MS to announce its biggest job cuts (close to 6000) including Xbox staff

#31AceAndJunpeiPosted 7/15/2014 5:30:27 AM
blitz_0623 posted...
InjusticeReborn posted...
blitz_0623 posted...

Yup those 3 sure represent the board

Though I whole heartedly agree with you... I hate to be that person, but: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/69621962/789741219

:P

I called Ace for generalizing after one post. I bet you didn't even look at the topic I was talking about in that link you have.

Lol, if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

You got busted, fair and square.
---
You're like a puzzle that can't be solved, some pieces never fill the gaps
#32Kovalchuk_Posted 7/15/2014 5:48:37 AM
Welcome to the real world?

Once you leave your basement you will learn more about this.
---
3754-7115-0719
#33Exodus_PrimePosted 7/15/2014 5:48:52 AM
You guys are funny.

---
---
"Trolls are the dudebros of Gamefaqs. They just don't realize it." - curtland
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#34Cowboy082288Posted 7/15/2014 5:53:54 AM(edited)
Seems rather normal to me. They did a big marketing push for the release of the console and then for the spring games. Summer is always a down time for gaming, so less marketing.

I'm sure it will pick back up in the fall. Same for Nintendo and Sony.
#35illanonymousPosted 7/15/2014 5:53:24 AM
BPSatsuki posted...
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-07-15/microsoft-said-to-announce-job-cuts-as-soon-as-this-week.html

Some of the job cuts will be in marketing departments for businesses such as the global Xbox team, said the people. The European Xbox team is based in Reading, U.K.

The company had 127,104 employees as of June 5, after adding about 30,000 in its acquisition of Nokia’s handset unit.

sucks to see people lose their jobs, but i guess MS financial is not as invincible as most people think

pretty sure their financials are just fine. its more like corporate greed for more money.
---
"There is nothing to feel sorry about. You have not hurt me. You cannot hurt someone who feels nothing at all." - Victor Fries
#36shauntenninePosted 7/15/2014 6:05:52 AM
mrpic posted...
companys get rid of staff that they dont need all the time, its a money saving tactic not a reason to panic

Funny, cause when Sony does it this board (and the ps4 board) seem to erupt with doom and gloom "$ony is going bankrupt!!!!11!!1" posts.

Glad we all understand the situation tho.
#37EstocassassinPosted 7/15/2014 6:09:48 AM
shauntennine posted...
mrpic posted...
companys get rid of staff that they dont need all the time, its a money saving tactic not a reason to panic

Funny, cause when Sony does it this board (and the ps4 board) seem to erupt with doom and gloom "$ony is going bankrupt!!!!11!!1" posts.

That was different sony also shut down studios and i think an entire sony division
#38TenzhiPosted 7/15/2014 6:10:58 AM
AceAndJunpei posted...
This board's attitude:

"Layoffs?! How will this affect the way people see my Xbox One?! Oh, just marketing guys. F*** 'em! Get jobs you lazy bums! Xbox is #1!"

Pretty despicable guys. They have families, houses, etc. and you only care about your Xbox.

I said nothing about the XBOX being number 1. And I certainly don't want people with honest, non-asinine jobs to get put out. So, if people are getting the pink slip and there's nothing I can do about it, then with a bit of quasi-gallows-humour I shall hope that it's the people with the most despicable jobs.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#39shauntenninePosted 7/15/2014 6:12:57 AM
Estocassassin posted...
shauntennine posted...
mrpic posted...

That was different sony also shut down studios and i think an entire sony division

Does that matter? As the quoted xbro already stated, it's a money saving tactic, not a reason to panic..

Oh my bad, forgot where I was. The double standard xbox board, as you've just proven.
#40ExempliGratiaPosted 7/15/2014 6:18:00 AM
shauntennine posted...
Estocassassin posted...
shauntennine posted...
mrpic posted...

Does that matter? As the quoted xbro already stated, it's a money saving tactic, not a reason to panic..

Oh my bad, forgot where I was. The double standard xbox board, as you've just proven.

That's not a double standard. Closing a game studio down is way bigger than firing some marketing people.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia