external HD question, new to this...

#1kennyynnooPosted 7/15/2014 3:31:28 AM
Got a WD 1tb, I assume I have to format it to work, question is can I use it on the side to put things like pics on it?

I wouldn't mind storing family pics on it in case my computer dies also.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#2_MrENigma_Posted 7/15/2014 5:13:37 AM
From what I've heard once the HDD is formatted to work with the X1 you CANNOT use it for anything other than X1 content. Maybe later with updates? But as of right now I really don't think you can set choose just how much space is used for the X1 and for other things like pictures.
---
XBL GT: "Wile E Nigma". 3DS FC: "0688 - 6570 - 4452". PSN: "WileENigma".
www.youtube.com/NotoriouslyInfamouz
#3kennyynnoo(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 5:26:14 AM
_MrENigma_ posted...
From what I've heard once the HDD is formatted to work with the X1 you CANNOT use it for anything other than X1 content. Maybe later with updates? But as of right now I really don't think you can set choose just how much space is used for the X1 and for other things like pictures.

Thanks, figured, have to find a new way to justify the purchase to the wife I guess lol.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#4_MrENigma_Posted 7/15/2014 10:13:55 AM
The fact that you have to install every game whether it's. Disc or digital. After installing Wolfenstein I'm down to 58 gbs. I have a 3tb hopefully coming soon. I need it pretty bad. Just look at what's coming from September onwards. I think there are about 11 games in October alone that I want to get. :-/Trust me, it's warrented.
---
XBL GT: "Wile E Nigma". 3DS FC: "0688 - 6570 - 4452". PSN: "WileENigma".
www.youtube.com/NotoriouslyInfamouz