Help with gaming montiors

#1BeekBeekDanPosted 7/14/2014 10:28:03 PM
I'm looking to buy a gaming monitor to play fps games on the Xbox one, mostly Halo MCC. I've narrowed my search to these two monitors and was wondering if anyone could help me out on which one to buy.

http://www.amazon.com/VG248QE-24-Inch-Screen-LED-lit-Monitor/dp/B00B2HH7G0/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1405401497&sr=1-1&keywords=Asus+VG248QE

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014374&cm_re=BenQ_RL2460HT-_-24-014-374-_-Product

I understand that I wont be getting the full benefit from the the Asus since Xbox one doesnt support 144hz. I strictly narrowed my search by trying to figure out which monitor has the least amount of input lag.

From the research i have found it seems the BenQ monitor is almost the same monitor as this other monitor:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014345

The reason why i prefer the other one is the stand.

If anyone knows alot about monitors and will help me decide it will be greatly appreciated. And like i said i know the colors and image quality is lacking, i am more interested in input lag.
#2LooksLikeRainPosted 7/14/2014 10:50:08 PM(edited)
Most monitors have a game mode which practically eliminates lag entirely.
---
Hatred outlives the hateful.
#3BeekBeekDan(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2014 11:19:01 PM
I must be picky then because I could notice a difference. I guess another question is i hear that the input lag on the asus is 7 but is it only getting that score at 144fps? and since i wont be playing on more than 60fps does that mean that it really cant achieve that score? if anyone has these monitors do you feel any lag in fps or fighting games?
#4CapwnDPosted 7/15/2014 12:16:08 AM(edited)
inb4:

--"it doesn't matter because PS4 is 1080p/60FPS and Xbox One can't even do 720P/10FPS"
--"response time of 2ms is fine" (obviously not even part of the conversation)
--"if you're not gaming on 84 inch TV you probably don't even lift"
--"next you're going to say that you can feel the difference of a wired controller vs wireless controller. And don't get me started on Wired internet vs wireless internet"

I don't know the particular models you listed, but I'm guessing any TN panel monitor will give you pretty good results with a console. I haven't tested console input lag time (not sure how to do that) but I have compared a TN panel vs IPS panel vs TV panel. All three being higher performance model displays... though my Sony XBR6 panel is faster than my XBR9 panel, and the TV panel I used in the comparisons is the XBR9 (the higher input delay panel). I can dig up exact numbers if necessary, though I really don't want to... this is what I found, which should be pretty obvious:

TV was the slowest, the IPS panel was about twice as fast ,and the TN panel was about twice as fast as the IPS panel.

--TN panel monitor: BenQ High Performance Gaming XL2720T
-- IPS panel monitor: Dell UltraSharp U2410
--TV: Sony KDL32XBR9 (a tad slower than the KDL32XBR6)
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!
#5BeekBeekDan(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 1:52:58 AM
Both monitors I posted were TN models since Im not picky at all when it comes to picture when playing games. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me which of the two had lower input lag. Or suggest me any other monitor under 300 that will out perform the two that i listed.
#6rx54Posted 7/15/2014 1:58:25 AM
http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/
---
PSN - Hunched
Your posts are worthless because they are digital
#7BeekBeekDan(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 2:24:18 AM
^ thanks that's a really useful site for most monitors but they havent tested the Asus monitor I listed. Anyone know of any other website where it lists the display lag to the Asus model?
#8rx54Posted 7/15/2014 2:28:44 AM
BeekBeekDan posted...
^ thanks that's a really useful site for most monitors but they havent tested the Asus monitor I listed. Anyone know of any other website where it lists the display lag to the Asus model?

Don't know why you're set on that monitor.
It's input lag isn't going to be better than any of the other monitors on that site at around 10ms.
---
PSN - Hunched
Your posts are worthless because they are digital
#9BeekBeekDan(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 1:09:11 PM
Im not really set on it. On another website it said that the input lag on it was under ten. Im just wondering if that's only the case when 144htz is enabled which the xbone won't be able to do. I want to know the numbers when its not 144hz. Or just in general what are peoples opinions on which of the two are better on the xbox one