does Microsoft feel sad about Kinect?

#21VanderZooPosted 7/16/2014 5:03:48 AM
The top wigs at Xbox who really believed in Kinect and had this vision of everyone in America walking into their homes and speaking to their TV's must be heartbroken that their vision was so rejected by gamers, to the point where they had to just abondon it 9 months in.

Same for Nintendo with the Gamepad I'm sure.
---
Last gen to-play list: Okami HD, Peace Walker HD, Red Dead Redemption, Nier.
Currently playing: FFX/X-2 HD
#22thrillhouse76Posted 7/16/2014 8:23:16 AM
kinect is cool technology that there is really no good use for. i wouldn't put one in my house, either. i have enough corporations spying on me already, thank you very much.
#23dnmtPosted 7/16/2014 9:14:48 AM
thrillhouse76 posted...
kinect is cool technology that there is really no good use for. i wouldn't put one in my house, either. i have enough corporations spying on me already, thank you very much.

Kinect has plenty of good uses, just not for gaming. All the really cool Kinect stuff is homebrew on PC.
#24Altair001Posted 7/16/2014 2:05:41 PM
SigmaLongshot posted...
I don't know how Microsoft gets the reputation of cold and uninviting. Since the early 00s all of the big three have done and said some pretty diabolical things, but selective memory, and all that.

In the past fourteen years, they've built and sold consoles. All three have done that.
-They've imposed proprietary accessories. All three have done that.
-They charge you for an online infrastructure that they pioneered. Sony also does this.
-Microsoft pay for exclusivity on a game-by-game basis. All three do this.
-Microsoft have abandoned hardware they promised to support. All three have done this.
-Microsoft was panned for letting people promote their console on Youtube. Sony actively blackballed and placed formal warnings to Kotaku, Gamasutra and Gamespot for printing "less than favourable" press about them, forcing them to rewrite with a more positive spin.

Just remember for every "MicroSpies!" there's a "Rumble in controllers isn't needed, it's last-gen" palaver or a "Nah, we don't need to pack an AC adapter in with your new console!"

I see Microsoft's follies, but don't pretend the others are paragons.

MS started most of the anti-consumer practices plaguing the industry today. People hate them for the right reasons.