This has to be the single, dumbest PC to console comparison I've ever seen

#31ThePaleRiderpPosted 7/15/2014 7:53:13 AM
I game on my PC as well as my consoles and let's get something straight, If I pay an upwards of $800 IT BETTER OUTPERFORM A $400 MACHINE! I mean seriously when you pay for more you get more that concept doesn't surprise me. And no don't compare modded games to console games. Of course your modded game is going to look better considering you can do whatever you want to it.
---
Valar morghulis
#32MasteroftheArtsPosted 7/15/2014 8:18:38 AM
Jedi454 posted...
Juzten76 posted...
That video is nothing but a PC fanboy reassurance video and the comments under it are just sad. PC elitists aren't even gamers. They're just hardware obsessed neckbeards.

The other day I summarised "Most PC gamers in a nutshell".

Most PC gamers in a nutshell

*Spend $1500-2000 on a Gaming PC*
*Buys Dual-monitors and fancy Razer keyboard & mouse*
*Buys tonnes of games for cheap and never play them*
*Plays mostly MMOs and MOBAs that can run off a $500 laptop*
*Brags about graphics and calls people peasants*

I like how your view of PC gamers are just stupid people who drop thousands of dollars for not other reason than because they like spending money. Oh, and a $500 laptop can barely run Dota 2 on low settings because they're using crappy integrated cards. A GeForce GT 750 can just barely reach 30+ fps for Dota 2, and that's the kind of card you see in $750 Laptops. Running an MMO on max settings would likely require even more. Guess you have no idea what you're talking about.

ExempliGratia posted...
Are really people comparing to console games against MODDED pc games? Wow just wow.

How about comparing console games to the original pc version? Still silly but that's better than comparing it to a heavily modded game.

ExempliGratia posted...
Lmao.We are talking about comparing a game modded by someone that isn't the developer to look better vs a console game. Sorry that's just ridiculous.

So what exactly is your point? That consoles are capable of putting out equivalent ports because they're holding this generation back due to their crappy hardware? I agree. The point of the video is that Consoles, graphics-wise, are terrible last-gen products and they demonstrated that with a 5-year old graphics card which still managed to outperform them when he underclocked it to the lowest it could go.
---
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."
#33ExempliGratiaPosted 7/15/2014 8:28:56 AM
MasteroftheArts posted...
Jedi454 posted...
Juzten76 posted...
That video is nothing but a PC fanboy reassurance video and the comments under it are just sad. PC elitists aren't even gamers. They're just hardware obsessed neckbeards.

I like how your view of PC gamers are just stupid people who drop thousands of dollars for not other reason than because they like spending money. Oh, and a $500 laptop can barely run Dota 2 on low settings because they're using crappy integrated cards. A GeForce GT 750 can just barely reach 30+ fps for Dota 2, and that's the kind of card you see in $750 Laptops. Running an MMO on max settings would likely require even more. Guess you have no idea what you're talking about.

ExempliGratia posted...
Are really people comparing to console games against MODDED pc games? Wow just wow.

How about comparing console games to the original pc version? Still silly but that's better than comparing it to a heavily modded game.

ExempliGratia posted...
Lmao.We are talking about comparing a game modded by someone that isn't the developer to look better vs a console game. Sorry that's just ridiculous.

So what exactly is your point? That consoles are capable of putting out equivalent ports because they're holding this generation back due to their crappy hardware? I agree. The point of the video is that Consoles, graphics-wise, are terrible last-gen products and they demonstrated that with a 5-year old graphics card which still managed to outperform them when he underclocked it to the lowest it could go.

Do you not see my point in my post? Slow on the uptake?
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#34ShippFFXIPosted 7/15/2014 8:29:59 AM
ExempliGratia posted...
ShippFFXI posted...
ExempliGratia posted...

People are comparing them because some console only gamers insist that pc games are inferior to their console versions. Modding is part of pc gaming. Just because console users don't have that in-depth customization doesn't mean PC gamers shouldn't be allowed to tout it.

"Let's compare the console games to the pc versions. Console always wins. Oh, didn't I tell you? You have to compare it using the same GPU, same hardware, and you can't list the things that pc gamesr can do that the consoles aren't capable of!"

Yeah... no.

Stop it immediately. Who gives a crap that modding is apart of pc gaming. It isn't the original game and the developers have nothing to do with it. If you're going to compare a game you compare the game as is.

Whether modded or not games look better on the PC as long as they don't have the optimization of a floppy disk.

Mods are part of PC gaming. The games literally are designed for that (stuff like TES) to be added to the game.

But yes, the console version of Skyrim was so much better with the game not even working correctly, silly me for not acknowledging how superior the console version was.
#35scoobydoobydontPosted 7/15/2014 9:02:03 AM
PC is better, it's just a fact. Console kiddies in denial of this are the gaming equivalent of global warming "skeptics".
---
"Why do you expect me to be rational? I'm a troll..." -Izraeil
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#36blitz_0623Posted 7/15/2014 9:02:37 AM
It's fair to compare a modded game to a console as it's part of PC gaming. What I consider unfair is comparing a high end graphics card (or more expensive) to consoles.
---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add
#37Bikes-Posted 7/15/2014 9:03:40 AM
blitz_0623 posted...
It's fair to compare a modded game to a console as it's part of PC gaming. What I consider unfair is comparing a high end graphics card (or more expensive) to consoles.

Wouldn't that make it unfair to compare consoles in general then, nothing is the same price, as long as you point out the price disparity it's not particularly unfair.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#38PStrifePosted 7/15/2014 9:04:16 AM
But your console is a gimped PC now, literally speaking.

We ain't doing any metaphorical talk right now.
#39blitz_0623Posted 7/15/2014 9:12:09 AM
Bikes- posted...
blitz_0623 posted...

Wouldn't that make it unfair to compare consoles in general then, nothing is the same price, as long as you point out the price disparity it's not particularly unfair.

Well when I say unfair I really mean stupid. Like if someone compares a console to a PC sporting a Titan. The best way IMO to compare is using a near equivalent PC in terms of price. I've seen people post combinations that match a PS4 price so those builds would be nice to compare
---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add
#40jessica73Posted 7/15/2014 9:41:16 AM
Jedi454 posted...
Juzten76 posted...

So bitter lmao
---
http://i.imgur.com/uAzPe.jpg http://steamsigmaker.de/bg/thebotqueen.png
http://raptr.com/badge/thebotqueen/ach.png