Why do you think the X1 is having a hard time selling even with a price drop?

#41Shik_stickPosted 7/15/2014 10:07:15 PM
crucial posted...
People did not buy an X1 when the price drop was announced so a lot of people waited,it's in 26 less country's then PS4,it's summer time were all consoles struggle to sell,it will sell a lot more this holiday since PS4 only has Driveclub yet X1 is getting SSO,Halo MCC,Forza H2,KI S2,Ori and Project Spark will sell a lot more units with those titles and people are still enjoying 360 while a lot of PS3 users made the switch all ready.

Hype alone is helping PS4 since it really has nothing coming this year but this will change,in the end when this gen is over X1 and PS4 will be well over 80 mill units sold so these topics are pretty much hot air,I own both PS4 and X1 yet my PS4 never really get's played since it really has nothing,X1 does not have a great line up but at least it has something,overall both consoles will be great in the end,but you should not be worrying about MS you should worry about Sony about to fold losing all that monies they once had,in a few years Sony is going to be totally broke then what happens to PS4?

Hey dude, you're fanboy is showing.

Also, you're wrong on just about everything you said. I'm just gonna throw this out there for ya.

TLOU
Beyond: Two Souls DC if the rumors are true
Samurai warriors 4
Little Big Planet 3
DriveClub
inFAMOUS: First Light

And since you mentioned indies in your post i COULD go into the list of indies that PS4 is getting but the list is too damn big to count plus all of the 3rd party games that will look and play better with all of that exclusive content(which i honestly don't care about.

As for the rest of the absurdity in your post...did you really say people are still enjoying their 360s while most PS3 players made the jump like that is a negative thing? Newsflash...one THIRD of the PS4 install base right now are previous Xbox 360 ONLY gamers. Let me ask you something else as well...what game is worth playing on the 360 in, say, the last 2 years that you couldn't play elsewhere?

In fact, since exclusives matter most this day and age(going by what every one says) how many exclusives have the 360 had since the X1 reveal? Now think about haw many PS3 has had...

FFX HD
Tales of Xillia
TLOU:Left behind
Samurai Warriors 8 XL
Beyond:Two Souls
And how many more are planned still? I can't even list them all, those are just the ones that i personally am interested in...but there's more.

Listen dude, you like Xbox...that's clear. But don't go around just spouting nonsense that is in no way true like it's gospel. You just look ignorant when you do.
---
Teach me about bozongas!-Jude Mathis
Best game of 2013 , The Last of Us. Sony is on point!
#42jessica73Posted 7/15/2014 10:13:37 PM
People still don't seem to realize all that online/drm s*** is gone, I had my cousin ask me about it the other day. In reality, you'd think both would be selling like that until more only on xb1/ps4 games came out, but xb1 just had that bad of a pr hit.
---
http://i.imgur.com/uAzPe.jpg http://steamsigmaker.de/bg/thebotqueen.png
http://raptr.com/badge/thebotqueen/ach.png
#43loafy013Posted 7/16/2014 12:26:25 AM
jessica73 posted...
People still don't seem to realize all that online/drm s*** is gone, I had my cousin ask me about it the other day. In reality, you'd think both would be selling like that until more only on xb1/ps4 games came out, but xb1 just had that bad of a pr hit.

People who knew about the DRM know its gone. But they are also aware that turning it off was just flipping a switch, meaning turning it back on again will be just as easy.
---
The ball is round, the game lasts 90 minutes. That's fact.
Everything else, is theory.
#44NeoMonkPosted 7/16/2014 12:31:15 AM
crucial posted...
People did not buy an X1 when the price drop was announced so a lot of people waited,it's in 26 less country's then PS4,it's summer time were all consoles struggle to sell,it will sell a lot more this holiday since PS4 only has Driveclub yet X1 is getting SSO,Halo MCC,Forza H2,KI S2,Ori and Project Spark will sell a lot more units with those titles and people are still enjoying 360 while a lot of PS3 users made the switch all ready.

Hype alone is helping PS4 since it really has nothing coming this year but this will change,in the end when this gen is over X1 and PS4 will be well over 80 mill units sold so these topics are pretty much hot air,I own both PS4 and X1 yet my PS4 never really get's played since it really has nothing,X1 does not have a great line up but at least it has something,overall both consoles will be great in the end,but you should not be worrying about MS you should worry about Sony about to fold losing all that monies they once had,in a few years Sony is going to be totally broke then what happens to PS4?

This is good fanfic I enjoyed the read, when is the next chapter!
---
*Demands Sony and Nintendo release NEW games but is excited to play 10 year old remakes in Halo Collection* -XBOX1 Forums
#45StrongBlackVinePosted 7/16/2014 12:32:35 AM
axelfooley2k5 posted...
quincy2000a posted...
http://www.vgchartz.com/article/251682/ps4-vs-xbox-onevgchartz-gap-chartsjune-2014-update/

looks to be evening out

if there is any positive to be found there

VGChartz overestimates Xbox One EVERY month. They still lost the US again and it might be 50K or more.
#46quickposterPosted 7/16/2014 12:42:55 AM
snakes_codec posted...
The Xbox One was tainted the day MS announced it with all its unpopular DRM policies and online checkins to make matters worse they tanked at E3 2013 by sticking with there policies even after the negative reaction after the unveiling event they only changed when Sony announced no restrictions . They never change because you asked them to they changed because they had no choice there main competion had decided against restriction . In the eyes of a lot of people with or without the unpopular policies the damage is done and they wont buy it out of principle. Im sure im in for a torrent of abuse for posting this but its the truth for a lot of gamers weather you want to admit it or not.

This is exactly what I was going to say and its a theory I've posted on the Wii U board (despite a certain user's disagreement).

The policies can come back tomorrow and people aren't stupid. It amazes me how people underestimate the magnitude of what MS tried to pull. It isn't something like Circle Pad Pro. This is a market influencing decision and if Microsoft found success with it others would follow.

I seriously think the reason X1 is going to struggle through out the generation is because the damage is done. You won't get outrage from me man. Its the exact same theory I've held and no (you know your name) I'm not putting too much emphasis on it. It paves the way for corporate monopolies.
#47Rome218Posted 7/16/2014 12:48:43 AM
It's a good system and these babies need to get over it. Most of my friends from 360 are with my with our xbox ones. I always thought of XBL as way more of a social experience than PSN.

I like to play my games in parties, or play one game that the entire party is playing. PS3 was okay for playing games solo.
#48Rome218Posted 7/16/2014 12:50:48 AM
loafy013 posted...
jessica73 posted...

People who knew about the DRM know its gone. But they are also aware that turning it off was just flipping a switch, meaning turning it back on again will be just as easy.

What switch? o_O Also, after being hammered by the media for DRM and having their own fanbase hate them, as well as not selling as much as the PS4, why in the world would they turn it back on? Your posts sucks.
#49sammogardPosted 7/16/2014 12:54:33 AM
bad taste in some peoples mouth with last years e3. Sony fan boys talking crap on the xbox. real humans know resolution only matters to hardcore nerds honestly..

things will get better in time. but now everyone is jumping on the trend of going for what everyone else has.

ps4 is prob better but i hated mine i hated everything about it.
#50dnmtPosted 7/16/2014 3:23:21 AM(edited)
Jedi454 posted...
dnmt posted...
Amazon rankings of the TF bundle and Kinect Xbone since March:

March 1-15th 2014: Xb1 is #18 and #20
March 16-31st 2014: Xb1 falls to #21 and #23
April 1-23rd 2014: Xb1 falls to #23 and #27
April 25th 2014: Xb1 falls to #27 and #28
May 3rd 2014: Xb1 falls to #27 and #29
May 5th 2014: Xb1 falls to #28 and #29
May 20th 2014: Xb1 falls to #28 and #30
May 27th 2014: Xb1 falls to #29 and #34
June 5th 2014: Xb1 falls to #29 and #35
June 14th 2014: Xb1 falls to #29 and #36
June 16th 2014: Xb1 falls to #30 and #36
June 20th 2014: Xb1 falls to #30 and #37
June 26th 2014: Xb1 rises to #29 and #37
July 3rd 2014: Xb1 falls to #31 and #37
July 4th 2014: Xb1 falls to #31 and #39
July 11th 2014: Xb1 falls to #32 and #39
July 13th 2014: Xb1 falls to #32 and #40
July 14th 2014: Xb1 falls to #32 and #41

Keeps on droppin' and the Kinect-less Xbone has entered the top 100 just recently despite launching quite a while ago, now.

So you're keeping a track of every detail of the Xbox One? I didn't realise you were literally that obsessed with Microsoft. Wow.

Nah, this is from a different forum I go to. Good job avoiding the actual topic yet again, though, real elegant-like.