Wow, not even a year and I need a replacement Xbox One

#11phineasfoolPosted 7/15/2014 5:40:44 PM
Smallville_Fan posted...
PoloMan6 posted...
LOL...with that attitude I for one am glad yours went belly-up.

Look forward to hearing other devices you buy breaking, preferably just outside the warranty period.

What attitude is that exactly? As a consumer, am I expected to just put up with that? "Hey ho, I've got a 400 console sitting here, and it didn't even last a year."

Would you just think the same if you bought a new car and it's engine failed within 6 months? I think not. YOU'RE the only person here with an attitude.

It would suck and I would be upset, but I wouldn't start claiming the company sucks and whatnot as I understand that unfortunately this stuff happens. There is pretty much no electronic device that is 100% foolproof.
---
XBLive - phineasfool
NNID - phineasfool
#12Smallville_Fan(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 5:47:07 PM
phineasfool posted...
Smallville_Fan posted...
PoloMan6 posted...
LOL...with that attitude I for one am glad yours went belly-up.

Look forward to hearing other devices you buy breaking, preferably just outside the warranty period.

What attitude is that exactly? As a consumer, am I expected to just put up with that? "Hey ho, I've got a 400 console sitting here, and it didn't even last a year."

Would you just think the same if you bought a new car and it's engine failed within 6 months? I think not. YOU'RE the only person here with an attitude.

It would suck and I would be upset, but I wouldn't start claiming the company sucks and whatnot as I understand that unfortunately this stuff happens. There is pretty much no electronic device that is 100% foolproof.

I have reason though. I went through 3 Xbox 360's. 1 red ring, then 1 hard drive/disc drive double failure. Now this on the Xbox One, which is getting similar problems. Fair enough, if this was a one off. But this is consistent problems on 2 consoles in the past almost 9 years!
---
Taken: The best movie ever.
B.Sc of Computer Games Design
#13Shadowfxd2Posted 7/15/2014 5:50:07 PM
nice to see quality control is better on xbone than 360.
#14slyman19Posted 7/15/2014 5:57:43 PM
Smallville_Fan posted...
phineasfool posted...
Smallville_Fan posted...
MurryEB_Alt1 posted...
Then don't get the free replacement, I don't know what to tell you.

And have all that money wasted? I don't think so. Just don't expect a product priced over 300 to have such **** quality. Because that's what it is, and it's embarrassing for MS to release yet another console plagued with issues.

Just because yours went bad doesn't mean it is plagued with issues. The majority aren't having problems.

Actually, I've heard more than average complaints of disc drive failures, HDMI issues and freezing issues.

Lying isn't helping you.
#15Smallville_Fan(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 6:00:40 PM
slyman19 posted...
Lying isn't helping you.

Yes, I'm clearly lying for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Jesus Christ, GameFAQs at it's finest.
---
Taken: The best movie ever.
B.Sc of Computer Games Design
#16Halo3GAMEFREAKPosted 7/15/2014 6:15:50 PM
Smallville_Fan posted...
slyman19 posted...
Lying isn't helping you.

Yes, I'm clearly lying for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Jesus Christ, GameFAQs at it's finest.

Exaggeration = lying. So yes, you're a liar.
---
(My reaction to stolen kills) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkktKSjCHgo
#17BeefEasterPosted 7/15/2014 6:22:32 PM
I went through 4 360s in the first year

7 total
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
#18Golden MavenPosted 7/15/2014 6:38:50 PM
Smallville_Fan posted...
send yours away and we'll get a replacement

What else would you expect they do?
#19TOhasNoRingPosted 7/15/2014 6:46:51 PM
Stop flipping out to us TC. Yea it sucks that you need to get a replacement xbox one. I did too, but I didn't run to Gamefaqs to flip out and say and entire company sucks just because some people need to get replacements. Most xbox ones are fine. This happens with all electronics.
---
Intel Atom 1.20GHz - 512MB DDR2 SDRAM - Serial ATA 5400 RPM HDD - Intel GMA 3600
#20PannerPosted 7/15/2014 6:51:57 PM
Yeah it sucks when a console breaks, but sometimes it happens.
Anything built on a production line can and sometimes does fail. We humans arnt perfect.
Especially the cheaply paid Chinese guys who build the Xbox One, PS4 and WiiU and all the other consoles for that matter.
---
My Youtube vids
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL5BZ91u4U3n8m9L_wykcsw/feed?activity_view=3