This has to be the single, dumbest PC to console comparison I've ever seen

#21Skynet82997Posted 7/15/2014 4:45:01 AM
Madmax1985 posted...
Metro last light is the best looking game so far, Look it up at max settings. Absolutely gorgeous.

It is stunning - I was watching a 4K video of it the other day - incredible looking game.
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#22Delta_F14Posted 7/15/2014 5:00:29 AM
Kazuya_80 posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
Kazuya_80 posted...
Madmax1985 posted...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diVUAbEBTwg Huh... Skyrim came out 2 years ago.... and looks better than those interactive movies.

skyrim doenst look better than infamous 3.

Modded Crysis, a 7 year old game, still has the best graphics around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v5KbZgQ0gY

http://uk.ign.com/images/games/infamous-second-son-ps4-161074/533f5830f4b4a86b65e323f8

http://uk.ign.com/images/games/infamous-second-son-ps4-161074?page=2

anyway, regardless if you say those games have better graphics, not many games on computer look much better

Are those visuals supposed to look good?
---
Vault Dweller > All other Video game characters
#23gamefaqwatcherPosted 7/15/2014 6:20:26 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
Kazuya_80 posted...
Madmax1985 posted...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diVUAbEBTwg Huh... Skyrim came out 2 years ago.... and looks better than those interactive movies.

skyrim doenst look better than infamous 3.

Modded Crysis, a 7 year old game, still has the best graphics around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v5KbZgQ0gY

Those lighting effects are bad (Hard to look at). I much preferred the skyrim example in this topic. That video was nice.
---
You're the hero Gamefaqs deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
#24MasteroftheArtsPosted 7/15/2014 6:41:32 AM
A couple of points.

A GTX 480 is so old, it's not even funny. It's a more than fair comparison.

The best graphics as of right now is modded Skyrim. Hands down. The video that was linked is weaksauce. With static mesh mods, custom 4096 textures, a photorealistic enb with full ssao+dof, ugrids 11-13, and enhanced lighting mods, you can literally turn the game into a movie. I've done it.

This is skyrim with just a few mods attached to it and a crappy enb.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/593663499463843959/D061A51B952EE0F660EB22F36482813C3FD5EA7B/

Even Crysis 3 doesn't look as good as Skyrim in most cases. Merely adding Realvision ENB makes Skyrim one of the best looking games.
---
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."
#25Juzten76Posted 7/15/2014 6:51:50 AM
That video is nothing but a PC fanboy reassurance video and the comments under it are just sad. PC elitists aren't even gamers. They're just hardware obsessed neckbeards.
---
"demoes are dumb anyway. just buy the game. solves that." - The Village Idiot
#26Jedi454Posted 7/15/2014 6:58:36 AM
Juzten76 posted...
That video is nothing but a PC fanboy reassurance video and the comments under it are just sad. PC elitists aren't even gamers. They're just hardware obsessed neckbeards.

The other day I summarised "Most PC gamers in a nutshell".

Most PC gamers in a nutshell

*Spend $1500-2000 on a Gaming PC*
*Buys Dual-monitors and fancy Razer keyboard & mouse*
*Buys tonnes of games for cheap and never play them*
*Plays mostly MMOs and MOBAs that can run off a $500 laptop*
*Brags about graphics and calls people peasants*
---
"Forza 5 isn't that much of an improvement I expected when compared to Forza 5" - Xeeh_Bitz
#27ExempliGratiaPosted 7/15/2014 7:09:49 AM(edited)
Are really people comparing to console games against MODDED pc games? Wow just wow.

How about comparing console games to the original pc version? Still silly but that's better than comparing it to a heavily modded game.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#28SabramPosted 7/15/2014 7:15:59 AM
Jedi454 posted...
Juzten76 posted...

The other day I summarised "Most PC gamers in a nutshell".

Most PC gamers in a nutshell

*Spend $1500-2000 on a Gaming PC*
*Buys Dual-monitors and fancy Razer keyboard & mouse*
*Buys tonnes of games for cheap and never play them*
*Plays mostly MMOs and MOBAs that can run off a $500 laptop*
*Brags about graphics and calls people peasants*

I mostly game on my PC, but i still prefer console overall. Heck right now the game i play the most on my PC is Dark Souls 2, and I use a PS3 controller to play it. My system isnt a beast by any means, considering i bought it over a year ago and it wasnt even close to top of the line then, but it still plays modern games at good framerates at up to 900p (since that's my monitor's max)

I'm no elitist for sure, and your comparison made me laugh since I mainly play MMOs and things like Terraria, Minecraft, and as mentioned, Dark Souls 2. I also run a modded Skyrim that looks great, Planetside 2 on max settings at 60 fps, and other things.

Oh, and the system I have that gets the MOST playtime out of anything is my Vita. Love that thing. Power went out last night for six hours, and I occupied myself playing FFX Remaster, Terraria, and Plants vs Zombies. Can't do that with a PC or console when the power's out.
---
Dark Souls 2 + Dragon's Crown crossover game needs to happen.
PSN: Sabram - NNID: Sabram - Gamertag: Sabram
#29ShippFFXIPosted 7/15/2014 7:23:14 AM
ExempliGratia posted...
Are really people comparing to console games against MODDED pc games? Wow just wow.

How about comparing console games to the original pc version? Still silly but that's better than comparing it to a heavily modded game.

People are comparing them because some console only gamers insist that pc games are inferior to their console versions. Modding is part of pc gaming. Just because console users don't have that in-depth customization doesn't mean PC gamers shouldn't be allowed to tout it.

"Let's compare the console games to the pc versions. Console always wins. Oh, didn't I tell you? You have to compare it using the same GPU, same hardware, and you can't list the things that pc gamesr can do that the consoles aren't capable of!"

Yeah... no.
#30ExempliGratiaPosted 7/15/2014 7:36:44 AM
ShippFFXI posted...
ExempliGratia posted...

People are comparing them because some console only gamers insist that pc games are inferior to their console versions. Modding is part of pc gaming. Just because console users don't have that in-depth customization doesn't mean PC gamers shouldn't be allowed to tout it.

"Let's compare the console games to the pc versions. Console always wins. Oh, didn't I tell you? You have to compare it using the same GPU, same hardware, and you can't list the things that pc gamesr can do that the consoles aren't capable of!"

Yeah... no.

Lmao.We are talking about comparing a game modded by someone that isn't the developer to look better vs a console game. Sorry that's just ridiculous.

Stop it immediately. Who gives a crap that modding is apart of pc gaming. It isn't the original game and the developers have nothing to do with it. If you're going to compare a game you compare the game as is.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia