Do you guys think Microsoft should develop a Super Smash Bros game for XBOX ONE?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do you guys think Microsoft should develop a Super Smash Bros game for XBOX ONE?
1 year ago#21
....out of all the names mentioned in this thread....banjo, master chief and Cortana are the only ones that are microsoft.

Microsoft doesn't have enough characters. They would have a better chance of doing a halo vs titan fall FPS.
1 year ago#22
mike468 posted...
TOhasNoRing posted...
Copying sonys ideas? Is TC that stupid? All sony did was copy super smash bros.

It turned out pretty ****** and didn't hold the interest of the community for very long.

MS also doesn't have enough franchises to really warrant doing a game either. Would end up being mostly Rare IP's (banjo, Kameo, Grabbed by the ghoulies) , Halo, Gears of War, Fable and blinx. I also couldn't see MS doing this kind of a game and not forcing kinect into it.

This. And lets be real here, it was similar to smash bros in looks. That's all. The mechanics are far more technical. It didn't play like smash bros at all.
---
I'm the Barack Obama of fat people
Yes we can...Eat!!
1 year ago#23
mike468 posted...
zerooo0 posted...

I would say MS has plenty. They could throw in 3rd Party characters, and reuse characters like Master Chief and Cortana.

No they could't. First the licensing to secure all the 3rd party characters would be a nightmare (not saying MS doesn't have the money to fun this kind of a game), but secondly as the first game in what could potentially a series, it's a bad idea to go watering it down with 3rd party guest characters (I honestly can't even think of any that would fit).

Going back to the the original Smash Brothers game, it worked because Nintendo had enough of their own franchises to support it on it's own. It's only in light of of the game's success that Nintendo has managed to secure support for 3rd party guest characters like Snake.

Just like it was a nightmare for Sony to get Big Daddy, Some Tekken guy, Isaac Clarke,Nariko, Raiden, and Dante in PSABR right. Or Nintendo even with Snake. MS could throw in just first party and start off with a medium to small size roster and go from their or MS could get third party characters from certain partners that are even giving them timed exclusive DLC. Like Dragon Age, The Division, and Evolve. With all the money that the Xbox division has I really doubt it would be any trouble.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
1 year ago#24
mike468 posted...
TOhasNoRing posted...
Copying sonys ideas? Is TC that stupid? All sony did was copy super smash bros.

It turned out pretty ****** and didn't hold the interest of the community for very long.

MS also doesn't have enough franchises to really warrant doing a game either. Would end up being mostly Rare IP's (banjo, Kameo, Grabbed by the ghoulies) , Halo, Gears of War, Fable and blinx. I also couldn't see MS doing this kind of a game and not forcing kinect into it.

Also these series, but these aren't good enough for a smash type game. Sony had enough characters, and the game was decent, but smash is still way better.
1 year ago#25
Legend524 posted...
....out of all the names mentioned in this thread....banjo, master chief and Cortana are the only ones that are microsoft.

Microsoft doesn't have enough characters. They would have a better chance of doing a halo vs titan fall FPS.

There are all the rare characters. Pimple, Rash, and Zitz from Battletoads, Conker, Banjo-Kazooie, Kameo, Joanna Dark, the kid from Grabbed by the Ghoulies just to name a few. You also have the Gears characters now that Microsoft bought that series.
---
XBLive - phineasfool
NNID - phineasfool
1 year ago#26
Legend524 posted...

MS owns Rare. Therefore they do own games like Kameo, Grabbed by the ghoulies, battletoads, etc. They also bought Gears of War from Epic within the past 6 months of so, so they own that and lionhead studios is owned by MS, so Fable is as well.

MS was also the exclusive publisher for Blinx, so one can assume they own the right to use them in any further games. Just like how Sony was the exclusive publisher of Amplitude. The new game will be a PS exclusive.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
1 year ago#27
No KOTOR characters?

:(
---
I'm the Barack Obama of fat people
Yes we can...Eat!!
1 year ago#28
Not really. Only Nintendo can pull it off. I got bored with Sony's attempt in under a week.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
1 year ago#29
Rare.....im really not impressed by them anymore. Joanna dark and conker, yea they are cool....but I really don't want any of the other characters they have.
1 year ago#30
It would be interesting. It's not just Master Chief & Marcus Fenix duking it out. MS can throw Rare characters like Banjo & Kazooie, Conker, and Joanna Dark. Seeing Avatars punch each other would be fun, considering half of my friends' avatars look like pricks.

As for copying Nintendo & Sony's company-wide characters fighting each other, the idea goes as far back as Marvel's Secret Wars and even further than that.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do you guys think Microsoft should develop a Super Smash Bros game for XBOX ONE?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived