Wait. So why is the Xbox One the same price as a Playstation 4?

#151quincy2000aPosted 7/17/2014 4:58:57 AM
Rancid_Skank posted...
What if the (incredibly understated to suit your agenda) 10% difference in the library happen to be the games that I want to play the most?

The PS4 could be 100 and the Xbox 500 and I'd pick the Xbox if that was the console that offered the games I wanted to play.

Gamers play games, fanboys play top trumps with specs, and pretend the PC doesn't exist.

I agree 100%.

And for those who have been more interested in the 90% (multiplats), or at least have been to date, that also makes the choice a lot easier.
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#152dataDyneSoldier(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2014 2:36:51 PM
quincy2000a posted...
Rancid_Skank posted...
What if the (incredibly understated to suit your agenda) 10% difference in the library happen to be the games that I want to play the most?

The PS4 could be 100 and the Xbox 500 and I'd pick the Xbox if that was the console that offered the games I wanted to play.

Gamers play games, fanboys play top trumps with specs, and pretend the PC doesn't exist.

I agree 100%.

And for those who have been more interested in the 90% (multiplats), or at least have been to date, that also makes the choice a lot easier.

This makes sense, but why is it that the Xbox One supposedly has a much better list of exclusives currently available and yet the Playstation 4 is basically doubling it in all-time sales?
---
BOlieve! http://i.imgur.com/ABd2uA1.gif
"You may not like him, Minister. But you can't deny: Dumbledore's got style."
#153sammogardPosted 7/17/2014 2:39:30 PM
this stuff's getting out off hand sony boys
#154ZeroShot101Posted 7/17/2014 2:46:42 PM
dataDyneSoldier posted...
quincy2000a posted...
Rancid_Skank posted...

I agree 100%.

This makes sense, but why is it that the Xbox One supposedly has a much better list of exclusives currently available and yet the Playstation 4 is basically doubling it in all-time sales?

Because casual gamers care more about specs than the actual games themselves. btw I thought you went to go buy a wii u so why are you still on these boards again
#155dataDyneSoldier(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2014 2:51:03 PM
ZeroShot101 posted...
quincy2000a posted...
Rancid_Skank posted...

I agree 100%.

Because casual gamers care more about specs than the actual games themselves. btw I thought you went to go buy a wii u so why are you still on these boards again

Sorry I wasn't aware that only people who own a console are allowed on its board.
---
BOlieve! http://i.imgur.com/ABd2uA1.gif
"You may not like him, Minister. But you can't deny: Dumbledore's got style."
#156macmahon187Posted 7/17/2014 5:37:17 PM(edited)
thegrimgunner posted...
And before anyone says otherwise, 1080p and 720p make a HUGE difference.

Do you game on the PC? If not please disperse. 1080p is not new. Nor is it a defining feature of "Next-Gen" consoles. Its all in hard drive space, games that are bigger size (in terms of world and detail) and the ability to multitask.

Pricing wise. The Xbox seems perfectly priced alongside the Playstation. But I'm not sure you even care what I'm saying.

Yes, I play games on my PC.

But as far as the XB1 and PS4 pricing, why do you feel they should be the same price when one allows multi-platform games to look much better? Just curious to see your opinion.

Also, if 1080p is as old as you claim, then why does the Xbox One have so much trouble displaying games in that resolution?

I've been playing at 1080p consistently since 2009 when i got my first 1080p monitor. That's also the last time i remember playing my 360.
---
Brought to you by GameFlux
Free GameFAQs app on Google Play!
#157PulpPosted 7/17/2014 5:52:31 PM
ZeroShot101 posted...
quincy2000a posted...
Rancid_Skank posted...

I agree 100%.

Utter nonsense -- unless you have no idea what "casual gamer" actually means.

As to what Rancid said -- it's a perfectly fair point. By the same token, I can buy a TV that performs like utter crap to other comparatively priced sets simply because I like the colour of the bezel. It's a terrible purchase (objectively) but I am happy with it (subjectively). Of course, that is a dumb way to discuss things unless the topic is solely "Why the Xbone is best for Rancid at any price".

The fact is the Xbone becomes a tougher sell and poorer value proposition *to most people* the more it falls behind the PS4 because *most people* understand the smaller the install base, the fewer game support. MS should either cut the price or bundle heavily, before it is too late.
---
INTEL 533MHZ PIII 512k/133, ALL-IN-Wonder 128 Pro AGP, 128MB SDRAM, Sound Blaster 32AWE, 47GB Elite SCSI, Win98
#158kyncaniPosted 7/17/2014 9:38:23 PM(edited)
Casual gamers just buy one system and it's a PS4.
#159archibald3Posted 7/17/2014 9:47:51 PM
quincy2000a posted...
Rancid_Skank posted...

I agree 100%.

Does anyone have a clue on gamefaqs that these companies like Sony and Microsoft make most of their money from other financial endeavors and most of the money they do make off video gaming is through software/digital downloads , microtransactions etc.

All this frothing at the mouth over how many consoles sold , when they`re both selling millions is mostly irrelevent.
#160quincy2000aPosted 7/17/2014 9:54:02 PM
quincy2000a posted...
Rancid_Skank posted...

I agree 100%.

"Xbox One supposedly has a much better list of exclusives currently available"--that's totally subjective and some people would disagree with you.

And, again, as a buyer of mostly multiplats, the exclusives don't mean much to me--in terms of exclusives, it's a bit of a wash for me.
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."