Watchdogs

#1EstocassassinPosted 7/15/2014 9:13:32 AM
There's a few topics on the ps4 board about it so i thought i'd ask here and see what people thought of it?

The majority of people's opinions seem to just be meh, it's far from great but it's not the worst game ever either.

Meh pretty much describes it for me, I actually found the invasions to be really fun but they too became old fairly quickly. If the invasions included more variety, maybe some cool skills or traps etc i think it would have kept me entertained far longer.

I would probably give it a 6.5/10 and would like to see a sequel that improves on areas where this game is lacking.
#2regs8376Posted 7/15/2014 9:21:37 AM
It was okay. I got it for 30$ and feel like I got my moneys worth.
#3MRL3G3NDPosted 7/15/2014 9:28:39 AM
At the end of the day it's a GTA knock off...and even though it's next gen it pales in comparison to the scope of GTA5

The only thing that put this on everyones radar is that it was supposed to be the WELCOME to next gen game...Had the visuals been the same as what they debuted it to be it would have been a lot better...the ability to get lost in a realistic world with that much detail would have set it apart from anything before it...but when they downgraded the graphics it became another bland GTA knockoff...

The story was garbage...Aiden voice is B-Grade Batman and annoying...the graphics look like last gen...and little things like not being able to jump, no shooting from the car, only humans ride bikes, and there are always only 1 person in the car, there are a good 20 profiles that repeat, half of the unlockable skills I never had to use...

I powered through it, and it's not a horrible game, it's just that the bar was set higher, and it didn't have a chance without something significant to set it apart...like next gen graphics...6.5 seems fair

I tried to play online...although the concept seems very fun, the lag renders it unplayable...and I have a fast connection.

I ran a player over, and he was sprawled all over the hood, I jumped out to finish him off and he warped from the hood to behind me where he killed me with a shotgun blast...unacceptable
---
Watch_Dogs-Dog Day (X1)
http://youtu.be/q08oNNp74uQ
#4BlueJester007Posted 7/15/2014 9:30:05 AM
Meh from me as well. It just felt so empty even with all the crap they put in the game.
---
We get to the end of the hallway and take a f***in' s***!
#5Menocide11Posted 7/15/2014 9:59:42 AM
I seem to be the exact opposite of most people in regards to this.. I got bored with GTA5 not even halfway into the story(In fact I haven't enjoyed a GTA since VC).. and Watch Dogs was able to hold my attention throughout the story and I took care of alot of the side missions as well. I'm in the vast minority in regards to this though :\
---
GT - Menocide11
#6BeefEasterPosted 7/15/2014 10:04:43 AM
I finished the story and pretty much all the side content but I had to force myself to do so

the main story missions are so boring I kept putting them off by doing other stuff

eventually I ran out of other stuff and had to do them
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
#7slowdog76Posted 7/15/2014 10:07:29 AM
im enjoying it
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#8Juzten76Posted 7/15/2014 10:20:48 AM
Loved it at first. But just like every open world Ubisoft game, I was bored after 5 hours of playing it.
---
"demoes are dumb anyway. just buy the game. solves that." - The Village Idiot
#9f0rgePosted 7/15/2014 10:44:54 AM
Another meh here.

Seemed cool at first but then it gets old and repetitive. It's not a bad game but it doesn't exactly wow you either. I played to part way through act 2 and then randomly started playing Skyrim again, that should show you how well this game stacks up to other great games out there.

I would want to give it a 7, but 7 seems a bit high, maybe 6.9/10 for me.
#10HowiedodatPosted 7/15/2014 11:02:57 AM
Love it. On my 2nd play through on ps4 and first play through on xbox 1. By no means a perfect game, and i have a few gripes, but it is what it is and I hope the sequel brings more to the game.
---
Note to self. I like cake. `Stan Smith