The Console War Is Over: The PC Already Won- Forbes

#21RuinerEraserPosted 7/15/2014 3:53:06 PM
I used to be a big time PC gamer, I was the first kid in my class to save up and buy a Voodoo 3 graphics card, we played hours of Quake II and Tribes. It was a great time in my life. As I grew up I kept upgrading my rig and finally decided that all of this PC gaming is just not for me anymore.

Consoles are super convenient, they are now media hubs and they play games that look great. All of that for a low price point. PC gaming is the minority, not the majority. The vast ammounts of money that are in the gaming industry is funnled into MS/Sony/Nintendo.
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)
#22TheArcadePosted 7/15/2014 4:04:09 PM
There can only be one winner. The one, Xbox One!

No but seriously XB 360 kicked ass this gen.
---
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends
#23KolanifvPosted 7/15/2014 4:05:32 PM
Forbes has turned into crap since they started allowing unsourced, user created blogs and content to carry the forbes.com URL.
#24scoobydoobydontPosted 7/15/2014 4:06:50 PM
Kolanifv posted...
Forbes has turned into crap since they started allowing unsourced, user created blogs and content to carry the forbes.com URL.

This gives me an idea!

*shows up the next day wearing a banana costume*
---
"Why do you expect me to be rational? I'm a troll..." -Izraeil
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#25Jedi454Posted 7/15/2014 4:10:49 PM
I'm not building another gaming PC, so get mad Scooby. I'm not hooking up a large expensive box to my TV that juices power like crazy, needs a mouse and keyboard to navigate, then ends up with problems, due to optimisation not being focused on PC as a leading platform because almost all multiplatform games are focused on console and ported to PC, which is why it's convenient for developers as well. They can better utilise the specs of consoles because they are all the same and that's why devs squeezed so much power out of the 360 and Ps3, which is why the XB1 and Ps4 may be underpowered to computer standards, but developers better utilise the specs of those systems. Halo 2 and FFXII pushed the Xbox/ Ps2 to it's limits, GTAV/ Halo 4/ Crysis 3/ The last of us pushed the 360/ Ps3 to it's limits.
---
"Forza 5 isn't that much of an improvement I expected when compared to Forza 5" - Xeeh_Bitz
#26Rome218Posted 7/15/2014 4:18:00 PM
If PC gaming won, why is it not mainstream enough to be at a best buy or wal mart ready to play new games?

The majority of PC gamers with the newest rigs are pretty much a minority. I'm sure more ppl have a new console than a hooked up rig.
#27Rome218Posted 7/15/2014 4:21:15 PM
Tenzhi posted...
scoobydoobydont posted...
You can play PC games with a control pad on your HD TV.

You can also cut your grass with a pair of scissors.

Haha, this is also the crazy thing PC gamers love to say.

Go hook up your 50" + display your big ass gaming rig so you can look like you live in a dorm and are somewhere between teens and adults. Let's not even forget the disadvantage of having to play on-line with a mouse, but the have to set up your entire living room so you can have a mouse to use the interface anyway until you load the actual game.

That's quite alright, keep your extra resolution and fps. Most PC gamers are on monitors anyway.
#28scoobydoobydontPosted 7/15/2014 4:23:02 PM
Jedi454 posted...
I'm not building another gaming PC, so get mad Scooby.

I'm so mad, I'm madder than Ceaser in the new Planet of the Apes I'm so mad. I'm so mad I just threw my laptop I'm using to post this out the window I'm so mad. I'm madder than Madballs ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madballs ). I'm madder than a drunk Mel Gibson when he found out Bradley Cooper would work with a convicted rapist on multiple movies but not him. I'm so mad I'm bout to put on a hat and throw a motherf***** tea party up in here. I'm madder than Peter Finch I'm so mad, and I'm not going to take this anymore! Let me tell you how mad I am...
---
"Why do you expect me to be rational? I'm a troll..." -Izraeil
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#29MusuoJoePosted 7/15/2014 4:30:02 PM
It will never be over because threads like this pop up daily.
---
>The World Is Yours< *Al Pacino*
#30nanikozoPosted 7/15/2014 5:12:46 PM(edited)
Rome218 posted...
Let's not even forget the disadvantage of having to play on-line with a mouse.

What am I reading here? Is this a new joke?