Will you switch to PC gaming only if consoles go digital only

#1That_Damn_KidPosted 7/14/2014 5:45:14 PM
Big yes for me. I would hate paying at or near full price for games all the time.
---
I'm not a kid, I just act like one
GT: ITS DAT DAM KID --- PSN: Lamburghini89/// X1, Wii U, 360, 3DS
#2Reflex-ArcPosted 7/14/2014 5:49:04 PM
Probably not, as long as consoles continue to provide unique gameplay experiences by way of exclusives and features.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#3Madmax1985Posted 7/14/2014 5:50:27 PM
Yeah, At that point what does console gaming offer besides it's littered exclusives across each platform?

Nothing, Zero. Sure exclusives.... That's it. With pc gaming You get cheaper games, Free online and the ability to have infinite backwards compatibility.

I am already leaning towards going all in with pc gaming... But when or if the industry goes 100% digital... I am throwing in the towel with consoles and sticking with pc.
---
"Because you aren't allowed to be excited about anything anymore. Welcome to trollfaqs. -Sparkitup"
#4pnut3844Posted 7/14/2014 5:52:27 PM
If theu dropped the prices from hard copies, then no I wouldn't. I've always hated pc gaming, except mmos, which current gen will have soon enough. People praise pc gaming bc the hardware will always be better, but how much do you spend to CONSTANTLY update hardware. Ffs, every 3-6 months some new graphics card or processor comes out and you have to shell out money yet again. The hell with that. I've always been a console gamer, and always will. just my preference.
#5Madmax1985Posted 7/14/2014 5:54:13 PM
pnut3844 posted...
If theu dropped the prices from hard copies, then no I wouldn't. I've always hated pc gaming, except mmos, which current gen will have soon enough. People praise pc gaming bc the hardware will always be better, but how much do you spend to CONSTANTLY update hardware. Ffs, every 3-6 months some new graphics card or processor comes out and you have to shell out money yet again. The hell with that. I've always been a console gamer, and always will. just my preference.

Seriously, Shut up with that false blanket statement. I have had a gtx 580 for nearly 4 years, Haven't upgraded ONCE, I still max games with a consistent 40-45 fps.

You have a preference for consoles? Fine, But that doesn't give you an excuse to be ignorant.
---
"Because you aren't allowed to be excited about anything anymore. Welcome to trollfaqs. -Sparkitup"
#6Evil SquallPosted 7/14/2014 5:55:16 PM
Yep Id go PC. If they tried to shove that moronic idea of digital only at us Im done with consoles.
---
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 : Maya Lvl 50 - Gaige Lvl 61
It's not until you lose everything that you are free to do anything
#7x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 7/14/2014 5:58:34 PM
Madmax1985 posted...
pnut3844 posted...

Seriously, Shut up with that false blanket statement. I have had a gtx 580 for nearly 4 years, Haven't upgraded ONCE, I still max games with a consistent 40-45 fps.

You have a preference for consoles? Fine, But that doesn't give you an excuse to be ignorant.

This. My Intel i7 3930k processor still retails for $600 almost 3 years later. This paired with my MSI Radeon 6970 from the same time frame still handles games without issue.

Just because a newer card comes out doesn't mean I need a new one. We don't need new smart phones a month later when a new one hits do we? How bout television or car?
#8TehPwnzererPosted 7/14/2014 6:00:30 PM
Other than for exclusives, yes.
#9Madmax1985Posted 7/14/2014 6:01:37 PM
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
Madmax1985 posted...
pnut3844 posted...

This. My Intel i7 3930k processor still retails for $600 almost 3 years later. This paired with my MSI Radeon 6970 from the same time frame still handles games without issue.

Just because a newer card comes out doesn't mean I need a new one. We don't need new smart phones a month later when a new one hits do we? How bout television or car?

Apparently we are obsessive compulsive when it comes to upgrading our pc's, Even though we max games on a consistent level... We obviously need to upgrade every 3 months......

*FacePalm* I will never understand people.
---
#10pnut3844Posted 7/14/2014 6:02:17 PM
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
Madmax1985 posted...
pnut3844 posted...

You ladies completely missed what I said. You saw the bold statement and immediately went into rage mode. I said people praise pc for having all the up to date hardware thats more powerful than consoles. My point was, to keep it up to date, you have to constantly buy new hardware that comes out. I never said you have to constantly buy it to be satisfied, I said you have to constantly update to be able to justify that claim.