trying to make up for lost ground and right their wrongs. It also helps that The Division's lead console is Xbox One, and that was one of the first games I saw that made me want a current gen console.

PS4 is a good console. I like the changes they made to the controller and that it has slightly more powerful hardware. If you want to just play multiplats then I would recommend that tbh. Like I said, I will get it next year when some more awesome exclusives come out. (No Man's Sky, my most anticipated game, might not be PS4 exclusive) I also want a Wii U for some games too, but the Xbox One just seemed to draw me in the most. I'll be honest, the trolls and haters almost made me change my mind but if you look at the differences from a realistic perspective then it isn't that bad. Just choose whatever console has the more appealing exclusives coming out before the others and weigh that with multiplats as well.
#13Mspaul09Posted 7/14/2014 5:29:26 PM
slyman19 posted...
The PS4 seems like a better fit for you, but to be honest, this gen is all about online. You might not want to get either.

I'd have to agree with this. If you really want one of the new systems, mostly for multiplats, and for mostly offline play, then the PS4 is probably your best bet. Most multiplats will look a tad better on the PS4 for the foreseeable future. The Xbox ones big things are the Kinect controls, the media features and the online play, if those thijgs don't apply for you, the PS4 sounds more like your cup of tea.
---
Gamertag: ZombiPenguin00
REVENGE SOLVES EVERYTHING
#14TBONE_OGPosted 7/14/2014 5:34:38 PM
My opinion is that you should buy Xbox One.
---
Always O.G.
#15Cowboy0660Posted 7/14/2014 5:41:13 PM
If u like baseball sims, get ps4 for the show, otherwise it's a coin flip. Graphics aren't really that different between them man
#16Laylow12Posted 7/14/2014 6:06:05 PM(edited)
PS4 is better at video games period. There is no 1 hour to 4 hour wait time to play new games. I think the average time is two minutes but I have waited five minutes one time. The graphics are better and there is less screen tearing and frame drops on the same games.

Sony also puts out more and better rated exclusives over the entire life of the console while Microsoft makes KINECT games. Here is a graph showing what each side concentrated on for the last three years.

http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/850/3994/original.jpg
---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#17Evil SquallPosted 7/14/2014 5:55:01 PM
Only real advantages the PS4 has is the more powerful system and easier/faster times installing games.

Other than that Ill take the One anyday. Vastly better controller, Live is worlds better than that garbage online system Sony uses, has a few exclusives Im interested in (versus none on the PS4).

I couldnt care less about the actually power of the systems, that means nothing to me as long as the games run smooth and play well.
---
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 : Maya Lvl 50 - Gaige Lvl 61
It's not until you lose everything that you are free to do anything
#18TehPwnzererPosted 7/14/2014 5:56:47 PM
Microsoft made the same mistake with the Xbox One, that Sony made with the PS3. They rested on the laurels of their brand and assumed consumers would just swallow it without question. As a result, this gen has barely started and the Xbox is already struggling to keep up technically and financially.

If you're wanting to make a safe bet this gen, go with the PS4. While online is becoming increasingly primary when it comes to videogames, Sony still provides solo gamers with a plethora of memorable single player experiences.
#19pnut3844Posted 7/14/2014 5:58:06 PM
Dude, this isn't a question we can answer for you. It all comes down to preference. They are both powerful machines and no, you mostly can't tell the difference between the two, despite what ponies will have you believe. Everyone is going to give you a biased opinion. It depends on what exclusives you will like better and also, at least for me, controller. I've always hated the PS controller, and I love tue xbone controller. It took a little while to get the feel for it but now I can see all the improvements they've made and I like it a lot more than three 360, and I loved the 360. As far as performance, my system and controllers have worked flawlessly, as has kinect, not one hiccup. The Kinect is awesome you should honestly get it, it's only $50 more. And once they start truly integrating it into the games, you'll have wished you got one. Since your main game type is sports, it really wouldn't matter which system you got. What I would do is go test out both of them, for at least a good hour. If your friends have them, test theirs. If not go to best buy or gamestop. If they give you grief tell them you're going to buy one of the systems and want to test them. That's what they are there for. They'll usually shut up, unless they are just dicks.
#20Shik_stickPosted 7/14/2014 6:00:11 PM
Mspaul09 posted...
slyman19 posted...
The PS4 seems like a better fit for you, but to be honest, this gen is all about online. You might not want to get either.

I'd have to agree with this. If you really want one of the new systems, mostly for multiplats, and for mostly offline play, then the PS4 is probably your best bet. Most multiplats will look a tad better on the PS4 for the foreseeable future. The Xbox ones big things are the Kinect controls, the media features and the online play, if those thijgs don't apply for you, the PS4 sounds more like your cup of tea.

I agree with these guys. The PS4 is just an all around better system. It's more powerful and has a better UI that is quicker and more responsive. Multiplatform games look and play a LOT better on the PS4, depending on the game of course. Most have a small difference but a lot of them have a very big difference.

Also, if this matters, you can still play online with PS4 due to the F2P games not needing PSplus if you're into any of them.

The biggest thin to look at is since you won't be getting the Kinect, the Xbox is literally a slightly more powered xbox 360. NOTHING sets it apart and everything it does on it's own, without Kinect, the PS4 does a lot better. I'm not being a fanboy, just stating objective facts. I own a PS4 and have spent a lot of time with the Xbox One due to my friend owning one.
---
Teach me about bozongas!-Jude Mathis
Best game of 2013 , The Last of Us. Sony is on point!