Do you guys think Microsoft should develop a Super Smash Bros game for XBOX ONE?

#41Legend524Posted 7/14/2014 8:29:21 PM
phineasfool posted...

You mean how like Mario fights with Snake?

Lol the one exception in smash, but you can't have a whole game of exceptions. Snake doesn't kill in metal gear. (Except maybe bosses) and he doesn't really murder people viciously, so he still kind of fits into smash, since he is mostly hand to hand. Marcus phoenix is nowhere near hand to hand. he'd just be awkward. Chief is also mostly gunplay, but I guess he can go hand to hand with a sword.
#42Legend524Posted 7/14/2014 8:33:19 PM(edited)
phineasfool posted...
Legend524 posted...
phineasfool posted...
Legend524 posted...
Rare.....im really not impressed by them anymore. Joanna dark and conker, yea they are cool....but I really don't want any of the other characters they have.

I don't care about half the characters in Smash Bros, but that doesn't stop it from being a fun game.

More than half the characters in smash are the most iconic characters in gaming. Who don't you care about?

And smash works because it's believable that all the characters involved can fight on the same level.

Any of the Fire Emblem characters, Ness, the Ice Climbers, Dr Mario, Zelda/Sheik, Ganon, most of the pokemon they choose just to name a few off the top of my head.

I see. Your just young then.

I can see the fire emblem thing, as if you never played it, then who cares. But the others are iconic. You might not have played those games to think so.
#43phineasfoolPosted 7/14/2014 8:31:49 PM
Legend524 posted...
phineasfool posted...
Legend524 posted...
phineasfool posted...
Legend524 posted...
Rare.....im really not impressed by them anymore. Joanna dark and conker, yea they are cool....but I really don't want any of the other characters they have.

I don't care about half the characters in Smash Bros, but that doesn't stop it from being a fun game.

More than half the characters in smash are the most iconic characters in gaming. Who don't you care about?

And smash works because it's believable that all the characters involved can fight on the same level.

Any of the Fire Emblem characters, Ness, the Ice Climbers, Dr Mario, Zelda/Sheik, Ganon, most of the pokemon they choose just to name a few off the top of my head.

I see. Your just young then.

If 42 is young, then yes I am young.
---
XBLive - phineasfool
NNID - phineasfool
#44Legend524Posted 7/14/2014 8:34:17 PM
The inter net ate my post, so I edited it.
#45mike468Posted 7/14/2014 8:41:38 PM(edited)
Legend524 posted...
phineasfool posted...

You mean how like Mario fights with Snake?

Chief is also mostly gunplay, but I guess he can go hand to hand with a sword.

Give Master Chief an energy sword, pistol and grenade and have him play similarly to a 2d version of Link from Soul Calibur 2 and it would work in this kind of game. The same kind of liberties would work with characters from the Gears of War universe as well, I just can't really think of anything ATM. Maybe some kind of football player inspired Cole Train.

To say Marcus phoenix wouldn't work in this game is absurd, considering Smash Brothers brawl relied on 2 attack, a melee and ranged/projectile attack. Bullets from the gun works as a projectile and a chainsaw attack (sans blood and decapitation) would work for his melee attack.

It all depends how deep of a game MS would make it. One of the major complains against Playstation All-Star battle was that it was actually overly deep and complex for this kind of game. It should be kept simple and easy to do moves.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#46phineasfoolPosted 7/14/2014 8:40:58 PM
Just because a character is iconic doesn't necessarily mean I'll enjoy playing as the character. That doesn't stop the overall game from being fun though.

In that sense Microsoft does have enough characters to do this sort of game. Whether or not they could make it fun would be another thing entirely.
---
XBLive - phineasfool
NNID - phineasfool
#47TheGam3925Posted 7/14/2014 8:41:13 PM
zerooo0 posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
Not gonna lie, but the character lineup would be pretty bad compared to Nintendo and Sony.

Please Sony PSABR lineup was pathetic compared to what it could've bee. Fat Princess I mean really? They pick her over many other characters they could've added.

Of course their is also Dante, Kratos, Sweet Tooth, Big Daddy, Raiden, Nathan Drake, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, Zeus and Isaac Clarke. But none of those characters are any good in your opinion am I right?

But good job cherry picking Fat Princess as your reason for the lineup being "pathetic" lol.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#48ThePaleRiderpPosted 7/14/2014 8:41:41 PM
phineasfool posted...
Just because a character is iconic doesn't necessarily mean I'll enjoy playing as the character. That doesn't stop the overall game from being fun though.

In that sense Microsoft does have enough characters to do this sort of game. Whether or not they could make it fun would be another thing entirely.

We have a winner.
---
Valar morghulis
#49zerooo0Posted 7/14/2014 9:08:01 PM
TheGam3925 posted...
zerooo0 posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
Not gonna lie, but the character lineup would be pretty bad compared to Nintendo and Sony.

Please Sony PSABR lineup was pathetic compared to what it could've bee. Fat Princess I mean really? They pick her over many other characters they could've added.

Of course their is also Dante, Kratos, Sweet Tooth, Big Daddy, Raiden, Nathan Drake, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, Zeus and Isaac Clarke. But none of those characters are any good in your opinion am I right?

But good job cherry picking Fat Princess as your reason for the lineup being "pathetic" lol.

They could've done better. Jak, Drake, and Rachet are ones that I agree that should be their. I couldn't care less about the third party characters, but Sony could've added more previous first party characters that they might still own.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#50Megamushroom666Posted 7/14/2014 9:09:25 PM
THE_PS1_PATRIOT posted...
Why Not? I think each company should have their own version of this type of game. It's good fanservice.

Rare would be well suited for something like this.

---
www.snackeroo.com
Carmina Burana: youtu.be/fUiEjLwZbTY