PSA Today is the last day to comment on the FCC's decision on net neutrality.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. PSA Today is the last day to comment on the FCC's decision on net neutrality.
1 year ago#21
ShippFFXI posted...
ejay8320 posted...
RuinerEraser posted...
I live in Canada, where our internet is as free and rugged as the trees that provide us with maple syrup.

Also Beer.

What alternate dimension Canada do you live in? Just over 2 years ago Bell was trying to enforce a 60gig Monthly Usage Cap on 15mbps speeds for almost $80(before taxes)

The Canada where mommy and/or daddy pays for internet. Seems to be the common theme in console threads where a child who doesn't actually pay for their internet wants to pretend as if they know what they're talking about.

Mentioning beer further drives that point home. No self respecting adult orders a Canadian beer. Not even Canadians. :P

That or I don't even have the option to go under Bell where I live, I have a local company who does a very high speed internet for 70 bucks, which I pay for. I also pay for my rent and my car and everything else I own. I'm sorry that you have crappy internet and you think everybody on gamefaqs lives with mom and dad.

Not the case son.
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)
1 year ago#22
HiddenRoar posted...
PoweredMilkMan posted...
Here is a example

MS wants to pay cable companies a bunch of money to cripple your speeds to you other means of gaming. So bad it will be unplayable. If you want to game online the xbox will be your only means to do so.

Why would MS do that?
To already prove their in-the-gutter reputation to everyone else who didn't pay attention to the X1's reveal and the subsequent months following it?

ShippFFXI posted...
snip

Insults. How cute.
I'll enjoy watching you have a mental breakdown when it happens.

You have absolutely NO IDEA what the hell you're talking about and either don't care about embarrassing yourself or are a huge troll. Pick one.
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.
1 year ago#23
ejay8320 posted...
RuinerEraser posted...
I live in Canada, where our internet is as free and rugged as the trees that provide us with maple syrup.

Also Beer.

What alternate dimension Canada do you live in? Just over 2 years ago Bell was trying to enforce a 60gig Monthly Usage Cap on 15mbps speeds for almost $80(before taxes)

No Bell where I live thankfully, I live in MB where we have blazing fast internet for pretty fair prices. Also no caps.
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)
1 year ago#24
HiddenRoar posted...
PoweredMilkMan posted...
Here is a example

MS wants to pay cable companies a bunch of money to cripple your speeds to you other means of gaming. So bad it will be unplayable. If you want to game online the xbox will be your only means to do so.

Why would MS do that?
To already prove their in-the-gutter reputation to everyone else who didn't pay attention to the X1's reveal and the subsequent months following it?

ShippFFXI posted...
snip

Insults. How cute.
I'll enjoy watching you have a mental breakdown when it happens.

I didn't insult you. At all. My post towards you spoke truth. You butted into a thread about a subject you know, apparently, nothing about. Then you made a fool of yourself by saying you don't live in BFE USA.

Hint: Since you didn't get it the first time, you're still affected if you're in North America. Even if you live outside of the US and in Canada or Mexico, you're a fool if you think this won't happen to your country.

Next time, learn what the topic is about before shooting off your uneducated insults and maybe you can add to the discussion instead of derailing it when you STILL don't get it.
1 year ago#25
RuinerEraser posted...
ShippFFXI posted...
ejay8320 posted...
RuinerEraser posted...

Also Beer.

The Canada where mommy and/or daddy pays for internet. Seems to be the common theme in console threads where a child who doesn't actually pay for their internet wants to pretend as if they know what they're talking about.

Mentioning beer further drives that point home. No self respecting adult orders a Canadian beer. Not even Canadians. :P

That or I don't even have the option to go under Bell where I live, I have a local company who does a very high speed internet for 70 bucks, which I pay for. I also pay for my rent and my car and everything else I own. I'm sorry that you have crappy internet and you think everybody on gamefaqs lives with mom and dad.

Not the case son.

It was a sarcastic joke at Canadians, hence the ":p" at the end.

If you're familiar with what the thread is about, you'd know that speed of the internet has nothing to do with it. It's kinda funny how people want to act as if their input is valid in this thread when they don't even know what the heck is being discussed, though.

This had nothing to do with living in a state that has crappy internet tubes.

This had to do with charging people for specific things on the internet.

Want to game? "Oh, that'll be another $20 for us to allow you to connect to gaming servers." "Sorry, you need to pay $9.99 for a month of YouTube." "Oh you have Netflix? That'll be an extra $15 on your internet bill to access their servers, for which your already paying them to access."

Seriously people, if you don't know what the thread is about, either research it or shut your mouth. There is no point in making asinine comments completely unrelated since you're too lazy to use Google.
1 year ago#26
HiddenRoar posted...
You know you are on the Xbox One board.

What exactly does this have to do with the Xbox One?

Go back to the PC/Political board.

It has everything to do with any internet connected device or any one that uses the internet , yes including you and your Xbox One.

This might only pertain to the USA at the moment or if you use US web sites but if they succeed and then start raking in a few extra billion dollars from it , it's highly probable the world will follow.
---
---
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life......Winston Churchill
1 year ago#27
HiddenRoar posted...
_Doomguy_ posted...
Do you want slow internet connection?

I'm not living in Bum**** nowhere, USA.
Care to explain how this even affects countries outside the anyways?

To put it simply, your ISP will have the power to throttle any of your favorite sites or online services unless they pay for higher speeds. So they could throttle XBL/PSN and force Sony and Microsoft to pay extra to have faster speed. And guess who gets to foot that bill in the end.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/
1 year ago#28
Sith Jedi posted...
HiddenRoar posted...
_Doomguy_ posted...
Do you want slow internet connection?

I'm not living in Bum**** nowhere, USA.
Care to explain how this even affects countries outside the anyways?

To put it simply, your ISP will have the power to throttle any of your favorite sites or online services unless they pay for higher speeds. So they could throttle XBL/PSN and force Sony and Microsoft to pay extra to have faster speed. And guess who gets to foot that bill in the end.

Exactly, this is why they are raising the price of Netflix. They have to pay comcast now. And where do they get the money from that? By charging the consumer more.
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU/Steam - bloodandbourbon
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. PSA Today is the last day to comment on the FCC's decision on net neutrality.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived