Do you guys think Microsoft should develop a Super Smash Bros game for XBOX ONE?

#31mike468Posted 7/14/2014 7:09:14 PM
Legend524 posted...
mike468 posted...
TOhasNoRing posted...
Copying sonys ideas? Is TC that stupid? All sony did was copy super smash bros.

It turned out pretty ****** and didn't hold the interest of the community for very long.

MS also doesn't have enough franchises to really warrant doing a game either. Would end up being mostly Rare IP's (banjo, Kameo, Grabbed by the ghoulies) , Halo, Gears of War, Fable and blinx. I also couldn't see MS doing this kind of a game and not forcing kinect into it.

Also these series, but these aren't good enough for a smash type game. Sony had enough characters, and the game was decent, but smash is still way better.

I think you are confusing "good enough" with "popular enough".These characters would fit perfectly in a smash style game, from a gameplay perspective. The problem is MS has done little-nothing to keep any real interest in any of these characters or franchises, to even help sell a game of this magnitude.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#32phineasfoolPosted 7/14/2014 7:09:41 PM
Legend524 posted...
Rare.....im really not impressed by them anymore. Joanna dark and conker, yea they are cool....but I really don't want any of the other characters they have.

I don't care about half the characters in Smash Bros, but that doesn't stop it from being a fun game.
---
XBLive - phineasfool
NNID - phineasfool
#33Legend524Posted 7/14/2014 7:14:32 PM
mike468 posted...
Legend524 posted...
mike468 posted...
TOhasNoRing posted...

It turned out pretty ****** and didn't hold the interest of the community for very long.

MS also doesn't have enough franchises to really warrant doing a game either. Would end up being mostly Rare IP's (banjo, Kameo, Grabbed by the ghoulies) , Halo, Gears of War, Fable and blinx. I also couldn't see MS doing this kind of a game and not forcing kinect into it.

Also these series, but these aren't good enough for a smash type game. Sony had enough characters, and the game was decent, but smash is still way better.

I think you are confusing "good enough" with "popular enough".These characters would fit perfectly in a smash style game, from a gameplay perspective. The problem is MS has done little-nothing to keep any real interest in any of these characters or franchises, to even help sell a game of this magnitude.

Ok...explain to me how banjo Kazooie can be put into a fighting with the violent likes of Marcus phoenix and master chief with their guns, energy swords, and chainsaws and not look ridiculous.
#34phineasfoolPosted 7/14/2014 7:17:36 PM
Legend524 posted...
mike468 posted...
Legend524 posted...
mike468 posted...
TOhasNoRing posted...

Ok...explain to me how banjo Kazooie can be put into a fighting with the violent likes of Marcus phoenix and master chief with their guns, energy swords, and chainsaws and not look ridiculous.

You mean how like Mario fights with Snake?
---
XBLive - phineasfool
NNID - phineasfool
#35TheGam3925Posted 7/14/2014 7:17:45 PM
Not gonna lie, but the character lineup would be pretty bad compared to Nintendo and Sony.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#36Legend524Posted 7/14/2014 7:18:23 PM
phineasfool posted...
Legend524 posted...
Rare.....im really not impressed by them anymore. Joanna dark and conker, yea they are cool....but I really don't want any of the other characters they have.

I don't care about half the characters in Smash Bros, but that doesn't stop it from being a fun game.

More than half the characters in smash are the most iconic characters in gaming. Who don't you care about?

And smash works because it's believable that all the characters involved can fight on the same level.
#37zerooo0Posted 7/14/2014 7:25:18 PM
TheGam3925 posted...
Not gonna lie, but the character lineup would be pretty bad compared to Nintendo and Sony.

Please Sony PSABR lineup was pathetic compared to what it could've bee. Fat Princess I mean really? They pick her over many other characters they could've added.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#38mike468Posted 7/14/2014 7:28:44 PM(edited)
phineasfool posted...
Legend524 posted...

You mean how like Mario fights with Snake?

Not to mention how Sony manage to include Heavy Sword characters or even Zeus from God of War, fighting the likes Pa Rapa the Rapper.

Just because games like Halo and Gears are blood filled, with guns and decapitation, doesn't mean that aspect of those series has to transition to a Smash style game.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#39phineasfoolPosted 7/14/2014 7:27:28 PM
Legend524 posted...
phineasfool posted...
Legend524 posted...

More than half the characters in smash are the most iconic characters in gaming. Who don't you care about?

And smash works because it's believable that all the characters involved can fight on the same level.

Any of the Fire Emblem characters, Ness, the Ice Climbers, Dr Mario, Zelda/Sheik, Ganon, most of the pokemon they choose just to name a few off the top of my head.
---
XBLive - phineasfool
NNID - phineasfool
#40ThePaleRiderpPosted 7/14/2014 7:29:02 PM
TheCyborgNinja posted...
Not really. Only Nintendo can pull it off. I got bored with Sony's attempt in under a week.

Pretty much this.
---
Valar morghulis