Will CoD Advanced Warfare take the FPS crown away from Titanfall?

#71ht02135Posted 7/15/2014 8:08:56 PM
djimenez0628 posted...
When did Titanfall ever have a crown?

you are totally right. when did titanfail ever have a crown???
#72AltiarLioPosted 7/15/2014 8:14:27 PM
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
Call of Duty couldn't dethrone any FPS at this point. The series has lost its way each installment after CoD4. It wasn't such a negative leap at first but at this point the only question is will Advanced Warfare do the impossible and be worse than Ghosts?

But CoD is the king, why would it need to dethrone itself?

Source: sales figures.
---
http://sadbrazilians.tumblr.com/ ; You'll Never Walk Alone.
Adapt or Die. GT: Tyron3L1o
#73jellybeanmasterPosted 7/15/2014 8:24:03 PM
Titanfall never had the title. It had godly hype by but it died quick. Advance warfare is probably going to boost cod like mw did
---
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,
#74phillyeagles123Posted 7/15/2014 8:42:17 PM
Sebastian95man posted...
phoenix9291 posted...
Pokerkid777 posted...
We can all agree here, that Titanfall is by far the best First person shooter that has ever been made to this date. However, looking at the next excellent CoD entree, it seems to have its site to take that crown away from Titanfall. Do you think the next entree in the amazing CoD series will take away such an achievement that Titanfall has earned? Or will Titanfall remain supreme for years to come?

Nope to the bold.

CoD was pretty amazing...until MW2 killed the franchise

Fixed
---
Console War in a nutshell: "My plastic box is better than your plastic box!"
#75N3xtG3nGam3rPosted 7/15/2014 8:51:17 PM
Whats-his-face said:

you can try and qualify your own definition all you want, it doesn't make it correct.

exclusivity isn't an ambiguous term.

Exclusive:

1. Excluding or not admitting other things.
"my exclusive focus is on San Antonio issues"
(of terms) excluding all but what is specified.
synonyms: not including, excluding, leaving out, omitting, excepting More
antonyms: inclusive

2. Restricted or limited to the person, group, or area concerned.
"the couple had exclusive possession of the condo"

Saying Titanfall is a Microsoft exclusive is far from incorrect. While I understand people being annoyed when people call TF an exclusive, no matter how you spin it, other systems/platforms competing against Microsoft are not getting it, hence it being "Microsoft Exclusive".

Figured the definition would help those out who are having a problem.

Have a nice day.
---
ASUS p8h61-M (Rev 3.0) | Intel CORE i3 2100 | 8GB Dual-Channel DDr3 | 500GB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia GTX 770 4GB GDDr5
#76asa667Posted 7/15/2014 9:10:56 PM
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
Call of Duty couldn't dethrone any FPS at this point. The series has lost its way each installment after CoD4. It wasn't such a negative leap at first but at this point the only question is will Advanced Warfare do the impossible and be worse than Ghosts?

personally, i think treyarch brought some freshness to the series, withsome science fiction brainwashing themes, and of course (say what you want about COD in general, zombies is an amazing, adicting, and near flawless game) zombies spin off.

i would say that advanced warfare will be in many ways a generic variant mix of call of duty MW series, and black ops 2's future campaign.... personally, im waiting for the 20$ or less price tag, until the next treyarch COD/zombies game comes out
---
"if i were to pass gas, that would be a fart" -random koth youtube poop
#77jolll4Posted 7/15/2014 9:18:31 PM
Since Titanfall doesn't have the crown I'd say no. A CoD wouldn't be able to take it from any other game anyways.
Now all shut it and go play CS.
---
3DS code: 0361-7746-4221 - Joe
Kanto has more poison types than the rest of the gens combined
#78WhyitEarpPosted 7/15/2014 9:54:15 PM
No, it isn't possible! No game will ever top the greatest game of all time, Titanfall!!!
#79DarkReign2022Posted 7/15/2014 9:56:16 PM
Hard to take what it doesn't have. Hell, Halo 2 is still holding onto that crown right now and the MCC pack later this year will be it's new owner. 3 of the greatest multplayers ever created and Halo 3 on one disc and the return of servers for Halo 2 and CE. It. Is. God!
#80G_Thang23Posted 7/15/2014 10:08:35 PM
Are you kidding me? Call of Duty is the KING of FPS with over a decade's worth of instalments, while Titanfail was an overhyped next gen fad.
---
Think I'll take two chickens.