Can you hear your xbox one when it's turned on in a dead silent room?

#1RuinerEraserPosted 7/15/2014 11:10:29 AM
I can and it worries me, it's not the disc drive as I have nothing in there. It seems to be either a HD or fan. I am leaning towards a fan. It makes a very slight spinning noise. Not grinding but more as if a bug was rubbing his legs together in the night lol, hard to explain.

Anyone else?
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)
#2kennyynnooPosted 7/15/2014 11:11:50 AM
It's under warranty play it until it's almost up then do something about imo and don't worry.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#3AceAndJunpeiPosted 7/15/2014 11:13:33 AM
I've never heard it while it's on.

Unlike the noisy PS4.

Still, nothing beats my jet engine 360.
---
You're like a puzzle that can't be solved, some pieces never fill the gaps
#4KipbondurPosted 7/15/2014 11:14:49 AM
What kind of bug does it sound like? That could help pinpoint what's wrong with your Xbox.
#5RuinerEraser(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 11:19:50 AM
Kipbondur posted...
What kind of bug does it sound like? That could help pinpoint what's wrong with your Xbox.

Like a cricket if he were only to finish 10% of his crick. LOL
---
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)
#6RuinerEraser(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 11:20:06 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
It's under warranty play it until it's almost up then do something about imo and don't worry.

Good point!
---
#7slyman19Posted 7/15/2014 11:23:28 AM
Have you tried putting your ear up to the power brick? Mine makes a pretty annoying noise.
#8Hucast9Posted 7/15/2014 11:26:20 AM(edited)
Exactly how much noise do you hear, tc? Do you only hear this noise in a dead silent room? If that's the case, then there's not much of a problem there. The problem would be if you hear noise even with the volume turned up.

For example, My 5+ year old fat Falcon Xbox 360 sounds like a jet engine. I can hear that sound even through high game volume or through other noise sources such as a cooling fan blowing at me. That's real console noise. Noise that is audible only in a dead silent room is not anything worth mentioning.

There will always be noise in a console that has a cooling fan in it. The real question is: Can you hear that noise with the game volume turned up. Honestly, the most quiet system I have ever owned is the 160gb slim PS3 (not super slim). This thing is dead silent even after 3+ years.

Edit: Now I see you added that it's a cricket sounding noise. I thought you meant cooling fan noise.
#9KipbondurPosted 7/15/2014 11:24:40 AM
RuinerEraser posted...
Kipbondur posted...

Like a cricket if he were only to finish 10% of his crick. LOL

Must be something with its tubes.
#10Hudson_RLPosted 7/15/2014 11:26:23 AM
It could be the power brick? Mine made a loud fan noise but that was because it was plugged into a surge protector. Plugged it straight into the wall and within a day or two it went back to being dead silent.
---
Follow the Buzzards...
GT: Hudson RL (PSN: HudsonRL)