Do you guys think Microsoft should develop a Super Smash Bros game for XBOX ONE?

#61blitz_0623Posted 7/15/2014 5:38:56 AM(edited)
Let's see:
Master Chief
Cortana?
Marcus Fenix
Dom
Fable MC
Commander Shepard
Kaim
Alan Wake
Crackdown Agent
Nick Ramos
Marius Titus
Banjo & Kazooie
Geralt
A few other popular multiplat characters? Faith Connors, Alex Mercer, GlaDOS, Ezio/Altair, etc

They can have quite a formidable lineup I'd say.
---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add
#62XD375Posted 7/15/2014 5:38:15 AM
I think it should be an FPS game. Banjo-Kazooie characters could still work, there was an FPS mode in Tooie. Other characters like Conker and Marcus Fenix would be easy to pull off in an FPS game. There could be a Viva Piņata level. Soap from Modern Warfare could be a third-party character, and maybe a GTA character/stage could appear as well. Perfect Dark content is an absolute must.
#63SexySextrainPosted 7/15/2014 6:11:49 AM
Homie_202 posted...
No not saying that they are smart enough to not do it I'm just saying no. They don't really have enough big characters to make a game. Also 80% of their characters would have guns. Sony has a much wider variety of characters and even they don't really have enough characters to pull off a smash game IMO and MS has way less.

---
What can you make of life? Without a lot of luck, nothing. And so, we despair, knowing that in the end, no one's there.
#64VamarPosted 7/15/2014 6:24:48 AM
HiddenRoar posted...
CoD isn't Microsoft...

Sonic, Solid Snake, Mega Man and Pac Man aren't Nintendo characters, but they're in Smash Bros.

To answer the original question, no, I wouldn't want to see a similar game with MS characters. Sony tried that with PlayStation All-Stars and it bombed.
#65dnmtPosted 7/15/2014 6:25:38 AM
I don't think MS has enough iconic characters to make such a game work. Playstation All-Stars was pathetic enough as it is.
#66SragentThomPosted 7/15/2014 12:50:47 PM
mike468 posted...
TOhasNoRing posted...
Copying sonys ideas? Is TC that stupid? All sony did was copy super smash bros.

It turned out pretty ****** and didn't hold the interest of the community for very long.

MS also doesn't have enough franchises to really warrant doing a game either. Would end up being mostly Rare IP's (banjo, Kameo, Grabbed by the ghoulies) , Halo, Gears of War, Fable and blinx. I also couldn't see MS doing this kind of a game and not forcing kinect into it.

****ing blinx. I wish they made more blinx games
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Df8Ny6zHVc
Mc Nuggco: Heart attack within
#67DarthUchiha91Posted 7/15/2014 12:55:11 PM
boolzero posted...
I think people are missing the fact that it works for Nintendo not because of their number of characters, but because of the implausible premise with silly, fun, implausible characters mashed together who aren't already typically known for being real world and gritty, but rather light and fun. I don't think gamers are clambering to see big head versions of a Locust and Marcus Fenix slap each other around a stage as they by for power ups Powerstone style, with silly commentation like "Superawesome!" popping overhead when Marcus picks up a Banshee over his head and slams it on the Locust solider, causing the character to sway back and forth and a string of stars circles his head! Sounds great to us crazy folks, but the rest of the casual gaming demo, the ones that bring the bulk money in, would look at it, scratch their head, and go back to playing CoD or Madden.

With the gritty "M" rated stable of characters MS has there is no way that you could pull off a light and fun game that apes the Smash Bros. fashion. It would surely have to go the Mortal Kombat route of over the top, and that would lead to an M rating, leading to less sales because it's appeal would be limited to only the core fan-base that gets it and even less of that group of those willing to step out of their core franchises to entertain playing this (think of it this way: Halo fans love Halo, but a much smaller portion jumped on board Halo Wars despite it being a Halo game because, well, it's not a "proper" Halo game)!

I'd personally buy it though I'd think it take a lot of magic to get the formula to work and it would honestly sell like crap, but the Gamefaqs community would believe that everybody in the world would want it and must love it... Which wouldn't be the case... So my vote is no... Because I'd rather not have a failed game just to have experienced it and potentially destroy that idea of future prospects for it entirely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUYQfYjzxIY
---
I'm the Barack Obama of fat people
Yes we can...Eat!!
#68scoobydoobydontPosted 7/15/2014 1:55:07 PM
A legit game, no, but I think it would be fun if they made a SSB parody. As in, parodied actual Nintendo (and hell, why not, Sony too) characters in a Smash-style brawler. Maybe make it F2P, and only charge for access to a character generator where fans could make more parodies that MS legal team wouldn't let MS make.
---
"Why do you expect me to be rational? I'm a troll..." -Izraeil
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#69method115Posted 7/15/2014 2:04:46 PM
Every console should have a super smash brothers and mario kart like racing game.
---
PSN: method114
XBL: method115
#70kungfuj0Posted 7/15/2014 2:44:15 PM
I am not going to say that they SHOULD do it.

I am going to say that IF they did it, I'd probably play the hell out of it if it were done right..
---
Sometimes I honestly think that Online is the WORST thing that ever happened to gaming.