Are physical games superior to digital games?

#11wskingwsPosted 7/15/2014 1:20:50 PM
Yes because they have something digital games don't have: resell value. I mean I have nothing against digital games but that's just my opinion.
---
I am the voice of reason.
#12kungfuj0Posted 7/15/2014 1:21:26 PM
They are the same, technically, but I prefer physical.

If I want to lend it, trade it, or sell it, I can do that with a physical copy. I can't always do any of that with a digital copy.

Only advantage digital has, IMO, is not having to get up and put a disc in, and really...if we've gotten so lazy that we cant' even do that anymore, then we have some SERIOUS issues...
---
Sometimes I honestly think that Online is the WORST thing that ever happened to gaming.
#13scoobydoobydontPosted 7/15/2014 1:35:37 PM
Digital is better and more convenient.... IF the company selling it to you is trustworthy. So digital actually sucks in reality, but only because Sony, MS, Nintendo, and yes, even Valve all suck and you can't trust them. GOG is pretty much the only decent DD service.
---
"Why do you expect me to be rational? I'm a troll..." -Izraeil
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#14MicrosoftLoverPosted 7/15/2014 1:36:40 PM
True Gamers not only believe didgital games are superior because this generations best console, The Xbox One, tried to implement mandatory DRM but we would like those DRM policies reinstated promptly.
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
#15ShippFFXIPosted 7/15/2014 1:46:02 PM
MicrosoftLover posted...
True Gamers not only believe didgital games are superior because this generations best console, The Xbox One, tried to implement mandatory DRM but we would like those DRM policies reinstated promptly.

Lol

Implying microsoft cares about digital beyond how much money they can milk out of DRM heroes like you.

I miss when trolls actually tried.
#16sonicteam2k1Posted 7/15/2014 2:08:33 PM
you can resell physical games....

/topic
---
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games
#17scoobydoobydontPosted 7/15/2014 2:11:37 PM
sonicteam2k1 posted...

/topic

That isn't a selling point for everyone.
---
"Why do you expect me to be rational? I'm a troll..." -Izraeil
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#18Joey-ZazaPosted 7/15/2014 2:16:33 PM
MicrosoftLover posted...

How is this not disruptive posting with this constant dribble?
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#19boolzeroPosted 7/15/2014 2:50:01 PM
sonicteam2k1 posted...

/topic

Not everyone sells there games. Like I said in another thread, I don't sell my books, music or movies when I am done with them, so my mentality is pretty much the same with my games. I can understand that some people use it as a method to subsidize their gaming habit, but that is not true for all gamers. I personally still own every one of the games I bought, as well as the systems going all the way back to the Atari era.
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#20TenzhiPosted 7/15/2014 3:25:38 PM
Hucast9 posted...
Everything sold through the original Xbox on the original Xbox Live is gone, yet you can go to a mom and pop shop and pick up an NES, Atari, or Super NES game. Does this make digital inferior?

One can find all of those NES, Atari, and SNES games in digital format, and could fit the entire library of games from all three in one pocket, which I wouldn't recommend trying with the physical copies. Does this make physical inferior?
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.