Do you guys think Microsoft should develop a Super Smash Bros game for XBOX ONE?

#11longnutsPosted 7/14/2014 7:11:56 PMmessage detail(edited)
I'm tired of watching my son play Brawl on the brand new WiiU I bought for him, so no.

Plus I'm going to have to buy the new one later this year or listen to him whine until I do.
---
Consoles currently hooked up to my tv: xb1, ps4, xbox 360, ps3, wii, wiiU, atari 2600
PSN: LONGNUTTZ XBL: xLONGNUTTSx
#12TOhasNoRingPosted 7/14/2014 7:18:37 PMmessage detail
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#13mike468Posted 7/14/2014 7:30:00 PMmessage detail
TOhasNoRing posted...
Copying sonys ideas? Is TC that stupid? All sony did was copy super smash bros.

It turned out pretty ****** and didn't hold the interest of the community for very long.

MS also doesn't have enough franchises to really warrant doing a game either. Would end up being mostly Rare IP's (banjo, Kameo, Grabbed by the ghoulies) , Halo, Gears of War, Fable and blinx. I also couldn't see MS doing this kind of a game and not forcing kinect into it.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#14longnutsPosted 7/14/2014 7:31:15 PMmessage detail
Don't forget an Alan Wake flashlight finisher
---
Consoles currently hooked up to my tv: xb1, ps4, xbox 360, ps3, wii, wiiU, atari 2600
PSN: LONGNUTTZ XBL: xLONGNUTTSx
#15zerooo0Posted 7/14/2014 7:33:34 PMmessage detail
mike468 posted...
TOhasNoRing posted...
Copying sonys ideas? Is TC that stupid? All sony did was copy super smash bros.

It turned out pretty ****** and didn't hold the interest of the community for very long.

MS also doesn't have enough franchises to really warrant doing a game either. Would end up being mostly Rare IP's (banjo, Kameo, Grabbed by the ghoulies) , Halo, Gears of War, Fable and blinx. I also couldn't see MS doing this kind of a game and not forcing kinect into it.

I would say MS has plenty. They could throw in 3rd Party characters, and reuse characters like Master Chief and Cortana.

Seriously I don't get it when people say that MS doesn't have enough characters to pull it off when they easily can. Look at Sony roster is was pathetic for the "wide arrange" of options they could've put in their yet the roster really wasn't good.

I say if they go with the Smash style then I would buy it. If they went with the monstrosity that was PSABR then no. That game was just poorly built together with a good concept. Especially how it handled people dropping out was a headache. Just an awful game really.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#16TheGam3925Posted 7/14/2014 7:37:09 PMmessage detail
longnuts posted...
Don't forget an Alan Wake flashlight finisher

And the Major Nelson switch flipping 180 attack.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#17leatheljPosted 7/14/2014 7:38:34 PMmessage detail
Yes I would buy it it would prop be fun I mean sony has one so why not ms has plenty of resources to do it add in some cool 3rd party dudes and you got yourself some good stuff I just hope they learn from sonys mistakes and take good inspiration from Nintendo.
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#18MicrosoftLoverPosted 7/14/2014 7:39:15 PMmessage detail
OmG yes! Maybe then all these Nintendo kids will shut up about Super Smash!

Our game can feature Cortana from the ever popular Halo series, The ninja guy from that ninja game that people complain is really hard on really hard mode, Banjoo-Kazooie from Banjoo-Kazooie, the main character from Ryse, A titan from Titanfall, the main character from Sunset Overdrive(I like him!), and cards from Magic(2015 GOTY)!!!
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
#19lostoutlawnbPosted 7/14/2014 7:42:35 PMmessage detail
just make it a marvel smash bro clone.
#20mike468Posted 7/14/2014 7:51:06 PMmessage detail
zerooo0 posted...

I would say MS has plenty. They could throw in 3rd Party characters, and reuse characters like Master Chief and Cortana.

No they could't. First the licensing to secure all the 3rd party characters would be a nightmare (not saying MS doesn't have the money to fun this kind of a game), but secondly as the first game in what could potentially a series, it's a bad idea to go watering it down with 3rd party guest characters (I honestly can't even think of any that would fit).

Going back to the the original Smash Brothers game, it worked because Nintendo had enough of their own franchises to support it on it's own. It's only in light of of the game's success that Nintendo has managed to secure support for 3rd party guest characters like Snake.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board