Wait. So why is the Xbox One the same price as a Playstation 4?

#131orestes1981Posted 7/16/2014 3:22:46 PM
Iemander posted...
Lots of strange comments in this thread. Let's get the facts straight:

1. PS4 is more powerfull than the Xbox One
2. The general perception is that the PS4 is more powerfull than the Xbox One (Microsoft admits this)
3. People buy a new console because they want something more powerfull than they already have
4. Both systems are equal in price
5. PS4 still outsells the Xbox One

I think it's fairly easy to see that Microsoft has a problem.

Xbox fanboys will never admit these truths....
---
Cappin' thine enemy is not exactly something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher
#132archibald3Posted 7/16/2014 4:10:41 PM
In Canada the ps4 is more expensive . In response to the actual topic ,as usual , it completely ignores the fact that a console purchase is about many things , one of them being graphical prowess. Another point is that the Xbox One and the ps4 are very close when it comes to graphics - it`s a Sony fanboy myth that to the human eye , and with no direct comparison , there is much difference between the 2 consoles.
#133blacklabelicePosted 7/16/2014 5:02:03 PM
oh hey look its another topic from troll boy
#134xacebopPosted 7/16/2014 5:19:38 PM
After buying a new PC looking back at topics like these arguing over a few pixels while PCs are generations ahead really seems redundant
#135weapon_d00d816Posted 7/16/2014 5:30:29 PM
dataDyneSoldier posted...
and one is much more powerful than the other...one piece of hardware can almost consistently put up 1080p at 60fps

The PS4 isn't "much more powerful" than the Xbox One. The PS4 can't even do 1080p at a consistent 60 fps. It can certainly run more games at 1080p than the Xbox One, but neither console can achieve 1080p with smooth 60 fps at the moment.
---
SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG
#136dataDyneSoldier(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2014 9:04:00 PM
blacklabelice posted...
oh hey look its another topic from troll boy

Do you have anything to add to the actual conversation or are you just trying to make people mad? And you call other people trolls. lol
---
BOlieve! http://i.imgur.com/ABd2uA1.gif
"You may not like him, Minister. But you can't deny: Dumbledore's got style."
#137PulpPosted 7/16/2014 9:55:08 PM
I didn't read the thread but I am sure someone has said something like:

It doesn't make sense. PS4 is superior hardware (fact). Consequently, the kinectless xbone is overpriced by X dollars (debatable).

How much cheaper should it be? I dont know...50-100 sounds right.

The xbone has enough problems attracting gamers -- with inferior hardware as well, the price doesnt make sense.
---
INTEL 533MHZ PIII 512k/133, ALL-IN-Wonder 128 Pro AGP, 128MB SDRAM, Sound Blaster 32AWE, 47GB Elite SCSI, Win98
#138Homie_202Posted 7/16/2014 10:47:34 PM
LinkMaster207 posted...
Microsoft is known to be better at software, while Sony is known to better at hardware. The PS4 is probably manufactured for about the same price as the Xbox One.

In your opinion you mean? I think generally it seems to be the other way around since Sony has a much wider variety of games then MS.
#139Shik_stickPosted 7/17/2014 1:15:50 AM
LinkMaster207 posted...
Microsoft is known to be better at software, while Sony is known to better at hardware. The PS4 is probably manufactured for about the same price as the Xbox One.

I made it to this post and laughed so i had to cut in...

Microsoft and the Xbox has NEVER been known to be better at software. Sony has always had the universally accepted, better software.
---
Teach me about bozongas!-Jude Mathis
Best game of 2013 , The Last of Us. Sony is on point!
#140Rancid_SkankPosted 7/17/2014 2:24:30 AM
Games.

Xbox either has the ones we want already out (Titanfall, Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3) or out in the future (Halo, Gears, games from Remedy, Platinum, Cave, MAGES).

Since those are the games I want to play, it doesn't matter how much the PS4 costs or the differences between multiplats, as Xbox is clearly the right choice.
---
GT: RancidSkank
PSN: Rancid_UK