Magic The Gathering DOTP 2015 will allow you to create your own deck.

#21EnclavePosted 7/15/2014 6:33:32 PM
InfinityOver0 posted...
mrpic posted...
Hey op dont forget

no 2 headed giant
lots of the better cards permanently held behind pay 2 win paywall
game will cost 10$ and have premium boosters costing 2$ each (which are pemanently locked otherwise) totaling 28$ for all of them

38$ total

the game will have literally nobody online playing and whatever community there is will disapate fast when they realize the pay2win payment structure

$38 really isnt bad but not having every card is still stupid. premium boosters sound interesting, maybe wizards will start doing that for the paper cards

A TCG video game that uses a microtransaction model is a rip off if it costs more than free. You're better off playing Might and Magic: Duel of Champions or Hearthstone as while they have microtransactions? The base game is free and you can acquire boosters via playing if you want.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#22LooksLikeRainPosted 7/15/2014 9:34:54 PM(edited)
Enclave posted...
InfinityOver0 posted...
mrpic posted...
Hey op dont forget

no 2 headed giant
lots of the better cards permanently held behind pay 2 win paywall
game will cost 10$ and have premium boosters costing 2$ each (which are pemanently locked otherwise) totaling 28$ for all of them

38$ total

the game will have literally nobody online playing and whatever community there is will disapate fast when they realize the pay2win payment structure

$38 really isnt bad but not having every card is still stupid. premium boosters sound interesting, maybe wizards will start doing that for the paper cards

A TCG video game that uses a microtransaction model is a rip off if it costs more than free. You're better off playing Might and Magic: Duel of Champions or Hearthstone as while they have microtransactions? The base game is free and you can acquire boosters via playing if you want.

It really all depends on what you want to play.
---
Hatred outlives the hateful.
#23unforgivenghostPosted 7/16/2014 4:44:16 AM
I cant find anywhere saying this is out today/tomorrow?? Im in Australia and I'm hoping to pick this up! Was there something I missed?
#24KipbondurPosted 7/16/2014 4:55:08 AM
MTG is and always has been pay2win. Not sure if I'll be picking this up or just ordering some more paper cards.
#25InfinityOver0Posted 7/16/2014 5:08:21 AM
Kipbondur posted...
MTG is and always has been pay2win. Not sure if I'll be picking this up or just ordering some more paper cards.

i hate that about it. but unless youre willing to drop $100's of dollars on cards, you cant win consistently because there are so many ppl who are willing. i admit im pretty tempted to pick up a box of core 2015 tho...
---
Hoping for a Cosmos season 2
#26Crystyn_7BPosted 7/16/2014 5:14:11 AM
Kipbondur posted...

If you don't like constructed than just go to limited tournaments.

Everyone gets the same amount of cards from a predetermined set of cards and builds a deck with it to play against other participants.
#27KipbondurPosted 7/16/2014 5:23:51 AM
Crystyn_7B posted...
Kipbondur posted...

If you don't like constructed than just go to limited tournaments.

Everyone gets the same amount of cards from a predetermined set of cards and builds a deck with it to play against other participants.

Oh I'm not complaining. Was just stating the fact of the matter. I mostly play casual with friends but I do like playing in modern tournaments when I have the time.
#28lightfighterPosted 7/16/2014 5:35:43 AM
Awesome info! Thank you, TC
#29Crystyn_7BPosted 7/16/2014 5:37:33 AM
InfinityOver0 posted...
Kipbondur posted...

i hate that about it. but unless youre willing to drop $100's of dollars on cards, you cant win consistently because there are so many ppl who are willing. i admit im pretty tempted to pick up a box of core 2015 tho...

play limited then
#30RockguyKevPosted 7/16/2014 6:44:31 AM(edited)
well, I wish I had known this was on One. I was gonna buy it on 360 but Live wouldn't connect so I said "screw it" and bought it on Steam. I assumed it was 360/PC only like most other recent arcade games.

To no one's surprise WotC has done a terrible job advertising and explaining this game.

<<A TCG video game that uses a microtransaction model is a rip off if it costs more than free. You're better off playing Might and Magic: Duel of Champions or Hearthstone as while they have microtransactions? The base game is free and you can acquire boosters via playing if you want.>>

Except that both of those games are terrible. Duel is absolutely Pay to Win and Hearthstone has the depth of a kiddie pool.