Wow, not even a year and I need a replacement Xbox One

#1Smallville_FanPosted 7/15/2014 5:24:24 PM
Got the X1 at Christmas, and here I am 8 months later, with no display because the HDMI port on the X1 has ****ed up. No solution from tech support other than "send yours away and we'll get a replacement". Really feeling disheartened with consoles at the moment, my PS2 is over 8 years old and it still hasn't had a problem. Absolute joke.
---
Taken: The best movie ever.
B.Sc of Computer Games Design
#2EstocassassinPosted 7/15/2014 5:25:45 PM
Smallville_Fan posted...
Got the X1 at Christmas, and here I am 8 months later, with no display because the HDMI port on the X1 has ****ed up. No solution from tech support other than "send yours away and we'll get a replacement". Really feeling disheartened with consoles at the moment, my PS2 is over 8 years old and it still hasn't had a problem. Absolute joke.

Unlucky bud it happens sometimes :(
#3MurryEB_Alt1Posted 7/15/2014 5:26:47 PM
Then don't get the free replacement, I don't know what to tell you.
---
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite sig on the Citadel
#4phineasfoolPosted 7/15/2014 5:27:07 PM
Smallville_Fan posted...

It unfortunately happens sometimes with pretty much all electronic devices. My first PS2 went out within about 6 months. I think the only company I never had any system go bad on me was Sega.
---
XBLive - phineasfool
NNID - phineasfool
#5Smallville_Fan(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 5:31:50 PM
MurryEB_Alt1 posted...

And have all that money wasted? I don't think so. Just don't expect a product priced over 300 to have such **** quality. Because that's what it is, and it's embarrassing for MS to release yet another console plagued with issues.
---
#6phineasfoolPosted 7/15/2014 5:33:03 PM
Smallville_Fan posted...
MurryEB_Alt1 posted...

And have all that money wasted? I don't think so. Just don't expect a product priced over 300 to have such **** quality. Because that's what it is, and it's embarrassing for MS to release yet another console plagued with issues.

Just because yours went bad doesn't mean it is plagued with issues. The majority aren't having problems.
---
XBLive - phineasfool
NNID - phineasfool
#7Jedi454Posted 7/15/2014 5:33:19 PM
These things happen friend, I bought an iPod classic 160GB back in 2012, a year and 4-5 months later it stops working and I only had a year's warranty on it, so be grateful your console failed on you within the warranty period.
---
"Forza 5 isn't that much of an improvement I expected when compared to Forza 5" - Xeeh_Bitz
#8PoloMan6Posted 7/15/2014 5:35:34 PM
LOL...with that attitude I for one am glad yours went belly-up.

Look forward to hearing other devices you buy breaking, preferably just outside the warranty period.
#9Smallville_Fan(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 5:35:51 PM
phineasfool posted...
Smallville_Fan posted...
MurryEB_Alt1 posted...

Just because yours went bad doesn't mean it is plagued with issues. The majority aren't having problems.

Actually, I've heard more than average complaints of disc drive failures, HDMI issues and freezing issues.
---
#10Smallville_Fan(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 5:37:54 PM
PoloMan6 posted...
LOL...with that attitude I for one am glad yours went belly-up.

Look forward to hearing other devices you buy breaking, preferably just outside the warranty period.

What attitude is that exactly? As a consumer, am I expected to just put up with that? "Hey ho, I've got a 400 console sitting here, and it didn't even last a year."

Would you just think the same if you bought a new car and it's engine failed within 6 months? I think not. YOU'RE the only person here with an attitude.
---