This has to be the single, dumbest PC to console comparison I've ever seen

#51ShippFFXIPosted 7/15/2014 12:55:17 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
Crystyn_7B posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
Crystyn_7B posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
The problem is that the current consoles aren't cheap.
They cost around what you would pay for a PC with similar specs, give or take $100.

The problem is that consoles are supposed to last you around 7 years, but with hardware that was top of the line 5 years ago.

So they're already behind, when they used to be pretty close to the top of the line GPU when released.

https://i.imgur.com/BJQb4bS.png

Of course, no one expects consoles to launch with a Titan, but a slightly better GPU would have helped both consoles out quite a bit.

That only bothers PC players though.

Unfortunately, it does.

It should bother everyone, since everyone would be having better games/graphics if this was different.

How so? They get what they pay for a device that plays games at the level of around a 400$ PC optimized especially for their configuration with a streamlined OS and exclusives.

The issue is that that " $400 optimized PC" used to be near top of the line hardware.

Right now, it's mid-range at best.

https://i.imgur.com/BJQb4bS.png

Previous generations, you always got more than what you paid for. The hardware in the consoles was always much better than the same price PC.
This generation, it's not.

People should care, because getting better games is better.
If consoles have better hardware, everyone gets better games.
It's quite a simple explanation.

^Implying consoles have better hardware.

^Implying $400 could build a current (at the time) monster gaming rig anytime within the last 8+ years.

XD
#52scoobydoobydontPosted 7/15/2014 12:56:25 PM
I'm happy we all finally agreed PC was inherently superior in every way.
---
"Why do you expect me to be rational? I'm a troll..." -Izraeil
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#53ThePaleRiderpPosted 7/15/2014 1:05:05 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...

Depends on your taste. What I also forgot to mention was the type of games people like. You can have a top of line PC for example but if you take a person like me that wants to play Persona 5 then my only option is to get a PS3. Then there are games like Zelda bayonetta kingdom hearts etc. Spec wise PC's are superior but what's good graphics and frame rate if I can't enjoy the games I want to play?
---
Valar morghulis
#54ShippFFXIPosted 7/15/2014 1:06:57 PM
ThePaleRiderp posted...

Depends on your taste. What I also forgot to mention was the type of games people like. You can have a top of line PC for example but if you take a person like me that wants to play Persona 5 then my only option is to get a PS3. Then there are games like Zelda bayonetta kingdom hearts etc. Spec wise PC's are superior but what's good graphics and frame rate if I can't enjoy the games I want to play?

Technically, emulators.

Other than that, I agree, though. I use consoles for exclusives.
#55leatheljPosted 7/15/2014 1:10:08 PM
PC fanboys out in droves why did you even bring this here tc? I hope your happy.
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#56ShippFFXIPosted 7/15/2014 1:14:39 PM
leathelj posted...
PC fanboys out in droves why did you even bring this here tc? I hope your happy.

People who play consoles and PC are PC fanboys for stating facts such as PC being able to look better?

Typical console fanboy.
#57MRL3G3NDPosted 7/15/2014 1:15:54 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
Kazuya_80 posted...
Madmax1985 posted...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diVUAbEBTwg Huh... Skyrim came out 2 years ago.... and looks better than those interactive movies.

skyrim doenst look better than infamous 3.

Modded Crysis, a 7 year old game, still has the best graphics around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v5KbZgQ0gY

which just supports my point...Crysis 1 7 y/o graphics have gone unmatched...it pushed PCs to the brink...things like water cooling were needed to run this thing modded and maxed...

EA saw that going balls out with the graphics was a waste...which is why Crysis 2 was such a disappointment...there was barely a difference between the console versions...they tried making it up by releasing texture packs for the PC...but overall crisis 2 & 3 don't come close to the graphic fidelity of Crysis 1

If you rig is huffing and puffing to run a console port...I call shenanigans... I think it's an optimization fraud going on...

The PC market absolutely DEPENDS on the sales of bleeding edge technology...if there are no games testing that, then why would I upgrade...just to get some shiney console textures to run smother, shinier?
---
Watch_Dogs-Dog Day (X1)
http://youtu.be/q08oNNp74uQ
#58scoobydoobydontPosted 7/15/2014 1:17:56 PM
ThePaleRiderp posted...

Emulators have that covered, and that isn't a small thing you can dismiss. You have over a dozen of the best consoles ever and their entire libraries at your fingertips, improved in every way. And all the recent consoles, they'll be right there too, eventually. Many thousands of games versus a relative handful of temporary console exclusives. The scales aren't balanced in your favor here.
---
"Why do you expect me to be rational? I'm a troll..." -Izraeil
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#59ThePaleRiderpPosted 7/15/2014 1:32:57 PM
ThePaleRiderp posted...

Emulators have that covered, and that isn't a small thing you can dismiss. You have over a dozen of the best consoles ever and their entire libraries at your fingertips, improved in every way. And all the recent consoles, they'll be right there too, eventually. Many thousands of games versus a relative handful of temporary console exclusives. The scales aren't balanced in your favor here.

There's a PS3 PS4 Xbox One Vita and 3DS emulator now? This may shock you but I play on both my PC and consoles. Certain companies like NIS Atlus etc NEVER put their games on PC. God forbid I actually enjoy gaming on my consoles and handhelds. And how long have PC gamers been waiting for games like Red Dead Redemption? The attitude im getting here is that anything that isn't PC is crap. Every platform has its pros and cons.
---
Valar morghulis
#60SoulTrapperPosted 7/15/2014 1:33:02 PM
ShippFFXI posted...

^Implying consoles have better hardware.

^Implying $400 could build a current (at the time) monster gaming rig anytime within the last 8+ years.

XD

It was perfectly possible to build a PC that easily outmatched the previous generation of consoles with $400 the last few years. You don't need a "monster gaming rig" to match or even outperform consoles.

Right now, you'd need to spend around $500 to get the equivalent of a console

MRL3G3ND posted...

which just supports my point...Crysis 1 7 y/o graphics have gone unmatched...it pushed PCs to the brink...things like water cooling were needed to run this thing modded and maxed...

EA saw that going balls out with the graphics was a waste...which is why Crysis 2 was such a disappointment...there was barely a difference between the console versions...they tried making it up by releasing texture packs for the PC...but overall crisis 2 & 3 don't come close to the graphic fidelity of Crysis 1

If you rig is huffing and puffing to run a console port...I call shenanigans... I think it's an optimization fraud going on...

The PC market absolutely DEPENDS on the sales of bleeding edge technology...if there are no games testing that, then why would I upgrade...just to get some shiney console textures to run smother, shinier?

This was proven with WatchDogs, which had a lot of graphics options deliberately left out.

Enabling those options not only made the game look a lot better, it also fixed a lot of issues, such as stuttering.

Ubisoft deliberately made the PC version look worse, so that console versions wouldn't stand out as looking mediocre.

I don't think it's a stretch to say that this is not the only game where the PC version is gimped to make consoles look better.