Are physical games superior to digital games?

#21vashkeyPosted 7/15/2014 2:34:55 PM
Just physically owning the game is nice, you have more freedom to do what you want with it. One of the advantages of physical was not taking up hard drive space... but now everything has to be installed :/
#22kungfuj0Posted 7/15/2014 6:57:43 PM
Here is my problem with digital games in a nutshell.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Geometry-Wars-Evolved/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584107ed

Geometry Wars came out in 2005 at a price of $4.99.

It is still listed today, July 15, 2014 at the exact same price...

Now forget about that its only $5. That isn't the issue. The issue is that there has been no depreciation WHATSOEVER in almost 10 years.

Being a fan of basketball videogames, I went and looked a couple of days ago at NBA 2K14 digitally on 360. That game is still listed at $59.99 there, despite GameStop selling brand new copies of the game for $29.99.

As long as this is how they are going to run digital gaming, I will NEVER be a willing participant in it. That is simply not how things are supposed to be run, and I just can't ever see myself dealing with a system that works like that. Digital is convenient, sure, but the companies have ALL the power with it, and that is NEVER a good thing for the consumer.

Because of this and this alone, physical will ALWAYS >>> digital.
---
Sometimes I honestly think that Online is the WORST thing that ever happened to gaming.
#23eatontjPosted 7/15/2014 7:17:07 PM
kungfuj0 posted...

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Geometry-Wars-Evolved/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584107ed

Now forget about that its only $5. That isn't the issue. The issue is that there has been no depreciation WHATSOEVER in almost 10 years.

Being a fan of basketball videogames, I went and looked a couple of days ago at NBA 2K14 digitally on 360. That game is still listed at $59.99 there, despite GameStop selling brand new copies of the game for $29.99.

As long as this is how they are going to run digital gaming, I will NEVER be a willing participant in it. That is simply not how things are supposed to be run, and I just can't ever see myself dealing with a system that works like that. Digital is convenient, sure, but the companies have ALL the power with it, and that is NEVER a good thing for the consumer.

Yes. But it could only be available to everyone for $5 because of the digital marketplace.
---
www.FairTax.org
#24crucialPosted 7/15/2014 7:35:52 PM
Digital this gen,physical last gen.

Only thing Digital needs is the pre ordering bonuses which they are getting starting with SSO and Destiny,midnight launch on all games not just AAA titles,saves on power,your console will last much longer saving you money on multiple console purchases,the absolute ease of gaming with all digital,I can play all 14 of my games in less then 5 minutes without leaving the couch,a friend hits me up to play Titanfall while I am watching TV and boom with in 1 minute I am in a lobby getting ready to play on the fly,saves me tons of room,I have over 130 360 games that is just wasting space that I need.

I have nothing against physical but digital is the future so I am just excepting it now,I all ready buy all my arcade titles,indies and DLC which is all digital so why not just go all in.
#25kungfuj0Posted 7/15/2014 7:42:49 PM
Yes. But it could only be available to everyone for $5 because of the digital marketplace.

I'd rather have it the other way...
---
Sometimes I honestly think that Online is the WORST thing that ever happened to gaming.
#26sonicteam2k1Posted 7/16/2014 11:54:46 AM
scoobydoobydont posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...
you can resell physical games....

/topic

That isn't a selling point for everyone.

that's not the question at hand either. Whether you agree with it or not, it is a fact that physical is better than digital because of this sole reason.
---
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games
#27sonicteam2k1Posted 7/16/2014 11:57:53 AM
And... can anyone tell me how I can get a a copy of Ninja Gaiden with the "Intercept" technique...
---
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games
#28Bobsy84Posted 7/16/2014 12:00:00 PM
Physical are always cheeper in Europe so ill say they are superior as im a cheapskate.
#29MRL3G3NDPosted 7/16/2014 1:54:05 PM
The only reason I see...is that after you finish a physical game, you can get up to $30 off your next purchase...

I bought watchdogs digitally using xmas and bday MS points...and there is nothing to do with it...it certainly would be a game I'd trade in...I have no desire to play it ever again

There's only 1 pro to digital gaming and I guess it's aimed at the fat lazy gamer...they don't have to get up to put the disc in, or go to the store to buy it...

All of the pro's go to the publishers and they have done a good job fooling everyone.

They can't sell a digital title more than once
They don't have to manufacture a disc/manual/box
They don't need to pay for truckers or packagers
They don't need warehouses
They don't need to make deals with retailers to move their product

but hey...all of those jobs in the can, because you don't want to get off the couch
---
Watch_Dogs-Dog Day (X1)
http://youtu.be/q08oNNp74uQ
#30Reichmaster01Posted 7/16/2014 2:08:36 PM
kungfuj0 posted...

If it is still the same price 10 years later, it is actually cheaper: inflation.