MS to announce its biggest job cuts (close to 6000) including Xbox staff

#101scoobydoobydontPosted 7/15/2014 1:40:55 PM
jon davis posted...

Can you just piss off for one topic and stop going out of your way to call me a troll?

Okay. =) jon is the best! Woooo jon!
---
"Why do you expect me to be rational? I'm a troll..." -Izraeil
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#102Cowboy082288Posted 7/15/2014 1:44:40 PM
Sorbetowulf posted...
I'm confused. Microsoft acquired 30,000 people from the Nokia merger.... and then laid off 6,000, mostly redundant positions from marketing and such.

So...

--------
24,000 jobs still around...

Well read the article and seems this is all that happened. So let the thread die now?
#103OkayPlayer1Posted 7/15/2014 2:05:59 PM
VellBell posted...
Wow Okay, before you start accusing others of not having logic, how about some basic logic yourself? You could use a dose.

I don't care about Microsoft the company. I don't work there, don't own their stock and currently don't even own their console. The BUSINESS of Microsoft has no bearing on my life whatsoever. But as a human being who is capable of empathy, I feel bad for those who lost their jobs. Regardless of how many they "saved", there are still 6000 people unemployed by this turn of events. THAT I feel bad for. Should Microsoft lay off 10,000 super computers, I wouldn't care. If they laid off that many people? Yes, I'd feel bad. Not for the business, but for the people. Not that hard to comprehend with basic reading skills.

As far as your comment about MS not restructuring, perhaps you should gather your ticket for the "I didn't read the article" train. Third paragraph of that very article that I "didn't read, yet you so OBVIOUSLY did" starts with what? That's right! "The restructuring." I'm not even trashing your precious company. Yet you single me out for, who knows what at this point. You obviously didn't read the article you are so fervently defending.

Point being, I feel for those who lost their jobs. And by this very article's contents, I hope this restructuring works to their advantage. I hope they use the opportunity to better themselves as a company.

As far as any other points you tried to make, I just don't care. Get your Internet conflict jollies elsewhere.

You do seem mad lol. How could you logically care about the layoff of people if you don't care about the reasons that they are laid off? And you say that "The BUSINESS of Microsoft has no bearing on my life whatsoever" when in reality the layoff of these people doesn't either, and its the business that you care nothing about that caused the layoffs, which you apparently do. How do you not see the logical inconsistency? Address the root cause of the problem, not the end result. Sure there are 6000 people who received a severance package and are now searching for a new jobs and that is unfortunate, from a holistic empathetic view you should still be happy that it wasn't 30,000 people with no severance package.

Yes, they used the word "restructuring" in the article but again, logic would look at the why they're restructuring and what type of restructuring it is before commenting, which is a result of the merger, extremely commonplace, saved more jobs than it cost, and is nowhere near the same as a corporate restructure.

I didn't single you out, I responded to your post on a public message board because after 90+ posts of continued drivel and comments that had no relation to the article, you continue to do the same. They're not using this as an opportunity "to better the company" its to reduce redundancies that have resulted from the merger. And I'm not defending MS, there's enough idiocy on these boards already and false information, no need to continue to bolster it.

Point being, you care about the people that lost their jobs (who wouldn't?) and have positioned this a negative move without any rational or understanding of why it occurred and have said you don't even care why, and seem to have gotten upset when being called out on it.
#104Laylow12Posted 7/15/2014 2:11:14 PM
Joey-Zaza posted...
Well good. Because I'm mad FOR you. How f***ing dare people come into this topic and start telling other people who did and didn't read the article? YOU read the article. I will read the article LATER.

So leave me the HELL ALONE.

VellBell posted...
That was somehow funnier to me than it should have been, lol.

Joey-Zaza posted...
Yeah that was weak. Sorry.
I get stupid when it's almost time to go home.

VellBell posted...
No worries, I was highly amused by it!

Rofl! Jolly Good Show Ole Chaps!!

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#105InfinityOver0Posted 7/15/2014 2:13:04 PM
sucks for the ppl who losing their jobs but ms just does not know how to profitably compete in the console market. 3rd generation and it still hasnt figured it out. ms really needs to sell the xbox brand to someone else and focus on business software again like it when it was actually successful
---
Hoping for a Cosmos season 2
#106slyman19Posted 7/15/2014 2:14:17 PM
InfinityOver0 posted...
sucks for the ppl who losing their jobs but ms just does not know how to profitably compete in the console market. 3rd generation and it still hasnt figured it out. ms really needs to sell the xbox brand to someone else and focus on business software again like it when it was actually successful

God that was hard to read. Did your brain just fart all over your screen or something?
#107PibugoPosted 7/15/2014 3:28:41 PM
slyman19 posted...
InfinityOver0 posted...

God that was hard to read. Did your brain just fart all over your screen or something?

Not to mention him calling this generation "the 3rd gen", I mean, I grew up on the SNES, but I acknowledge 3 generations existing before that generation, so I'm not going around calling the PSX "2nd gen"
---
The stuff I do/post isn't 100% BS -VeghEsther
#108jon davisPosted 7/15/2014 3:50:38 PM
Pibugo posted...
slyman19 posted...
InfinityOver0 posted...

Not to mention him calling this generation "the 3rd gen", I mean, I grew up on the SNES, but I acknowledge 3 generations existing before that generation, so I'm not going around calling the PSX "2nd gen"

He meant its MS 3rd generation in the console business you tit.
---
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.
#109AgentLockePosted 7/15/2014 4:12:13 PM
slyman19 posted...
DBGB posted...
If all of these lost jobs were strictly Xbox division I would say amen. But since they're not I do feel bad for those outside of the Xbox division losing their job.

What the hell is wrong with you?

+1 some people on this site really need to grow up.
---
The Xbox one forum should be called the "Xbox vs Ps4" forum.
GT: KB ReDZ (Add me for MCC/Destiny/Forza/Fifa)
#110Shadowfxd2Posted 7/15/2014 4:13:39 PM
didn't realize MS as a whole was doing that bad.