Will you switch to PC gaming only if consoles go digital only

#11phineasfoolPosted 7/14/2014 6:03:09 PM
Unless every single game went to PC, then no, I would still use consoles as well.
---
XBLive - phineasfool
NNID - phineasfool
#12x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 7/14/2014 6:05:17 PM
Madmax1985 posted...
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
Madmax1985 posted...
pnut3844 posted...
If theu dropped the prices from hard copies, then no I wouldn't. I've always hated pc gaming, except mmos, which current gen will have soon enough. People praise pc gaming bc the hardware will always be better, but how much do you spend to CONSTANTLY update hardware. Ffs, every 3-6 months some new graphics card or processor comes out and you have to shell out money yet again. The hell with that. I've always been a console gamer, and always will. just my preference.

Seriously, Shut up with that false blanket statement. I have had a gtx 580 for nearly 4 years, Haven't upgraded ONCE, I still max games with a consistent 40-45 fps.

You have a preference for consoles? Fine, But that doesn't give you an excuse to be ignorant.

This. My Intel i7 3930k processor still retails for $600 almost 3 years later. This paired with my MSI Radeon 6970 from the same time frame still handles games without issue.

Just because a newer card comes out doesn't mean I need a new one. We don't need new smart phones a month later when a new one hits do we? How bout television or car?

Apparently we are obsessive compulsive when it comes to upgrading our pc's, Even though we max games on a consistent level... We obviously need to upgrade every 3 months......

*FacePalm* I will never understand people.

Sad, isn't it? The reason PC gamers talk about being able to upgrade is because its possible. If you want a new graphics card you can do it. You can also use multiple cards if you have reasons to do it. Wanting to do something isn't a necessity. They like the option to do it at any time they like rather than having to do it on the console makers schedule. Its having the choice but its definitely no where near necessary.

For Christ sake the Xbox 360 and PS3 lasted nearly 10 years on hardware with half a gig of memory. You actually think a PC needs to be upgraded monthly?!
#13jessica73Posted 7/14/2014 6:05:20 PM
but their hardware is still more powerful and will be fine for years, despite more powerful pc hardware being out

my 560ti in my backup pc still isn't having to compromise to hit 900/30 and I bought that like 3 years ago this month
---
http://i.imgur.com/uAzPe.jpg http://steamsigmaker.de/bg/thebotqueen.png
http://raptr.com/badge/thebotqueen/ach.png
#14Madmax1985Posted 7/14/2014 6:07:45 PM
pnut3844 posted...
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
Madmax1985 posted...
pnut3844 posted...
If theu dropped the prices from hard copies, then no I wouldn't. I've always hated pc gaming, except mmos, which current gen will have soon enough. People praise pc gaming bc the hardware will always be better, but how much do you spend to CONSTANTLY update hardware. Ffs, every 3-6 months some new graphics card or processor comes out and you have to shell out money yet again. The hell with that. I've always been a console gamer, and always will. just my preference.

Seriously, Shut up with that false blanket statement. I have had a gtx 580 for nearly 4 years, Haven't upgraded ONCE, I still max games with a consistent 40-45 fps.

You have a preference for consoles? Fine, But that doesn't give you an excuse to be ignorant.

This. My Intel i7 3930k processor still retails for $600 almost 3 years later. This paired with my MSI Radeon 6970 from the same time frame still handles games without issue.

Just because a newer card comes out doesn't mean I need a new one. We don't need new smart phones a month later when a new one hits do we? How bout television or car?

You ladies completely missed what I said. You saw the bold statement and immediately went into rage mode. I said people praise pc for having all the up to date hardware thats more powerful than consoles. My point was, to keep it up to date, you have to constantly buy new hardware that comes out. I never said you have to constantly buy it to be satisfied, I said you have to constantly update to be able to justify that claim.

Okay troll, I'll bite. You DON'T need to upgrade consistently to justify anything, The fact of the matter is, My gtx 580 and his 6970 still takes a dump on "Next gen" consoles.

Couple those cards with a decent processor like an i5 or an i7 and you have immediatly have a better rig than consoles.

The ps4 has a jaguar processor that's 8 cores... But those 8 cores are slow as piss and it has a 7850 equivalent graphics card.... A midrange gpu.

So again... You don't need much in the way of horsepower to make consoles **** themselves.
---
"Because you aren't allowed to be excited about anything anymore. Welcome to trollfaqs. -Sparkitup"
#15x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 7/14/2014 6:09:31 PM(edited)
pnut3844 posted...
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
Madmax1985 posted...
pnut3844 posted...

You ladies completely missed what I said. You saw the bold statement and immediately went into rage mode. I said people praise pc for having all the up to date hardware thats more powerful than consoles. My point was, to keep it up to date, you have to constantly buy new hardware that comes out. I never said you have to constantly buy it to be satisfied, I said you have to constantly update to be able to justify that claim.

You're still making a blanket statement. Just because a new card came out doesn't make an older one out of date. It can still play the games on Ultra with no frame drops. Being out of date isn't the same thing as being an older generation card.
#16Boogs34Posted 7/14/2014 6:09:29 PM
Lol simple economics dictate games will not be at release day price.
#17holden4everPosted 7/14/2014 6:46:02 PM
pnut3844 posted...
My point was, to keep it up to date, you have to constantly buy new hardware that comes out.

Which is wrong. I have an X4 955, 550ti and 4 gb ram and can play just about every game out there. I can't play Watch Dogs because that needs 6gb ram. I got that about 3-4 years ago and I'm only upgrading this year for GTA V and Star Citizen.
---
http://thebulldogs.com.au/media/logo_2010.png http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j137/holden4ever/ripqld.jpg
#18crucialPosted 7/15/2014 7:27:55 PM
Problem I have with PC is that all those exclusive games they do not get,I do love Steam's prices and the power my PC gives me but if I want a certain game like Dark Souls or Uncharted I am screwed and if I can buy a 1000 dollar PC I can pay more to get a game that is not on PC on my consoles,plus my X1 can do much more then just game,I watch TV,music,Netflix,Hulu,Youtube all on the fly on my TV with voice commands on my favorite controller and just the ease of everything,I just get games on my PC that I can't get anywhere else,indies and niche titles.

IMO PC is great but you would miss out on so much if that is all you had,can I play MKX on my PC or any other fighting game?have you tried to play a platformer or a sports title on a PC?ya its not as good on that platform,could I buy KI,SSO,Gears or Halo MCC on PC?ya that is what I thought.
#19kungfuj0Posted 7/15/2014 9:33:54 PM
Here's the thing for the pro pc crowd here.

How much did you have to spend for your original equipment? And before you answer, keep in mind that I have been building my own pc's for years now, so I have some idea of the costs of these things.

I've seen some pretty nice cards and cpus mentioned here. Some of those parts could EASILY have gone for anywhere from $300-600 or more by themselves. For a really good gaming pc, you are likely to spend $800-1200 or more. That's 2-3 ps4's or kinectless xbones.

For that kind of money, you BETTER have better graphics and performance!!!

The bottom line in this to me is that there are pros and cons to both sides of it. Yes, pc's can have better graphics and whatnot, but your initial cost is likely to be higher depending on how good you want your equipment to be. There are also things like driver issues that can plague the living **** out of pc owners.

Meanwhile with consoles, everything is nice and easy for you...no drivers to worry about or system requirements to deal with, and no potentially high startup cost. However, you are more limited in what you can do with games (no modding), you have to pay for online, and you are at the whims of MS and Sony hoping for sales on games, whereas there are almost always sales on pc games, which are lower in price to begin with.

None of these platforms are perfect. They all have holes. The best any of us can do is to try to find the one whose holes match up best with what we can deal with.

To answer TC's question, I am already a part time pc gamer, so the switch won't be THAT difficult. It'll be a while before I jump in full time though, because I have a nice-sized 360 backlog, and I never even bought a ps3, so there's that as well.
---
Sometimes I honestly think that Online is the WORST thing that ever happened to gaming.
#20TenzhiPosted 7/15/2014 9:48:17 PM
I won't switch to PC gaming until I find it as convenient and simple as console gaming. Which means being able to buy a PC for a reasonable price at a number of convenient stores, take it home, unbox it, plug it into the TV, and - perhaps after a few automated software updates - be able to play every game available on the platform from The Almighty Couch.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.