Can you hear your xbox one when it's turned on in a dead silent room?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Can you hear your xbox one when it's turned on in a dead silent room?

User Info: RuinerEraser

RuinerEraser
2 years ago#1
I can and it worries me, it's not the disc drive as I have nothing in there. It seems to be either a HD or fan. I am leaning towards a fan. It makes a very slight spinning noise. Not grinding but more as if a bug was rubbing his legs together in the night lol, hard to explain.

Anyone else?
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)

User Info: kennyynnoo

kennyynnoo
2 years ago#2
It's under warranty play it until it's almost up then do something about imo and don't worry.
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.

User Info: AceAndJunpei

AceAndJunpei
2 years ago#3
I've never heard it while it's on.

Unlike the noisy PS4.

Still, nothing beats my jet engine 360.
You're like a puzzle that can't be solved, some pieces never fill the gaps

User Info: Kipbondur

Kipbondur
2 years ago#4
What kind of bug does it sound like? That could help pinpoint what's wrong with your Xbox.

RuinerEraser
2 years ago#5
Kipbondur posted...
What kind of bug does it sound like? That could help pinpoint what's wrong with your Xbox.

Like a cricket if he were only to finish 10% of his crick. LOL
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)

RuinerEraser
2 years ago#6
kennyynnoo posted...
It's under warranty play it until it's almost up then do something about imo and don't worry.

Good point!

User Info: slyman19

slyman19
2 years ago#7
Have you tried putting your ear up to the power brick? Mine makes a pretty annoying noise.

User Info: Hucast9

Hucast9
2 years ago#8
Exactly how much noise do you hear, tc? Do you only hear this noise in a dead silent room? If that's the case, then there's not much of a problem there. The problem would be if you hear noise even with the volume turned up.

For example, My 5+ year old fat Falcon Xbox 360 sounds like a jet engine. I can hear that sound even through high game volume or through other noise sources such as a cooling fan blowing at me. That's real console noise. Noise that is audible only in a dead silent room is not anything worth mentioning.

There will always be noise in a console that has a cooling fan in it. The real question is: Can you hear that noise with the game volume turned up. Honestly, the most quiet system I have ever owned is the 160gb slim PS3 (not super slim). This thing is dead silent even after 3+ years.

Edit: Now I see you added that it's a cricket sounding noise. I thought you meant cooling fan noise.

User Info: Kipbondur

Kipbondur
2 years ago#9
RuinerEraser posted...
Kipbondur posted...

Like a cricket if he were only to finish 10% of his crick. LOL

Must be something with its tubes.

User Info: Hudson_RL

Hudson_RL
2 years ago#10
It could be the power brick? Mine made a loud fan noise but that was because it was plugged into a surge protector. Plugged it straight into the wall and within a day or two it went back to being dead silent.
Follow the Buzzards...
GT: Hudson RL (PSN: HudsonRL)
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Can you hear your xbox one when it's turned on in a dead silent room?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived