XBOX One or PS4, which to buy! Please give opinions

#21orestes1981Posted 7/14/2014 5:04:24 PM
Actually, you can tell the difference. There is a power difference, but you do not want to accept that. When Microsoft execs talk about not seeing a difference between 720p and 1080p on anything less than 60", you know their are scrambling.

When the system is $499 with Kinect 2.0, that is something. But, 2.0 isn't 100% accurate. Reports from various websites (IGN, Gamesbeat, etc) have commented on this. If anyone tells you otherwise, they are either lying or trying to sell you something...

Right now, there really isn't a difference between PSN on the PS4 and XBL on the One. The only difference is that it is $10 cheaper for the PS4, and you get way more games (if you own a PS3, Vita, and the PS4).

However, the idea of coming to a system message board and asking random people about their opinion? It is going to be heavily favored towards Xbox One. That was like going to a Denver Broncos message board and asking them which team is going to win the Super Bowl last year...
---
Cappin' thine enemy is not exactly something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher
#22aszsithPosted 7/14/2014 5:34:34 PM
You could honestly go with either based on your non-online, sports title gaming habits. See which controller you like more.

Controllers:
PS4 - Short battery life, odd touch thingy adds little to most titles
XBOne - Battery options, improved performance, feels cheaply made

I personally use my PS4 more these days (because my newest games are on it), but I wish I could use my XBOne controller while doing so.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#23regs8376Posted 7/14/2014 5:41:06 PM
If you arent going to use the multimedia features of the xbox one, go with a ps4.
#24pnut3844Posted 7/14/2014 5:49:05 PM
orestes1981 posted...
Actually, you can tell the difference. There is a power difference, but you do not want to accept that. When Microsoft execs talk about not seeing a difference between 720p and 1080p on anything less than 60", you know their are scrambling.

When the system is $499 with Kinect 2.0, that is something. But, 2.0 isn't 100% accurate. Reports from various websites (IGN, Gamesbeat, etc) have commented on this. If anyone tells you otherwise, they are either lying or trying to sell you something...

Right now, there really isn't a difference between PSN on the PS4 and XBL on the One. The only difference is that it is $10 cheaper for the PS4, and you get way more games (if you own a PS3, Vita, and the PS4).

However, the idea of coming to a system message board and asking random people about their opinion? It is going to be heavily favored towards Xbox One. That was like going to a Denver Broncos message board and asking them which team is going to win the Super Bowl last year...

$499? I guess people don't realize that best buy, amazon and Wal-Mart dropped the titanfall bundle to $450, with Kinect. Of course greedy ass gamestop is stil $499. So for $50 more you get the awesome piece of hardware that is kinect. I'm telling you, give it a year and when devs realize all the untapped potential for kinect, people will be really sorry they were so cheap at to save $50.
#25pnut3844Posted 7/14/2014 5:58:44 PM
Plus, if you go to best buy, you can get awesome package deals. When I bought the titanfall bundle, the salesmen asked if I needed anything else. I said yes, a new tv to go with it. His eyes lit up. I got a 42 inch LG LED 1080p 120hz refresh rate for $400. This was about 4-5 months ago when they wanted over $500 for it brand new. And I got an extra controller with a 3 month card thrown in for free. Of course I did door to door sales for 2 years, so I know how to work commission based salesmen. I basically got the titanfall bundle, a brand new nice ass tv, an extra controller and a 3 month card for around $950 with tax. You can't beat that deal bro.
#26slyman19Posted 7/14/2014 6:04:06 PM
TehPwnzerer posted...
Microsoft made the same mistake with the Xbox One, that Sony made with the PS3. They rested on the laurels of their brand and assumed consumers would just swallow it without question. As a result, this gen has barely started and the Xbox is already struggling to keep up technically and financially.

If you're wanting to make a safe bet this gen, go with the PS4. While online is becoming increasingly primary when it comes to videogames, Sony still provides solo gamers with a plethora of memorable single player experiences.

What? So far the Xbox One has made Microsoft more money than the PS4 has for Sony.
#27regs8376Posted 7/14/2014 6:20:53 PM
slyman19 posted...
What? So far the Xbox One has made Microsoft more money than the PS4 has for Sony.

And where is your source to back up that claim?
#28TheCyborgNinjaPosted 7/14/2014 7:07:27 PM
They're close enough in hardware specs that you just need to write down a list of all the current and upcoming exclusives for each console. Whichever is most appealing is the console for you.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#29slyman19Posted 7/14/2014 7:48:19 PM
regs8376 posted...
slyman19 posted...

And where is your source to back up that claim?

Look at their financial reports. Sony"s gaming division lost money the last two quarters, Microsoft's didn't.
#30orestes1981Posted 7/15/2014 4:09:20 AM
TheCyborgNinja posted...
They're close enough in hardware specs that you just need to write down a list of all the current and upcoming exclusives for each console. Whichever is most appealing is the console for you.

Considering Microsoft execs are trying to say people cannot tell the difference between 720p and 1080p, there is a difference. They are close, but the PS4 hardware is better. It is better enough where there is a stark difference.

The PS4 will run the best console version of multiplatform games.

Xbox One will run worse versions of the same game or it will be equal. Plus, Xbox Live is $10 more expensive than PS+, and you get all the lovely ads with it so they can make even more money from you.
---
Cappin' thine enemy is not exactly something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher