Does "Instant On" in the system settings let you download while the xbox is off?

#1DepreceV2Posted 7/15/2014 7:46:26 PM
?

That's how you set it up to download while my Xbox is off right? I'm trying to download this Dragon Teeth BF4 DLC while I go to sleep. Is that how you do it?
---
It's amazing how every time you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot! ~Vegeta
#2krosieangel gfPosted 7/15/2014 8:03:55 PM
Yes it does and it also instant installs updates. Be careful though as I had this option turned on and my xbox started making a buzzing noise while it was off after a few weeks as the xbox is essentially always on so I turned it off
---
The wayward son
#3kungfuj0Posted 7/15/2014 9:36:42 PM
Quick question from someone who doesn't on a xbone yet but is getting one soon...

Do you HAVE TO leave it in instant on mode to be able to download while the system is 'off', or will it just automatically do it like the 360 does???
---
Sometimes I honestly think that Online is the WORST thing that ever happened to gaming.
#4krosieangel gfPosted 7/15/2014 11:11:33 PM
Instant on is the only way to download on this but I have a feeling they will add it at some point as they seem to be fixing at least on feature that should have been on every month.

At the start we couldn't see when friends came online. Parties where a big mess to start up and there was no way to see how much charge the pads had so they would just die with no warning.
They have fixed those issues.
---
The wayward son
#5MusuoJoePosted 7/15/2014 11:11:44 PM
I think it has to be in Stand By mode to do this...
---
>The World Is Yours< *Al Pacino*