Can you hear your xbox one when it's turned on in a dead silent room?

#11RuinerEraser(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 11:26:33 AM
Hucast9 posted...
Exactly how much noise do you hear, tc? Do you only hear this noise in a dead silent room? If that's the case, then there's not much of a problem there. The problem would be if you hear noise even with the volume turned up.

For example, My 5+ year old fat Falcon Xbox 360 sounds like a jet engine. I can hear that sound even through high game volume or through other noise sources such as a cooling fan blowing at me. That's real console noise. Noise that is audible only in a dead silent room is not anything worth mentioning.

There will always be noise in a console that has a cooling fan is it. The real question is: Can you hear that noise with the game volume turned up. Honestly, the most quiet system I have ever owned is the 160gb slim PS3 (not super slim). This thing is dead silent even after 3+ years.

I can only really hear it when all sound is turned off and my gf had left for work, apartment is made of conceate so it's pretty quite in here...a little too quiet. :( (minus the cricket sounding xbox 1)

I feel less worried now, everything seems to run fine. I could easily go inside of it and fix it or lookaround (electronics and mechanic background) but I would ruin the warranty.
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)
#12Mr_KillstreakPosted 7/15/2014 11:27:43 AM
TC, do you have a Kinect-less One, if so then I think I hear what you are describing with my Kinect-less model.
#13RuinerEraser(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 11:30:23 AM
Okay I checked the brick as a user suggested and it's not that, I did however put my ear right up to the console while it's on and it's a fan forsure. It's coming from the top right or top side of the console where the power button is.

Poor lil guy is probably a bit dusty.
---
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)
#14RuinerEraser(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 11:31:08 AM
Mr_Killstreak posted...
TC, do you have a Kinect-less One, if so then I think I hear what you are describing with my Kinect-less model.

I have the kinect version. It's like a whirlling higher pitched.
---
#15EstocassassinPosted 7/15/2014 11:41:51 AM
RuinerEraser posted...
Kipbondur posted...
What kind of bug does it sound like? That could help pinpoint what's wrong with your Xbox.

Like a cricket if he were only to finish 10% of his crick. LOL

Yeah thats your hard drive, everyone should be able to hear that.
#16RuinerEraser(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 11:51:05 AM
Estocassassin posted...
RuinerEraser posted...
Kipbondur posted...
What kind of bug does it sound like? That could help pinpoint what's wrong with your Xbox.

Like a cricket if he were only to finish 10% of his crick. LOL

Yeah thats your hard drive, everyone should be able to hear that.

Not a hard drive noise, I know what those sound like. This is a fan. Hard drives don't normally write/read when the system is on standby mode. Also hard drives don't give off a constant sound unless they are active.
---
#17strachanatorPosted 7/17/2014 2:28:18 AM
RuinerEraser posted...
I can and it worries me, it's not the disc drive as I have nothing in there. It seems to be either a HD or fan. I am leaning towards a fan. It makes a very slight spinning noise. Not grinding but more as if a bug was rubbing his legs together in the night lol, hard to explain.

Anyone else?

I had the exact same problem, it was incredibly infuriating so I got a refund.

I spoke to a friend about it and she said she has the same problem too and that Microsoft tech support said it was a fault.
#18desert_santaPosted 7/17/2014 3:18:37 AM
I hear a slight noise, quieter than my 360/ps3 slim, wii u and ps4. Though I have been told some people have both louder and quieter ps4s than mine.

Only system that gave me trouble this gen was the vita though(does that even make any sound?).