The Console War Is Over: The PC Already Won- Forbes

#11gohoanqPosted 7/15/2014 2:51:01 PM
PCs are PCs.. they have no place in anything to do with consoles, but always freaking find a way to butt in. lol
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.
#12scoobydoobydontPosted 7/15/2014 2:52:56 PM
You can play PC games with a control pad on your HD TV. Anyone pretending PC isn't competing with consoles and vice versa are fooling themselves.
---
"Why do you expect me to be rational? I'm a troll..." -Izraeil
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#13leatheljPosted 7/15/2014 3:05:14 PM
Ugh don't really care who wins lol I just want good fun games for my xb1 and ps4 as long as that happens consoles are not going any where.
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#14boolzeroPosted 7/15/2014 3:08:04 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
It's true, but it's more like mobile + PC won. Consoles are like the Amish, or VHS, or print magazines... I'm sure they'll stick around, but only for a very small niche who are stubbornly clinging to the past.

As much as it sickens me to, the realist in me has to actually agree with that analogy...
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#15boolzeroPosted 7/15/2014 3:17:47 PM
You can play PC games with a control pad on your HD TV. Anyone pretending PC isn't competing with consoles and vice versa are fooling themselves.

Very true. My plan here is saving up to build a new system that is going to be a "Steam Machine" for my living room for just that purpose; to use for gaming with Steam in big picture mode. I have over 200 games on my accountant part of the reason I don't play them as much as I should is because int have time to isolate myself to the computer in our bedroom, but out in the living room I'm more apropos to play a game on it the same way I do my consoles and not feel like I being a hermit tucked away in the back of the house while the rest of the family is in the living room!
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#16SoulTrapperPosted 7/15/2014 3:21:38 PM
nickr2d2 posted...
PC's are not consoles, so...

Also, there never was a console war. There will never be. Only a bunch of fanboys yelling at each other on the internet. That's not a console war. That's just sad.

Yeah, I guess that's why Microsoft said they want to be number 1 again, or why Sony took shots at the DRM or why Major Nelson wrote a 4 page essay on why 360 was better than ps3.
Because there is no such thing as a console war, right?

The "console war" is as real as both firms insane marketing budgets and what better way to supplement those than by adding a few of those yelling fanboys on top of that budget?

The "console war" is what we call competition and it's just as important to both companies as it is to people who enjoy video games because it leads to better games and makes sure there are options for people.
#17TenzhiPosted 7/15/2014 3:33:56 PM
You can play PC games with a control pad on your HD TV.

You can also cut your grass with a pair of scissors.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#18AwayFromHerePosted 7/15/2014 3:36:20 PM
If that were true, just based on the number of PCs available, companies wouldn't need to release console version of their games just to make money.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#19scoobydoobydontPosted 7/15/2014 3:40:29 PM
Tenzhi posted...
You can play PC games with a control pad on your HD TV.

You can also cut your grass with a pair of scissors.

Good analogy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_mrNQBLSMU
---
"Why do you expect me to be rational? I'm a troll..." -Izraeil
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#20killerbasaPosted 7/15/2014 3:42:31 PM
The war is over!!!

Parades in the streets. Testers and developers returning home. Rebuilding areas devastated by the Sony vs. MS vs. Nintendo battles. Healing wounds of those poor individuals involved in the conflict.

The world is getting better!