Forbes: Xbox Not A 'Core' Part Of Microsoft's Business CEO Says

#21OkayPlayer1Posted 7/15/2014 10:55:36 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
OkayPlayer1 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
unless their business model rotates around losing billions of dollars (Which the Xbox does)

OkayPlayer1 posted...

http://www.businessinsider.com/chart-of-the-day-microsoft-losses-on-xbox-2012-6

"The Xbox is now a solidly profitable division. However, it took time to get there.

Did you read your own post? Being solidly profitable is not the same as having a business model that rotates around losing billions, which the Xbox no longer does. Only someone trying to intentionally put a negative spin on it would see it otherwise.

*edit* To help you understand, Xbox is now a solidly profitable division, as stated by reputable business sources. No disagreement that it lost money and may still have a total net loss to date, but again it is now a solidly profitable division.

Have a good day.

It still has yet to make them money and 2013 was a loss, it'll be a loss for the next few years due to the Xbox One

Microsoft still has to make 3 more billion to come out of the red since they first introduced the Xbox. You have to look at the product line as a whole, not just nit pick certain years and go, hey. They made a profit. They never recovered the money loss on the Xbox line.

Argue all you want, but if you add all the totals on that chart, it's in the negative. So what I says is still true. Microsoft has never made money on the Xbox One because they loss more than they ever made.

Trying to change the topic again haha. I acknowledged they lost money in the past but it is now stable and profitable which is not what you initially said and I refuted. And you have no idea what the future holds as you've proven you're financial analysis skills are, let's say subpar. Keep changing the goal posts, I'm tired now and everyone that reads your posts knows how ridiculous you've become. Enjoy being the worst troll on the boards.
#22Xeeh_BitzPosted 7/15/2014 11:02:13 PM(edited)
OkayPlayer1 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
OkayPlayer1 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
unless their business model rotates around losing billions of dollars (Which the Xbox does)

OkayPlayer1 posted...

http://www.businessinsider.com/chart-of-the-day-microsoft-losses-on-xbox-2012-6

"The Xbox is now a solidly profitable division. However, it took time to get there.

Did you read your own post? Being solidly profitable is not the same as having a business model that rotates around losing billions, which the Xbox no longer does. Only someone trying to intentionally put a negative spin on it would see it otherwise.

*edit* To help you understand, Xbox is now a solidly profitable division, as stated by reputable business sources. No disagreement that it lost money and may still have a total net loss to date, but again it is now a solidly profitable division.

Have a good day.

It still has yet to make them money and 2013 was a loss, it'll be a loss for the next few years due to the Xbox One

Microsoft still has to make 3 more billion to come out of the red since they first introduced the Xbox. You have to look at the product line as a whole, not just nit pick certain years and go, hey. They made a profit. They never recovered the money loss on the Xbox line.

Argue all you want, but if you add all the totals on that chart, it's in the negative. So what I says is still true. Microsoft has never made money on the Xbox One because they loss more than they ever made.

Trying to change the topic again haha. I acknowledged they lost money in the past but it is now stable and profitable which is not what you initially said and I refuted. And you have no idea what the future holds as you've proven you're financial analysis skills are, let's say subpar. Keep changing the goal posts, I'm tired now and everyone that reads your posts knows how ridiculous you've become. Enjoy being the worst troll on the boards.

How are they profitable?

They have yet to make a profit, are you dense? Just because they had a few good years at Xbox, does not mean it magically erases all the losses in the past so therefor, they never made any money.

and once again, the link you posted is for Microsoft's Entertainment division which includes much more than just the Xbox.

Also, here is more recent articles, not from 2012

http://www.neowin.net/news/report-microsofts-xbox-division-has-lost-nearly-3-billion-in-10-years

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/129463-Microsoft-Loses-2-Billion-Per-Year-On-Xbox-Analyst-Says

http://www.destructoid.com/analyst-microsoft-losing-2-billion-on-xbox-annually-265273.phtml

but you know, those analysts and investors have no clue what they talking about cause you da man, right?
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#23OkayPlayer1Posted 7/15/2014 11:08:44 PM(edited)
They are profitable cause now they continue to generate profit quarter after quarter. That's what profitable means and how they are lol. You know business is reviewed in fiscal quarters and years right? You really don't understand business do you? Nobody cares that MS lost 4 Billion in 2004 or 2006 or 2008 on the Xbox, it's the here and now that investors and the MS BoD care about and the division has made money continually for several years now. Not enough to offset the losses from the early years but that has zero impact on the financial situation of the company today.

That was a freebie for ya, now I'm done.

*edit* the last links you posted talk about the same thing are merely unfounded speculation by a single analyst. Kinda like a troll. I'm sure you would get along well!!
#24Xeeh_BitzPosted 7/15/2014 11:06:05 PM
OkayPlayer1 posted...
They are profitable cause now they continue to generate profit quarter after quarter. That's what profitable means and how they are lol. You know business is reviewed in fiscal quarters and years right? You really don't understand business do you? Nobody cares that MS lost 4 Billion in 2004 or 2006 or 2008 on the Xbox, it's the here and now that investors and the MS BoD care about and the division has made money continually for several years now. Not enough to offset the losses from the early years but that has zero impact on the financial situation of the company today.

That was a freebie for ya, now I'm done.

Hell, according to the link you posted. The last quarter on that chart was a huge loss

lol
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
#25OkayPlayer1Posted 7/15/2014 11:12:03 PM(edited)
They'll have high and low quarters so I misspoke there (see that admitting an error) but it's fiscal year to year that is the defining numbers moreso than a specific quarter.
#26Xeeh_BitzPosted 7/15/2014 11:12:49 PM
OkayPlayer1 posted...
They'll have high and low quarters so I misspoke there (see that admitting an error) but it's fiscal year to year that is the defining numbers moreso than a specific quarter.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/126085/Microsofts_Xbox_360_Division_Sees_132_Billion_Profit_For_Fiscal_Year_2011.php

2011?

lol

So Xbox had a few good years but overall, losing money and will lose even more now with how much Microsoft spent on the exclusives, cloud, etc..

and thought you were going to bed, didn't know I was keeping you awake.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
#27Miiri0Posted 7/15/2014 11:29:03 PM(edited)
Other products in Entertainment & Devices division have done a good job hiding loses by xbox brand.