Wait. So why is the Xbox One the same price as a Playstation 4?

#31InfinityOver0Posted 7/16/2014 5:09:08 AM
cause m$ needs the $$
---
Hoping for a Cosmos season 2
#32Lisbon14215Posted 7/16/2014 5:11:09 AM
dataDyneSoldier posted...
Not trolling guys.

But it just seems odd that both consoles are $400, and one is much more powerful than the other. So hear me out. I respect Microsoft and their exclusives. Just because I personally find Halo to be garbage doesn't mean I don't respect it. But that aside, one piece of hardware can almost consistently put up 1080p at 60fps, and the other tends to stick with 720p because it can't handle anymore than that without the whole game falling apart.

Would it be wise for Microsoft to lower it's price even more in order to become more appealing to gamers?

Whenever I see a topic that begins with the phrase "I'm not trolling" I immediately know that the TC is going to try and troll.
---
YOLO... It's like Carpe Diem for idiots.
http://i.imgur.com/vrhzkRB.jpg
#33thegrimgunnerPosted 7/16/2014 5:17:27 AM
thegrimgunner posted...
And before anyone says otherwise, 1080p and 720p make a HUGE difference.

Do you game on the PC? If not please disperse. 1080p is not new. Nor is it a defining feature of "Next-Gen" consoles. Its all in hard drive space, games that are bigger size (in terms of world and detail) and the ability to multitask.

Pricing wise. The Xbox seems perfectly priced alongside the Playstation. But I'm not sure you even care what I'm saying.

Yes, I play games on my PC.

But as far as the XB1 and PS4 pricing, why do you feel they should be the same price when one allows multi-platform games to look much better? Just curious to see your opinion.

Also, if 1080p is as old as you claim, then why does the Xbox One have so much trouble displaying games in that resolution?

People dont generally care about which console has marginally improved graphics. What drives people are exclusives. E3 (the previous one not this one) Knocked some wind out of Microsofts sales , as did lack luster exclusives towards the end of the 360's life span.

I bought my xbox at full price a month or so after launch and at that time it was worth every penny. Think about this. You buy your console. For every hour you play calculate how your console is worth in terms of value. So say 1 hour = 500 pounds (how much I bought it for) in the 200 hours ive put in ive paid. roughly 40 pence per hour to play my xbox one. Refactoring in the cost of games which is an extra 250 plus live (I have about 9 games but a friend of mine gets me them for 15 quid each) that equates to 3.75 per hour. I've already got enough out of my xbox as it is. Infact this is a bloody steal. This does not also take into account the amount of time i spend on amazon and netflix on my xbox. Things I sometimes prefer to do there instead of on my PC.

Also towards the end of the Gen. Games will probably altogether on both sides stop hitting 1080p. Unless our games shrink in size and become less and less adventurous. Not that most gamers would have an issue with the stagnation of video games as a whole because "ohhhhhh 1080pssssssssssssssssssssssss"
---
Psn: IIGrimsonII (Not currently active) Xbox GT: II Krason II
PC/Steam Krason
#34VanderZooPosted 7/16/2014 5:38:59 AM
thegrimgunner posted...
And before anyone says otherwise, 1080p and 720p make a HUGE difference.

Do you game on the PC? If not please disperse. 1080p is not new. Nor is it a defining feature of "Next-Gen" consoles. Its all in hard drive space, games that are bigger size (in terms of world and detail) and the ability to multitask.

Pricing wise. The Xbox seems perfectly priced alongside the Playstation. But I'm not sure you even care what I'm saying.

1080p is new for consoles, and we're talking about consoles here, so the minority of PC gamers who play/played in 1080p is irrelevant.

And Most PC gamers don't even have 1080p monitors, most PC gamers are playing at below 1080p. And we know this because of Steam's hardware surveys, which showed that something like only 30% of Steam users are playing on 1080p monitors and above.

And going above 1080p is also irrelevant to consoles because we play consoles on our TV's, where the standard is 1080p, harldy anyone has a 4K TV, they're hardly even commerical yet, so even if PS4 could go above 1080p, it would be irrelevant anyway.
---
Last gen to-play list: Okami HD, Peace Walker HD, Red Dead Redemption, Nier.
Currently playing: FFX/X-2 HD
#35youngskillzPosted 7/16/2014 5:40:18 AM
cuz then joe blo might get curious an find out it's inferior to the ps4.

ms definitely doesn't want that.
---
Metal Bands -- Sions Funeral, Eye of the Enemy, Arch Enemy, Sepsis, Deals Death, Mechanical God Creation, Cantabile Wind, Fractal Gates, Destinity, Isolated
#36Tsukasa1891Posted 7/16/2014 5:47:39 AM
quincy2000a posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...
One is not 'much more powerful' than the other.

Just sayin'...

your unsubstantiated statement would be better with some actual numbers--because without verified numbers to back up your statement, it carries the same amount of weight as someone who writes "the PS4 is much more powerful than the X1."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ps4+specs+vs+xbox+one

Not that hard to do some research on common knowledge people have had since there release.
---
I was going to post a long and well thought out message ending the argument in this topic, but it would of either been ignored or just go over your head.
#37Bryant187Posted 7/16/2014 5:48:39 AM
TheGam3925 posted...
I think it would be a smart move. Why pay the same amount for less power?

Because more power doesn't always mean better games. Gamecube and Xbox were both more powerful than the PS2 if I recall, and I remember PS2 Dominating due to it's game list.
---
Gamertag - ChaoticBryant
If you don't like the things I say or do, please don't blame me. Blame your parents for raising a pansy.
#38IKnowGameFuPosted 7/16/2014 5:59:38 AM
HDMI in port I guess.
---
"you dawg i heard you like watching TV so i put a TV in your TV so you can watch TV while you watch TV" --- the_great_tidus on 360 TV
#39phineasfoolPosted 7/16/2014 6:04:08 AM
The PS2 and the original Xbox were both $300, yet the Xbox was more powerful and had a built in hard drive while with the PS2 you had to buy a memory card for $20-$30. We're you complaining about that back then?
---
XBLive - phineasfool
NNID - phineasfool
#40VanderZooPosted 7/16/2014 6:07:27 AM
phineasfool posted...
The PS2 and the original Xbox were both $300, yet the Xbox was more powerful and had a built in hard drive while with the PS2 you had to buy a memory card for $20-$30. We're you complaining about that back then?

I think the equaliser is that PS2 came out earlier (consoles that come out earlier tend to be weaker) and you didn't have to buy a remote to use the DVD playback.
---
Last gen to-play list: Okami HD, Peace Walker HD, Red Dead Redemption, Nier.
Currently playing: FFX/X-2 HD